Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 18 Redsport owner here reporting a new issue, this Saturday took my car out for a spirited drive, did a donut or two pull into a lot and see a check engine light pop up, turned the car off, waited a minute, started it up engine light still there, thought it maybe got a little too hot, popped the hood, checked for the dreaded serpentine belt issue and looked for coolant, nothing let it sit for half an hour started it up, still their, disconnected positive terminal, still there, car was driving perfectly fine, but drove it home not going over 45, put in my OBD2 scanner, got a P00D4 code, which is the catalyst, car is bone stock besides catback exhaust, took it to dealer this morning, no word yet, but on the way to school today got a call from my friend with a q60 with exact same mod, catback, got a low oil pressure warning and it said stop immediately, his motor only has 6k miles it, it was replaced after the serp belt failed by dealer, car itself has 26k, pulled over, turned car off, turned on and it was gone but is still getting it towed. Was not expecting this many issues with a new car, my car definitely isn't babied, always in S+ always in manual constant downshifting, etc but this is still worrisome for a $60k car with 5k miles

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I could not find information on P00D4 code. Isn't that supposed to be the code to be thrown for tranny issue (re: recent ecu update)? Just a guess.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Being the pedant that I am I need to point out that when you disconnect the battery remove the negative (ground) not the positive connection for safety.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that i am aware of, my car recently got that update at the dealer, but from what Ive googled and my scanner is telling me its cat/02 sensor related, since the light went off the dealer told me they can't do anything about it until it comes back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting, I have full z1 downpipes... Wonder why any of these mods listed above would affect the oil pressure? Any updates on this would be great!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Interesting, I have full z1 downpipes... Wonder why any of these mods listed above would affect the oil pressure? Any updates on this would be great!
Oil pressure I heard could be effected with someone who has full downpipes and a catback. Several tuners have said the full downpipes could cause an extra amount of heat which might burn the oil faster etc. I also would not be waiting the 10k miles to do oil changes. I change mine every 4K at least but for a stock car I’ve read recommended 5k. I also check my oil constantly because I have FBO and heard about this issue with oil being low before

Not that i am aware of, my car recently got that update at the dealer, but from what Ive googled and my scanner is telling me its cat/02 sensor related, since the light went off the dealer told me they can't do anything about it until it comes back.
If it’s a cat or O2 sensor I wouldn’t be overly concerned. The check engine usually comes on for exhaust issues. If it starts to flash then you have an engine problem from my understanding. The dealer might replace the sensor or you have a bad cat. Just don’t let them say your exhaust was the issue. Unless you removed the lower cats you should be fine with a Catback Exhaust. Who’s exhaust are you running? I’m in South Florida myself. Do you plan on any mods, Tune etc?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I could not find information on P00D4 code. Isn't that supposed to be the code to be thrown for tranny issue (re: recent ecu update)? Just a guess.
The only info I could find was 'Generic Fault Code'...

When you disconnected the battery - did it clear the code? Wondering why the dealer cannot see it now...

Or maybe the code = 'Don't do donuts'. I'm sure that generated a bunch of heat - and drove the VSC crazy?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

When you disconnected the battery - did it clear the code? Wondering why the dealer cannot see it now...

Or maybe the code = 'Don't do donuts'. I'm sure that generated a bunch of heat - and drove the VSC crazy?
I’m sorry I don’t want to live in a world where I can’t do donuts lol.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

Sorry, that wasn't me lol but yes i also tried searching for that code but unable to find it for Infiniti/Nissan.

I like donuts so i wouldn't mind having any temporary code as long as the nannies won't interfere

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I’m sorry I don’t want to live in a world where I can’t do donuts lol.
In MA one can get arrested for "speed exhibition" which is not only racing, speeding up too fast from stop, but just revving up the engine while standing at the light or screeching the tires in turns. What a castrated country this has become

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
In MA one can get arrested for "speed exhibition" which is not only racing, speeding up too fast from stop, but just revving up the engine while standing at the light or screeching the tires in turns. What a castrated country this has become
Insane. One of the most liberal states have some of the strictest traffic laws. Wow. In Florida you can spin the tires all you want its merely a non-moving traffic ticket. I mean you can speed 30 over and it’s no longer arreestable.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Yeah Canada is much the same as MA, although in my city they simply put up speed trap cameras and don't usually bother pulling you over for a ticket if it's just a few KM over.
That any everyone drives 10-20KM/H over the speed limit on the highway anyhow. lol

So cops themselves are pretty lax on that, but I think that's party because we don't have a race track anymore it got closed down about 10 years ago and haven't
gotten a replacement since. :(

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
We need to be like Germany and have certain designated areas with no speed limits. I'd be fine if they even made them expensive toll roads. I think some of us just need to get a little speed out of our system. Why not create a legal way to do that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That stretch of the 401 between London and Windsor should be wide open. It's nothing but flat, straight, and extremely boring.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
We need to be like Germany and have certain designated areas with no speed limits. I'd be fine if they even made them expensive toll roads. I think some of us just need to get a little speed out of our system. Why not create a legal way to do that?
Technically, you're pretty much describing the state of Texas. And coincidentally it's about the same land area as Germany!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Technically, you're pretty much describing the state of Texas. And coincidentally it's about the same land area as Germany!
We have that one toll road that has a speed limit of 85. It's not very convenient to use though so I haven't been on it yet. My uncle was on it and he drives fast. He said he was probably going 90-100 and a BMW passed him that made him feel like he was going backwards.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
We have that one toll road that has a speed limit of 85. It's not very convenient to use though so I haven't been on it yet. My uncle was on it and he drives fast. He said he was probably going 90-100 and a BMW passed him that made him feel like he was going backwards.

That’s on 130 i bet, where people do at least 90. Before i got my red sport, about 8 out of 10 vehicles just flew past me as if i was stopped. Haven’t been there in a while but people who drive on there never changed.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
That’s on 130 i bet, where people do at least 90. Before i got my red sport, about 8 out of 10 vehicles just flew past me as if i was stopped. Haven’t been there in a while but people who drive on there never changed.
I had to look it up. Yup, it's 130! I really want to go try it out. We have the Westpark Tollway in Houston and it's an excellent quality road. The visibility is great and there are very few entrances and exits. It you hit it at the right time (usually at night) there is no traffic and you can max out your car if you like. I can easily hit 140 before my exit.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I had to look it up. Yup, it's 130! I really want to go try it out. We have the Westpark Tollway in Houston and it's an excellent quality road. The visibility is great and there are very few entrances and exits. It you hit it at the right time (usually at night) there is no traffic and you can max out your car if you like. I can easily hit 140 before my exit.
oh the westpark tollway, of course it's a pretty decent 2-lane road. Depending on which direction you're going to, there are some spots with cops though. There's one who's always riding his motorcycle and usually camps out at the fork of on one of the westbound exits. He looks small from afar and easy to miss especially if you're more 1/4 mile away.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts