Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read up on couple posts on here about similar noises and didn't find much to something similar to my problem. there was only one person who has a good video posted about the noise its making and I'll share it below.

A couple people suggested an oil change and some said stabilizer control link but it didn't seem to be this persons problem. The one person I related to who posted the video shown below got his engine replaced but didn't speak on what the problem was. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I drove down the highway and there was a piece of a blown tire on the road that was a bit unavoidable and my car took the hit. Noise started after that incident. When I turned on the car hours later was when I noticed the noise.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
It almost sounds like it's coming from around the drive-shaft/transmission area so I'd direct your investigation there, something was likely knocked loose from the impact or got stuck as a result of it
and is wedged around that area.

Reactions: DrJason

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
172 Posts
I would check your accessory drive belt pulleys, tensioner pulleys and idler pulleys for damage. Maybe one was impacted and damaged (bearing) by the blown tire debris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update: I checked everything I can, couldn't find the root of all evil. I ended up taking it to the dealership and it was internal. Kinda hard to believe that tire debris did that damage but who knows. They didn't know the exact problem or what was loosened up but they checked all external and nothing. There's warranty so its going to be covered. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts