Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
oh the westpark tollway, of course it's a pretty decent 2-lane road. Depending on which direction you're going to, there are some spots with cops though. There's one who's always riding his motorcycle and usually camps out at the fork of on one of the westbound exits. He looks small from afar and easy to miss especially if you're more 1/4 mile away.
Thank you for the tip. I really need to get my radar hooked up, but just haven't had a chance. I use the Mirror Tap to get power from the mirror.

·
Registered
17 Posts
RedSportMiami...this is noted in the 2017 Q60 Owner's Manual. I think it might apply in your case. Starting and driving 5-19

If the vehicle is driven under extreme
conditions, such as excessive wheel spinning
and subsequent hard braking, the
fail-safe system may be activated. This will
occur even if all electrical circuits are
functioning properly. In this case, push
the ignition switch to the OFF position and
wait for 3 seconds. Then push the ignition
switch back to the ON position. The vehicle
should return to its normal operating
condition. If it does not return to its
normal operating condition, have the
transmission checked and repaired, if
necessary. It is recommended you visit an
INFINITI retailer for this service.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
RedSportMiami...this is noted in the 2017 Q60 Owner's Manual. I think it might apply in your case. Starting and driving 5-19

If the vehicle is driven under extreme
conditions, such as excessive wheel spinning
and subsequent hard braking, the
fail-safe system may be activated. This will
occur even if all electrical circuits are
functioning properly. In this case, push
the ignition switch to the OFF position and
wait for 3 seconds. Then push the ignition
switch back to the ON position. The vehicle
should return to its normal operating
condition. If it does not return to its
normal operating condition, have the
transmission checked and repaired, if
necessary. It is recommended you visit an
INFINITI retailer for this service.
Omg. So the trans can withstand AMS going 10.6 but not an excessive burnout. I really hope this isn’t the case or help us all. lol. Oh it’s 10.4 now lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Omg. So the trans can withstand AMS going 10.6 but not an excessive burnout. I really hope this isn’t the case or help us all. lol. Oh it’s 10.4 now lol.
i would assume AMS has either a changed transmission or tunes to disable that issue. Also while MOVING you get more cooling and airflow over a transmission, standing still and burning out just adds to the heat.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I believe they did a Level10 update....which significantly strengthens it...

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I believe they did a Level10 update....which significantly strengthens it...
I was looking for the post but couldn’t find it. If I remember correctly they did nothing to the trans to run 10.6 but replaced the driveshaft. I’m still looking but I’m pretty sure they said the trans was pretty solid.

Found it.

Just wanted to quickly clarify few things with regards to our Q60. For every 10 second pass, the specifications of the car are as follow:

Stock Engine
Stock Transmission (including torque converter)
Stock Turbochargers
Red Alpha Intake system
Red Alpha Heat Exchanger upgrade ( To be released within the next week )
Red Alpha Downpipes
Red Alpha in-house calibration (EcuTek RaceRom V3 )
Alpha Spec DSS Aluminum 1-piece driveshaft (To be released with the next week for pre-orders)
Suspension is stock
17" M/T Drag radial tires

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Yeah Canada is much the same as MA, although in my city they simply put up speed trap cameras and don't usually bother pulling you over for a ticket if it's just a few KM over.
That any everyone drives 10-20KM/H over the speed limit on the highway anyhow. lol

So cops themselves are pretty lax on that, but I think that's party because we don't have a race track anymore it got closed down about 10 years ago and haven't
gotten a replacement since. :(
I'm sorry, @BigHeadClan,

I came in here for an engine issue, saw your post, and then posted a story that I had apparently already told in here. I can't figure out how to delete having made a comment in this new forum design so here I am with this awkward explanation.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I'm sorry, @BigHeadClan,

I came in here for an engine issue, saw your post, and then posted a story that I had apparently already told in here. I can't figure out how to delete having made a comment in this new forum design so here I am with this awkward explanation.
Hmmm now that you mention it I don't see a delete button, all good though sir feel free to post as ya see fit.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts