·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,642 Posts

·
OP Member
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Confirmed, and my post was from three days ago. That's more like it! Thank you to whoever pulled the lever.
Collective constructive feedback helps the design and dev team build out updates like this. Keep letting us know what you like and dont like. We do listen, just cant make changes on the fly is all.
-Philip

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Me too.

I do have one other gripe though, that probably seems pretty minor but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway: the first option under the quick reply box for some reason is "insert quotes". Which is fine if posters are usually quoting, but I don't think they are. Preview is right in the middle like most message boards, but what I expect to be first, "post reply", is last. Mouse muppets probably aren't affected by this at all, but for those who use tab enter to post, it's now tab tab tab enter. Sounds trivial, I know, just seems like an odd way to lay it out; particularly by anyone with programming backround, which is sort of who I'd expect to be setting it up? I'm not sure if that's a question or a statement, but. Anyway.

·
OP Member
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Me too.

I do have one other gripe though, that probably seems pretty minor but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway: the first option under the quick reply box for some reason is "insert quotes". Which is fine if posters are usually quoting, but I don't think they are. Preview is right in the middle like most message boards, but what I expect to be first, "post reply", is last. Mouse muppets probably aren't affected by this at all, but for those who use tab enter to post, it's now tab tab tab enter. Sounds trivial, I know, just seems like an odd way to lay it out; particularly by anyone with programming backround, which is sort of who I'd expect to be setting it up? I'm not sure if that's a question or a statement, but. Anyway.
I am not 100% certain I understand your question. The only way you would see that is if you had marked to add a quote.

The text editor at the bottom of the thread should look like this.

Is that not what you are seeing?

I am going to add some tutorials below on how to quote just in case that is how you are ending up seeing that option.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1:
Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,642 Posts
Me too.

Mouse muppet? Is that a derogatory term for someone who uses a mouse?? Never heard that before.

I only see "insert quotes" if I have previously selected multi-quoting.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Collective constructive feedback helps the design and dev team build out updates like this. Keep letting us know what you like and dont like. We do listen, just cant make changes on the fly is all.
-Philip
Thanks Philip. The Edit limit was a bit too much. Looks like it works on all posts not just specific threads...a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
-Philip
Thanks Philip. The Edit limit was a bit too much. Looks like it works on all posts not just specific threads...a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Weird double post bug...This is the message I got, so I clicked on "post reply" again....

EDIT: Would be great if we could delete a post...I just went back to delete one of my double posts and I realized I can't do that anymore.

·
Registered
280 Posts

I am not 100% certain I understand your question. The only way you would see that is if you had marked to add a quote.

The text editor at the bottom of the thread should look like this.
View attachment 90099
Is that not what you are seeing?
No. I read through all of the post after yours, all the way to the bottom, and this is what my screen looks like:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm not quoting anyone in this one either, and it's exactly the same. Even in your example of what you see though, post is on the far side of preview, not the first option. Tab tab enter is better than tab tab tab enter I suppose, but it's still unusual vs. the other twenty or so forums I've used over the years.

·
Registered
328 Posts
"My" member flag always changes when I'm traveling another country. Intention?
If you do not select a location on your profile it will default to what ever your IP is presenting as, whether that be due to your physical location or due to and VPN system. If you wish it to statically show your location, please update your profile preferences. If you need assistance with this, let me know and I can help.
I have select a location in my profile – it's "Hamburg, Germany"...

·
OP Member
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
View attachment 90103

No. I read through all of the post after yours, all the way to the bottom, and this is what my screen looks like:

View attachment 90104
That means that at some point you clicked the multi-quote button, likely by mistake. If you click on that now (where it says 3) you can delete them out of there by clicking on the trash can for each one.

- Cricket

161 - 180 of 183 Posts