Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there,

I'm gonna start saying that I was very hesitant about getting the ART pipes because I didn't know about this great product. I thank AntoDiazQ(Anthony) my best friend for convincing me on getting these because overall is the best purchase I've done for my car so far. Please see below my opinion on every aspect of the Motordyne ART Pipes & the Company that makes them :

Custom Service : A+ - Tony from Motordyne assisted me with all my questions:nerd: and assured that if the pipes wouldn't fit he would refund all my money.
Shipping : A +
Quality : A+( I'm still impressed )
Fitment : A+ ( Perfect to be more specific )
Weight : 6.5lbs less than the stock ones.

Then moving to the interesting part :

HP - Def gains. I raced AntoDiazQ with a full tank,20" Niche rims and he had only 1/4 tank with the stocks 17" and took him by a bumper.

Sound - Deeper and louder and at the same time perfect for the wifey not to complain. Remember I also have the Full Stillen Catback.

TRQ - Feels Improved, specifically around 3k.

Below you can look at all the pictures we took during the installation :

http://youtu.be/9FfN4AUwJ0U

As I previously said the best performance product ever made for the G37,Z370 & Q50.

For ordering info please contact Tony at : [email protected] or by phone at (661) 993-5111 & Sales (661) 993-5242.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats man! Been waiting for art pipes for the Q. How much did they run? I heard a little rasp in the video. Was that there before the pipes or only after?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BNB-Ryan I'm stating that there's gains based on solid facts and not on opinions or rumors. I raced AntoDiazQ 3 times and took him by a bumper. Taking into consideration that I have 20" rims he has the 17" stocks and I had a full tank and he had only a 1/4. Either way we are going to the track tomorrow and will be releasing the videos once we get back. Therefore, I'm tuning my car very soon, I'm just waiting on Uprev to get back to me with a concrete answer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats man! Been waiting for art pipes for the Q. How much did they run? I heard a little rasp in the video. Was that there before the pipes or only after?
The quality of the video is not the best.All I can tell you is that they sound badass. I'm going to do a professional video once I do the tune, I'm just waiting for Uprev to confirm they can work on my ECU.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'd love to see a dyno before we start saying "definite horsepower improvement."
There's plenty of dynos of z's and g's. Same longblock. Lots of 7AT dynos as well. So the gains have been proven before.

Point is your going to get the Same if not very similar results as 370z and g37s.

·
Registered
853 Posts
There's plenty of dynos of z's and g's. Same longblock. Lots of 7AT dynos as well. So the gains have been proven before.

Point is your going to get the Same if not very similar results as 370z and g37s.
It's not the same car. I would point out that Stillen has said on this very forum that the intake/exhaust doesn't have the same effect on the Q50 as a G37, not the same HP gains. The ART pipes may be different, I am certainly no expert. But I don't think it's as simple as saying look at these other cars.

I'd just like to see an actual measured difference in HP.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How bad is the rasp? Is the pricing the same as with previous models?
I'm gonna do a drive by with a good quality camera you can't really capture the real sound with the Iphone. The rasp is nothing for me compared to the HFCs, Very little if anything

·
Registered
163 Posts
So it seems like as far as rasp and sound (per volume) the order from quietest to loudest is ART pipes, HFCs and then Test pipes?

With that being said is there any R&D currently taking place for test pipes? I wish there were shops on the east coast looking for cars to R&D on. I would be all over that!

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's not the same car. I would point out that Stillen has said on this very forum that the intake/exhaust doesn't have the same effect on the Q50 as a G37, not the same HP gains. The ART pipes may be different, I am certainly no expert. But I don't think it's as simple as saying look at these other cars.

I'd just like to see an actual measured difference in HP.

Ok , yea your points sound very convincing. So I'm going to believe you now. N e ways what would I know of these cars , it's not like I work on them everyday.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hey Sergio, the man is just asking for some hard data. Re-read his post and your response. It sounds more like he is the one that is asking to be convinced, and in the correct manner; claiming not to be an expert and asking for some numbers.

You, on the other hand, are the one trying to convince someone else, by expressing your expertise-based opinion. I respect your experience and first-hand knowledge of the Q50 and other cars, but there is no need to be dismissive when in all reality, nothing will prove the HP gains like cold hard facts.

·
Registered
853 Posts

Ok , yea your points sound very convincing. So I'm going to believe you now. N e ways what would I know of these cars , it's not like I work on them everyday.
Sry bout ur situation. May-b lyfe will treat you better next time around.

So I'll accept "I raced my butt buddy on the highway" as hard proof of HP gains. Maybe you can convince K&N and other companies to use this instead of dyno charts in their advertising. I mean, "I like, pulled on him by a bumper" is much more convincing. Maybe they can include a picture of your car as proof that you get 14.2 HP from the product.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wow! Strong response....:)

You could've just stated that a race involves way too many variables for anyone to conclude that the bumper-length victory was due to the new pipes!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sry bout ur situation. May-b lyfe will treat you better next time around.

So I'll accept "I raced my butt buddy on the highway" as hard proof of HP gains. Maybe you can convince K&N and other companies to use this instead of dyno charts in their advertising. I mean, "I like, pulled on him by a bumper" is much more convincing. Maybe they can include a picture of your car as proof that you get 14.2 HP from the product.
Lol ahh this is fun,

No need to get your panties in a bunch, your trying to get personal and start throwing comments like those all behind a keyboard and a computer? Real mature.

C'mon now , I take everything you say with a grain a salt. Typical response from someone who doesn't know what there talking about and has to get personal.

And I understand your part on you want numbers before you buy anything, I get it. You need hard facts, and the point I was trying to get across is that the results will be very similar to those of the z's and g's.

Anyways let's keep this in order and hope the OP gets some dynos before the tune.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Sergio, the man is just asking for some hard data. Re-read his post and your response. It sounds more like he is the one that is asking to be convinced, and in the correct manner; claiming not to be an expert and asking for some numbers.

You, on the other hand, are the one trying to convince someone else, by expressing your expertise-based opinion. I respect your experience and first-hand knowledge of the Q50 and other cars, but there is no need to be dismissive when in all reality, nothing will prove the HP gains like cold hard facts.
Very well said, and I respect that answer.

Again like you said, it's just my opinion and I'm not trying to convince anyone on buying these without facts.

But some people take opinions to heart and get butt hurt. :crying:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Lol ahh this is fun,

No need to get your panties in a bunch, your trying to get personal and start throwing comments like those all behind a keyboard and a computer? Real mature.

C'mon now , I take everything you say with a grain a salt. Typical response from someone who doesn't know what there talking about and has to get personal.

And I understand your part on you want numbers before you buy anything, I get it. You need hard facts, and the point I was trying to get across is that the results will be very similar to those of the z's and g's.

Anyways let's keep this in order and hope the OP gets some dynos before the tune.
I take nothing to heart on an internet forum. Your response to me was rude, condescending, and dismissive. I responded back accordingly.

If you would like to be more respectful, which you appear to be now, I'm all for it.

Back on topic. I'd love to see actual dynos as I said earlier, since other performance manufacturers have said openly that exhaust components aren't giving the same results as the previous models. I hope the new pipes prove to be a great HP gain, I may pick up a set if the data is there.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow! Strong response....:)

You could've just stated that a race involves way too many variables for anyone to conclude that the bumper-length victory was due to the new pipes!
That's almost exactly what I said, and I got a rude response back. But hopefully it's under the rug now. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's almost exactly what I said, and I got a rude response back. But hopefully it's under the rug now. :D
We're all men here not women lol

Your right I did Come off disrespectful and dismissed what you said.

My fault, all under the rug.

I will tell you this, my car will be used for the MotorDyne exhaust for the Q50 since I'm 10mns away lol. so I will keep you guys updated with any info.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts