Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50. Ecutek
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
93 is around $3.30 around here, shell sells it for $3.80. But u have to know were to buy, last month i was paying $2.89 for 93 but price have been going up lately. Whenever wanting race gas i just get the sunoco 5 galon wich retails for about $80.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
436 Posts
So i just called as asked the shell how much their race fuel was, she said which one? I thought they had 2 pumps with 110 but they have 110 and 113. She said the 110 is $60.00 per gallon...I said "sixteen?" she said "no $60":oops:

I honestly thought it would be between $15-20 per gallon. I didn't even ask about the 113

That can't be right
Yup - pump race gas is for play dates - that’s why people love WMI. 😎

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
15 Posts
Jesus, gas price is out of control around the country. I pay 3.19 at costco, all you get is good ole 91 in Idaho. If I forgot my costco card, it's 3.39ish at Sinclair and like 3.49-3.69 at Chevron/Shell. I remember I was filling up at 2.19 at costco around October. Cost my Q60 to fill up from gas light comes on, less than 40 bucks

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
530 Posts
I do 93 but every other fill up is E39 mix.

Reactions: LaKuan

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
I do 93 but every other fill up is E39 mix.
Why E39? Better than E38 or E40? Are you blending with E85? Do you know if it's E85 all the time or do you test it to determine how much to add? Do you test your blend?

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
101 octane is almost $9/gallon in my area.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Why E39? Better than E38 or E40? Are you blending with E85? Do you know if it's E85 all the time or do you test it to determine how much to add? Do you test your blend?
I have the Spool flex fuel kit and I'm able to run this mix without issue. However, at the top of 4th if I'm less than 1/4 tank it will start to lose fuel pressure since I haven't upgraded my fuel pumps yet.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
I have the Spool flex fuel kit and I'm able to run this mix without issue. However, at the top of 4th if I'm less than 1/4 tank it will start to lose fuel pressure since I haven't upgraded my fuel pumps yet.
You should list your mods in your signature field so others know that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You should list your mods in your signature field so others know that.
I thought I did already but I don't see it showing at the bottom of my post...

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
I thought I did already but I don't see it showing at the bottom of my post...
This is explained in the New Members sticky. You put your mods in the Vehicles Details field. They are there but as you can see, they are listed under your avatar and there isn't enough room to display all the information. Instead, put your location in the Vehicles Details field. I know it doesn't make any sense but look at my post. You'll see Newport, Oregon listed under my avatar. It helps to know where you are located in order to answer certain questions that are influenced by your location (eg. weather).

If you go into the Account Settings and then down to Signature, click on that and enter all your car information in that field. That will show up at the bottom of each post you make like you see at the bottom of my post. Very helpful for answering questions.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD - Asphalt Grey
11 Posts
Just want to know what u guys are running for gas on the daily. I always run on 93, its a little expensive but its worth the performance. Ive seen people run ethanol with the flex fuel kit but i dont know if ethanol is good for daily use or just for racing nights. View attachment 99285
94 Octane - no ethanol- Chevron in Vancouver BC Canada

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Metallic Dynamic Sunstone Red
129 Posts
94 Octane - no ethanol- Chevron in Vancouver BC Canada
Isn't there a place in New Westminster, Northside petroleum gas station at 24 Braid street that sells E85? Never been there but friends I know talk about it. They have a pump that is E85, probably the only one in BC. I live on the island it's out of reach for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Isn't there a place in New Westminster, Northside petroleum gas station at 24 Braid street that sells E85? Never been there but friends I know talk about it. They have a pump that is E85, probably the only one in BC. I live on the island it's out of reach for me.
I think they closed down from what I know, otherwise there might be a place in Abbotsford BC that has a pump with E85. I'm not sure what its called though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually nevermind i take back my remark, it is still open. But I don't know if they do have E85. Cheers

·
Registered
2018 Q50. Ecutek
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You will find that it tastes exactly the same as 91.
I can tell if someone put 91 in my tank cuz i only use 93. So technically if 91 aint close to 93 much less it will be close to 94.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts