Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a weird ticking sound I have been hearing on rough roads. I narrowed it down to the seatbelt (where it clicks in). It seems to rattle on rough roads. Also, I hear the suspension where I get in and out of the car. I imagine a spring needs lube or the exhause pipe is making the cruching sound. I'll have it looked at on my first visit back.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
When do u hear it? I think I hear mine too! I rarely have my radio off or muted so just the other day, the wifey might have heard the same thing you heard! It sounded like the seatbelt rattling too! We isolated the sound to the rear passenger side and when braking!

When do you hear yours?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Try driving over rough roads and while doing so grab the seatbelt where it locks in to the seat area. It sounds almost like a ticking sound.
Ill try that out! Only thing I am weary about is I did do something with my brakes(painted my calipers) and maybe thats the reason its been making that sound when I step on the brakes! :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
Likely not related as you describe the sound coming from the outside but I heard a weird/crunchy sound the other day coming from left side of driver seat, looked down and there is this white tag stitched to the seat belt and it makes noise so I cut it off.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Check your windows to see whether they are completely up. I was hearing weird chirping noise for two weeks that had the techs look at. He lowered the passenger front window a bit and raised it back up to make a tight seal and the noise went away.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've noticed a noise too. I thought it might be from my sun glasses in the sun glasses holder vibrating from the bass, but I took out my sun glasses and the noise is still there. The noise of rattling is still there even with the sun glasses out of the sun glasses holder. It seems like the noise is coming from the SOS button area

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Has anyone gone to the dealer to report the rattling?

I know I've said this before, but I've actually fixed several squeak and rattle issues on a vehicle line in the past and we used the volume of dealer and warranty claims to determine how we approach fixing the problem.

Sometimes it takes a few months before a fix is actually trialed out, tested, and actually put into the production cycle as a permanent solution--so, the sooner you make this issue visible to Infiniti, the sooner they can take action to trying to resolve the issue for any future cars coming off the line. :)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
So those rattling noises that those of you who are reporting it coming from around the Homelink/SOS button area, in the overnight test drive Q50 I had, it sounded to me like there was a screw or spring loose in the moonroof. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the culprit; this is definitely something to immediately address to the service dept. because it is not normal. I listened carefully for that rattle when I picked up my car earlier. Fortunately, it's not there; my car did come in the latest batch. Maybe it's a decently common issue on a certain batch?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've now started hearing a weird sound, I think it's coming from where the center console wood meets the leather......driving me crazy and get zone it out. Similar to what you would hear if a styrofoam cup were in the cup holder....kind of a short squeak, but much deeper in tone

·
Registered
444 Posts
My wife's Hyundai rattled from day 1. I found it was the seat belt clips. I just clip all the seat belts into the holders instead of leaving them free. It worked like a charm. Its annoying for people to un-clip then re-clip but it saves my sanity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.