Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Invidia Gemini Catback with AMS lower downpipes on 2018 Q50 Luxe. Other mods are AMS Heat Exhanger, K&N Drop-ins, and Ecutek Tune by Marin @ Goodspeed Performance Lab.

VR30 Invidia Gemini Catback Sound Clip

Sound clips link:

Attachments

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
That's loud!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Out of curiosity, is there any drone or rasp? Does it back fire(pop) when letting off the gas, and do you know the size of the piping? Is it 2.5 inch or 2.25 inch?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
Out of curiosity, is there any drone or rasp? Does it back fire(pop) when letting off the gas, and do you know the size of the piping? Is it 2.5 inch or 2.25 inch?

The Invidia Gemini CBE tubing diameter is 60 mm (2.36 inches) and the tips are 110 mm (4.33 inches).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

As Avedis53 said, the pipping is 2.36". There is no drone and no rasp even with the lower downpipes and this is because the piping is smaller than FI or ARK which is 2.5" or MBRP which is 3". It also does not pop when I let of the gas but this is easily made possible with a tune although I don't recommend it.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
The FI CBE doesn't have any appreciable drone that I've experienced, at least with the resonator option anyway.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
That's pretty noisy for a cold-start but it sounded nice during that pass, props to Invidia looks like they did some great work on this kit.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
That's pretty noisy for a cold-start but it sounded nice during that pass, props to Invidia looks like they did some great work on this kit.
Even the resonated FI CBE is somewhat loud on startup until the wastegates close. Just ordered the HKS resonated LDPs and hopefully the idle and cruise sound levels aren't too loud for my liking.

·
Premium Member
2020 Majestic White Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD, 2018 MB AMG E63 Sport Edition One Tuned
229 Posts
Will the Invidia Gemini CBE work with the AWD Q50's like the 2020 RS AWD for example ?
Thinking of adding a HKS Resonated Lower Downpipes to something like the Invidia Gemini
CBE or some another quality CBE...

Sounds and looks good though...How did you like the quality of the Invidia CBE when you
got it (polish, materials, fitment, and welds).

How was shipping times from order to delivery, did you order direct from Invidia, and finally
were they cost effective ?

Did Invidia state the horsepower gains on the CBE ?

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vrslow what kind of numbers are you putting to the wheels with that setup?
414WHP & 440lb ft. to the wheels on 91octane at 17psi. With better fuel (E mixes or higher octane) I know it would produce better numbers but I'm out in Arizona where the fuel is poor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will the Invidia Gemini CBE work with the AWD Q50's like the 2020 RS AWD for example ?
Thinking of adding a HKS Resonated Lower Downpipes to something like the Invidia Gemini
CBE or some another quality CBE...

Sounds and looks good though...How did you like the quality of the Invidia CBE when you
got it (polish, materials, fitment, and welds).

How was shipping times from order to delivery, did you order direct from Invidia, and finally
were they cost effective ?

Did Invidia state the horsepower gains on the CBE ?

Thanks for posting.
I am not sure if it will fit the AWD and don't want to give you false information so I recommend contacting Invidia or Redline360 (who i purchase the catback from).

The quality is great especially considering the price of this catback compared to others. Other than great quality, I love the sound matched with lower dowpipes. I've heard without downpipes the system is very quiet.

I received the order in two weeks. I did not ordered from Invidia i ordered it from redline360 and if you purchase from them look online for discount codes or leave the item in your shopping cart for a day or two and they will send you one.

Invidia did not state the horsepower gains but I dynoed and tunned the car after the catback and picked up 15WHP and 5lb ft torque. The biggest gains you will see from this platform are from adding downpipes and this is a fact. One thing i also highly suggest is upgrading your heat exchanger too. Other than this the next step in making big gains is upgrading your fuel system to run E-mixes.

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.