Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Since the Q50 we saw at Detroit is getting the same engine as the G37, it 0-60 shouldn't be too far off from it.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The better question is what will the hybrid Q50 0-60 be. Electric motors offer tons of torque at any given time. If the regular Q50 has a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds (which it should - if anything quicker) the hybrid should see even quicker times.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The M35h has the same powtrain as the upcoming Q50 hybrid. Due to its lighter weight, I'd expect the Q50 to beat its big brother's 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds by at least .2. Maybe even .3 seconds. That would put it firmly ahead of the BMW 3 series hybrid.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Is the Q60h the exact same power train as the M35h?
I would expect it to be but we'll have to wait a bit before we find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the same engine set up will be used on the new hybrid with some tweaks to it of course.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The hybrid is aiming for a 4.9s 0-62 but they're still tweaking it. It has achieved that speed already but the CO2 emissions were slightly above desired levels so more work on tuning to get it in that perfect sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
The hybrid is aiming for a 4.9s 0-62 but they're still tweaking it. It has achieved that speed already but the CO2 emissions were slightly above desired levels so more work on tuning to get it in that perfect sweet spot.
That's should mean 4.8 to 60 maybe even a 4.7 and 30 MPG take that 335i:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Emissions are a huge factor as they need to keep it under a certain level in order that people will actually buy it over here, therefore i'm slightly jealous of the American taxing system that would suggest that you guys might get a more powerful version!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why hybrid faster than petro model? Because Infiniti :D
If its anybody Im lad its infiniti than anyone else. Class and style bring performance to the greatest and for a greener future of course. This means less carbon monoxide and faster cars. I would say give it 10 years before all cars are hybrid and electric.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
All true car critics will know that there is no better performance luxury hybrid in its class better than the Infiniti M35h. :D

If this Q50H can hit low 5.0s numbers, I don't see why it wouldn't sell like hotcakes.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I think those numbers are way off... The current G is already faster than that...

I agree... the current G37 is a 5.2-5.5 to 60 car depending on the driver, tranny, etc. The Q50 should be around the same. The hybrid should be in the high 4s, 4.8-4.9.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts