Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Q50s. 16k miles.

When I drive over soft unevenness at slow speeds, like going up slightly into parking lots or slowly through wavy roads, I hear a weird sound in the back that I can only describe as a wooden boat slowly rocking on still water. Almost a low squeezing sound that happens slowly. Oddly enough I don't hear it when I drive over pot holes or rougher roads.

I know...not a good description.

I was convinced it was happening when the shock absorbers in the back were compressing because that's when it happens but no matter how hard a mash on the back with it won't make any sounds.

Does anyone have an idea?
Obviously I could take it to a dealer but if this is a simple fix I could see what I can do.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rear anti sway bar end link?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I left the car at the dealer yesterday, Monday, and just now got it. They had it for two days.

They were finally able to analyze the sound and see where it was coming from.
Something that holds up the struts in the back is what I was told.

I don't have the receipt with me because they're going to email it to me. At that point I assume I will know more.
I was in a hurry, it's the end of the day and I have a lot of work to do.

What's interesting is that the shop did the research via Infiniti and they found out this is only the second case nation wide of this same noise.
So they're documenting everything and have to make some special notes on the warranty because of the rarity of this, after that I'll get the receipt.

Will post what exactly it is at that point, assuming they describe it fully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts