Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I can tell if someone put 91 in my tank cuz i only use 93. So technically if 91 aint close to 93 much less it will be close to 94.
Oh...yes, your car will tell the difference, but if you were to mix it with diet coke over some ice, you couldnt tell the difference.

If I had access to 92 or 93, I would run it.

If I had access to 94, I may run that as well.

The 101 at $9 is a waste on my Q, but my G gets it.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
This is why WMI is better than a half-assed bump in Ethanol. $3 a gallon and it goes a LONG way and you get the added benefit of puling heat out of the air charge.

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Metallic Dynamic Sunstone Red
129 Posts
You will find that it tastes exactly the same as 91.
Those with a discerning taste would know the difference because Chevron 94 octane is ethanol free compared to it's lesser 87, 89 & 91 grade fuels, so there's that as well.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
440 Posts
Just want to know what u guys are running for gas on the daily. I always run on 93, its a little expensive but its worth the performance. Ive seen people run ethanol with the flex fuel kit but i dont know if ethanol is good for daily use or just for racing nights.
We don't have any 93 here in SLC, so 91 daily. When I want to have fun, I'll mix E98 with 91 to get about an E30 mixture. There is also an oil company nearby that sells many of Sunoco's racing fuels. II usually get 260GT fuel and mix with 91 pump.

Reactions: Wheels43 and LaKuan

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've got non ethanol 93 here in the Nashville area, but it's pretty pricey. Thats what I run in my Z06. And another Shell station down the road has 2 pumps of 110 octane available.
Where is that station located in Nashville? I'd like to try the 110. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Where is that station located in Nashville? I'd like to try the 110. Thanks.
I said the "Nashville area" but the ethanol free 93 is technically in Shelbyville and the race 110 and 112 pump is about an hour down the road in Huntsville. Guess I could have been a little more specific. lol

41 - 49 of 49 Posts