Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good for you. I will say even my 2001 S4 has a quality feel to it that you just don't get with a Japanese car. Even something as simple as opening and closing the door. And I would imagine a modern Audi would ooze quality even more so.
The fanboys on this thread are going to be mad at you for saying that.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The S5 is just a step up. I liked the Q50 but it was just a little too big for me and I've always liked Audi's fit and finish. Now that I've had it for 2 weeks, I can truly say that it just drives, feels and looks better. Where I never received compliments with the Q50, I've had plenty of people come up to me to tell me what a nice car they think the Audi is.

I know some will bring up the financial side but I got a great deal and it doesn't affect me negatively in any way.
Good points. My friends teen daughter thought her fathers Q50 was too big for her also.

As for looks I call BS. Unless the compliments are from people whom only have seen the front end of your car. As for financial I’m very suspect of your claim. 6 months of ownership and claiming you weren’t affected in any way? Unless you are extremely wealthy it had to of been a rather large loss. However if you were that wealthy you certainly would of bought a much better and more expensive car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The S5 is just a step up. I liked the Q50 but it was just a little too big for me and I've always liked Audi's fit and finish. Now that I've had it for 2 weeks, I can truly say that it just drives, feels and looks better. Where I never received compliments with the Q50, I've had plenty of people come up to me to tell me what a nice car they think the Audi is.

I know some will bring up the financial side but I got a great deal and it doesn't affect me negatively in any way.
Funny can't agree more. I've had my 2014 A6 (Prestige) for 3 weeks love how it's more comfortable and drives better than my Q50. Also love the adaptive cruise and stop and go option, sitting it traffic and letting the car do some of the work is nice :).

Fit and finish is very different.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Funny can't agree more. I've had my 2014 A6 (Prestige) for 3 weeks love how it's more comfortable and drives better than my Q50. Also love the adaptive cruise and stop and go option, sitting it traffic and letting the car do some of the work is nice :).

People's feelings getting hurt :)

·
Registered
563 Posts

Strongly suggest some research before commenting. The current Infiniti adaptive cruise control is by far one of the best offered in the industry.

This review from Consumer Reports was done in 2018. Significant changes and upgrades were done to the 2019 & 2020 models.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The fanboys on this thread are going to be mad at you for saying that.
Nah, most of us are petty civil and would agree Audi is the more premium car when compared to Infiniti but at the end of the
day we buy the car we can afford not the one we want and the Q50 is much, much cheaper when leased.

Besides Audi makes even BMW look pretty bad, the last gen 3-series in particular wasn't all that impressive when compared to the Q50 when it came to materials and fit/finish,
it had I-drive going for it and the badge and that was about it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
some research before commenting. The current Infiniti adaptive cruise control is by far one of the best offered in the industry.

This review from Consumer Reports was done in 2018. Significant changes and upgrades were done to the 2019 & 2020 models.

[/Qow have a 2014 A6 comparing year to year. An this is an option my car didn't have.[/QUOTE]
Nah, most of us are petty civil and would agree Audi is the more premium car when compared to Infiniti but at the end of the
day we buy the car we can afford not the one we want and the Q50 is much, much cheaper when leased.

Besides Audi makes even BMW look pretty bad, the last gen 3-series in particular wasn't all that impressive when compared to the Q50 when it came to materials and fit/finish,
it had I-drive going for it and the badge and that was about it.
Strongly suggest some research before commenting. The current Infiniti adaptive cruise control is by far one of the best offered in the industry.

Well that's great if I was comparing 2019 and or 2020's :\ .I had a 2014 Q50 that obliviously didn't have that option. I am only comparing my old Q50 to my new to me 2014 A6. So just commenting that I like that option. Gess

41 - 48 of 48 Posts