Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A loud Civic pulled next to me today at a light and floored it on green. It took me a second to realize he wanted to race, I was listening to Milli Vanilli, so I flicked the switch to sport and gunned it. I flew passed him after a few seconds and continued to pull away until the noise from his straight pipe was barely noticeable.

So I slowed down to let him catch up for another go and he decided to stay way back. I guess he had enough.

I guess not a fair race but you never know what's under the hood.

What did you race today and what was the result?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well I sort of raced a 31S (2014) IS250 today. I was bring back to the dealer the Q50 / base "loaner" I had and getting my car back when I looked over at the lane next to me and saw the car bolt from the light. This was an obvious sign to floor the loaner until it shifted at red line and the poor IS person who was probably on a test drive didn't look amused.

Got to love the loaner cars!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I saw a Corvette Stingray on the road and it send chill through my bone.
No way I would dare to race against that car. The looks of the car already intimidated me especially that quad exhaust pipe!

I suppose we are ok with posting street racing in this forum?

I ended up behind him. You decide who lost the race

Don't street race. you can go to jail :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
There have been a couple times lately when I've been at a stoplight next to another car and my lane ends shortly ahead (road work or whatever). For fear of getting stuck behind a slow car, I gun it to zip around and get ahead. It always amazes me the burst of power I get out of the gasser/electro combo of the Q50. For some reason I invariably piss off the other car and they "try" to catch up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.