Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New member hesitating between paying MSRP for a pre-order now, or waiting potentially a long time for a deal.

Does anybody have any idea how long it will take for the Q50 Hybrid to be in the VPP program?
Looking at Internet Archive Wayback Machine, the M35h was removed from the exclusion list between 1/16/12 and 3/10/12. Given that it was I think a Spring 2011 release and tested by CNet on 3/23/11 (2012 Infiniti M Hybrid Review - Sedan - CNET Reviews), are we looking at 12 months before it gets in the VPP program?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I saw a random forum post somewhere mentioning without any certainty that new models might be excluded from the VPP the first 90 days after their release, in which case we'd be looking at at least 6 months.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hello all,
New member hesitating between paying MSRP for a pre-order now, or waiting potentially a long time for a deal.

Does anybody have any idea how long it will take for the Q50 Hybrid to be in the VPP program?
Looking at Internet Archive Wayback Machine, the M35h was removed from the exclusion list between 1/16/12 and 3/10/12. Given that it was I think a Spring 2011 release and tested by CNet on 3/23/11 (2012 Infiniti M Hybrid Review - Sedan - CNET Reviews), are we looking at 12 months before it gets in the VPP program?
At least... If you want a deal the M would probably be more the way to go... I don't expect a deal until 9-10 months in ... Maybe even later than that ....:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
It should be a while before it is added to VPP. Here's what I've been telling customers asking.

The pricing we have right now for Q50 is introductory pricing. I expect we will see some price increases in the months following the release. This is how it worked with the JX35 last year. There have been more than $1500 in base price increases (plus some now mandatory package inclusions) on JX's.

So, buying/ordering a new Q50 at the introductory pricing should be a better deal than you'll get a few months after initial release. If every single penny is vitally important to you, and you can't sleep if you didn't get the absolute cheapest deal possible on your fifty thousand dollar new car, then wait. The car will probably be on VPP list around the end of the year / beginning of 2014. Availability will probably increase by then too.

If you want a good deal on a Q50, find a dealership and salesperson that will be up-front with you and that you trust (as much as that's possible). Stop sweating every last nickel and enjoy your new ride.

I'm not trying to call your baby ugly, or tell you that you're a cheap ba$tard. But if paying MSRP, or something close to it, is going to make your ownership experience that much less enjoyable, then wait until year-end or early next year.

If you're in the SF Bay Area and want a great deal, contact me and I'll work something out that will make you happy.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
It should be a while before it is added to VPP. Here's what I've been telling customers asking.

The pricing we have right now for Q50 is introductory pricing. I expect we will see some price increases in the months following the release. This is how it worked with the JX35 last year. There have been more than $1500 in base price increases (plus some now mandatory package inclusions) on JX's.

So, buying/ordering a new Q50 at the introductory pricing should be a better deal than you'll get a few months after initial release. If every single penny is vitally important to you, and you can't sleep if you didn't get the absolute cheapest deal possible on your fifty thousand dollar new car, then wait. The car will probably be on VPP list around the end of the year / beginning of 2014. Availability will probably increase by then too.

If you want a good deal on a Q50, find a dealership and salesperson that will be up-front with you and that you trust (as much as that's possible). Stop sweating every last nickel and enjoy your new ride.

I'm not trying to call your baby ugly, or tell you that you're a cheap ba$tard. But if paying MSRP, or something close to it, is going to make your ownership experience that much less enjoyable, then wait until year-end or early next year.

If you're in the SF Bay Area and want a great deal, contact me and I'll work something out that will make you happy.
So can you call the dealership here in Charlotte that I am working with and tell them you know me and get me that same deal you would give me if I were in the SF Bay Area? :D:D:D

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is a great, highly informative post from a guy who reads square. If I lived out your way I'd beat a path to your door for my Infiniti needs.

You and the dealer lady with whom I've worked for years for our cars have a lot in common, I think. That is a big compliment.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
SweetCarolina, I'll get right on that ;-).

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Infiniti dealer informed me that VPP pricing would likely not be available on the Q50 until this time next year. I will extend my current lease through IFS if this is the case. The current lease quote I have is way too high.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
My Infiniti dealer informed me that VPP pricing would likely not be available on the Q50 until this time next year. I will extend my current lease through IFS if this is the case. The current lease quote I have is way too high.
Well there's always the M37. Lease rates should be good and I've seen enormous discounts with the VPP for that model (10k less last time I had the dealer run numbers on a loaded one). Drive one for a year or two then pick up an off-lease Q50 for a bargain. ;)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Got this reply from Infiniti VPP directly RE: my inquiry this morning of receiving such pricing on the Q50. Looks like they're still running the numbers game... Text Font Line Document

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
250 Posts
When the 2008 G37 coupe came out, I remember I had to wait until December before any dealer allowed VPP pricing. My G35 coupe lease term was up in September 2007, so I had extended my lease by 3 months until VPP was eligible on the G37.

I assume they will do the same thing with this new model.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
When the 2008 G37 coupe came out, I remember I had to wait until December before any dealer allowed VPP pricing. My G35 coupe lease term was up in September 2007, so I had extended my lease by 3 months until VPP was eligible on the G37.

I assume they will do the same thing with this new model.
If it's December, then it's definitely worth the wait, even with the probable post-introduction MSRP price hike. If it's one year (summer next year) like with the M35h, it's more painful.

From autos.aol.com:
2014 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid
Premium 4dr All-wheel Drive Sedan
MSRP:
$51,900

INVOICE:
$47,687

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I was told by an Executive Manger of a dealership, that VPP can be applied to new models as the dealer doesn't loose income because the discount comes out of corporate.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I was told by an Executive Manger of a dealership, that VPP can be applied to new models as the dealer doesn't loose income because the discount comes out of corporate.
Yup. According to that document, it clearly shows that the dealer actually banks a little more than the VPP discount upon reimbursement from NNA. Sounds like a win-win.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.