Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm definitely going electric next :) Rivian and Tesla are the ones I'm eyeing right now. Maybe something else will be available when my Q blows up.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
No, not really (quadrifoglio)....but it being an awesome performer has led some to excuse its reliability penalty.
Honestly I'm not sure how good a performer the QF is, they have cheat tires equipped with 80 tread-wear for all of the testing.
If Alfa had put Some pilot sport 4 tires on it I suspect we would see some very different results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in this same boat now. Looking to see what is next. Have about a month to make a decision on what i want to do.

Cars i like:
Q50s
4 Series Gran Coupe
A5 Sportback
Kia Stinger
G70
Camry XSE

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
The Mercedes C63 is a terrible handling car when even getting close to the limits. And as someone stated if youre looking for reliability rule out MB, BMW and Audi. Owning an Audi without a full warranty is financial suicide.

It almost hurts to even think about it but the new Alfa Giulia is getting really good reviews for handling, reliability etc.
Uh, pretty sure I just spent a week and over a thousand miles in a C63. And pretty sure it handled better than any car I've personally driven, and that includes every model and generation of Infiniti sedan and coupe from the original G35 to the present Q50/60 sports.

All three Germans are more reliable than Infiniti now. It's full-180 from 10 years ago. Renault-Nissan has shat the bed, and the Germans have continuously improved from their horrible performance in the 00s decade. They deserve props. Infinit's issues with the VR from exploding serpentine belts to blown turbos are inexcusable and reminiscent of BMW's old N54 nighmare with the E90/92 335i. Even BMWs don't blow turbos and cooling systems at 50k miles anymore. :laugh:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Uh, pretty sure I just spent a week and over a thousand miles in a C63. And pretty sure it handled better than any car I've personally driven, and that includes every model and generation of Infiniti sedan and coupe from the original G35 to the present Q50/60 sports.

All three Germans are more reliable than Infiniti now. It's full-180 from 10 years ago. Renault-Nissan has shat the bed, and the Germans have continuously improved from their horrible performance in the 00s decade. They deserve props. Infinit's issues with the VR from exploding serpentine belts to blown turbos are inexcusable and reminiscent of BMW's old N54 nighmare with the E90/92 335i. Even BMWs don't blow turbos and cooling systems at 50k miles anymore. :laugh:
The C63 is the best handling car youve ever driven? oh my god, you need to drive more cars! :) The 2019+ C63's have come a long way with their shocks, ABS and suspension programming, so they do deserve the credit. But getting a good lap time is still pretty difficult vs the competition. Weight is a big factor, its 4000 lbs. Ouch. And Im definitely not saying it is more reliable or handles better than the infiniti. The Q is almost as heavy with far less power. Anyway... get the C63 near the limit and bad things happen. Plus with the auto tranny, rolling on the power mid drift is difficult to keep smooth and hold the line.

As for reliability, most of the Germans have come a long way. Not so sure about Audi though. When the car clubs come to our track, theres always a higher percentage of Audis and Mercedes sidelined due to issues. Not just older ones but newer ones. Porsche is a close second, BMW probably the most reliable. Completely anecdotal of course. Being able to teach in their cars is nice because we get to drive a wide variety of vehicles. Never been much of a ferrari fan but that 458...wow... Closely tied with the new Acura NSX IMO as best handling... but now Im getting side tracked.

Bottom line, C63 has come a long way in the last 2 MY's, but just dont push them hard.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm waiting to see if Acura has the gusto to release a TTV6 for their Type S line coming out. I would consider that with their AWD system based on price point. I'd enjoy getting back to Honda/Acura reliability and warranty

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am in this same boat now. Looking to see what is next. Have about a month to make a decision on what i want to do.

Cars i like:
Q50s
4 Series Gran Coupe
A5 Sportback
Kia Stinger
G70
Camry XSE
Guys, I am curious on peoples opinions of the A5 and 4 series Gran Coupe (or maybe even a 445ix). I am already thinking down the line and want a car that isn't as "common".

Although I love my Q50 and have a trim/package that is far less seen than the standard base Q50s I see, I feel like I am seeing way too many Q50s in general. Now I want to upgrade to something more eye turning and seen less often on my next lease without sacrificing power/speed. Reliability isn't as much of an issue as I only lease new cars.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Guys, I am curious on peoples opinions of the A5 and 4 series Gran Coupe (or maybe even a 445ix). I am already thinking down the line and want a car that isn't as "common".

Although I love my Q50 and have a trim/package that is far less seen than the standard base Q50s I see, I feel like I am seeing way too many Q50s in general. Now I want to upgrade to something more eye turning and seen less often on my next lease without sacrificing power/speed. Reliability isn't as much of an issue as I only lease new cars.
Well neither the A5 or 4-series are any more exotic by comparison, if anything they are more common in most cities unless your getting RS editions.
In terms of performance a A5 or 445ix would be a step backwards from the Q50/60 as well.

Honestly you are probably only seeing more Q50's on the road because you own one, so I wouldn't worry about turning heads
all that really matters is if you think the car looks good.

And sine we don't know when your lease is up or what your budget is it's kind of hard to make suggestions based on that.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Gas electric seems to still be the long distance solution. The Porsche 918, i8, etc. looks to be the best blend. If the 918 tec was affordable at the performance level it may be my next car. No sooner than 4 years b4 I consider buying a replacement for my modded Q50.

However, by then new alternatives may have a better mousetrap. All electric power is attractive.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
No, not really (quadrifoglio)....but it being an awesome performer has led some to excuse its reliability penalty.
Reading the forums people are happy with going 1000 miles with no issues. You'll see responses in reliability Quad threads that say, "Driven 500 miles so far so good this car is a rock!". It's pretty laughable because they are dead serious.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I dropped off my G35 for some work. I went home and picked up my Q50.

On the way to work, I saw a nice looking white, 4 door, RS5. Very nice looking car. But, I would take my Q50 with my limited mods over that RS5 all day every day.

Between the G35 6mt RWD and my Q50 RS AWD, there isn't a darn car I would prefer to have.

I would buy my Q50 again but without DAS, and I would buy the G35 again.

The only car I would add to the stable may be a 2015+ WRX or STI as I wish I never sold my WRX.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Might that rule out BMW and Mercedes?
My bmw has been the most reliable car I've owned actually, and was my first choice before getting the Q50.

I test drove the genesis when it still had a hyundai badge on it and it was a nice car. At that same time I test drove the VW phaeton and liked it more despite it's dated looks. Last year I stumbled upon the Kia K900. Beautiful interior, v8 rwd. I didn't drive it but looked up many reviews later that evening. The consensus was it doesn't handle very well. And the sticker price was another reason to not buy it. Over $60k for a kia?!

Jaguar is something I always take a look at every few years, but given all the constant problems I've had with mine over 10 years of ownership I'd probably never buy another. It's still my favorite lawn ornament err I mean car.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Sorry but Bimmers do nothing for me and, IMPO, they are WAY overrated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is some really nice stuff coming out. Would be a tossup between a GT350, 340i/M3, and a new Ram 1500-those trucks are gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Probably a BMW M2/M4 or maybe a M240i (B58)
^^^^

This.
Sorry but Bimmers do nothing for me and, IMPO, they are WAY overrated.
Depends which Bimmer you drive in the BMW line up, 2-series is much funner than the Q50/60. So long as you can get around the lower quality
interior and cost of long-term maintenance that is.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
much funner?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
There is some really nice stuff coming out. Would be a tossup between a GT350, 340i/M3, and a new Ram 1500-those trucks are gorgeous.
I have a loaded 2019 RAM Limited Crew Cab 4X4...bought it in mid-Feb and LOVE IT! Amazing vehicle and Ford and GM can't even come close!

Truck of the Year baby;)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts