Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a topic that usually has legs on other car forums and takes some interesting twists and turns:

What did you do to your Q50 today?

I'll start: Today I applied its third round of Klasse polish and installed the Stillen Diffusor...looks good with the Stillen axel back exhaust and oem trunk lip. Also had a 3M clearshield bra installed on the front bumper, lower hood and mirrors.

Attachments

Reactions: Ohthatguy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Went on a killing spree. Speed definitely kills. Ask the hundreds of bugs splattered on the front of my car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Practicing my driving in a disused airport. - slalom Does well in the sports setting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I managed to get some curb rash on it... good thing new wheels/tires are on order.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Getting the roof of my Moonlight White Sport wrapped metallic black today!

End of the week some new wheels, 20" OZ Racing Leggera HLT, either in black or silver, have not yet decided. I'll post pics when it's done!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Went on a killing spree. Speed definitely kills. Ask the hundreds of bugs splattered on the front of my car.
If speed kills - Windows users are going to live forever...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
vbx, I am not sure that is Q50. Something does not look right!!!

Put over 600 miles over the weekend.... not tiring at all! except getting in and out from the car hundred times.... I put my seat all the way down!
Door open/close test, checked! good quality on all three of them!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
This past Friday, I drove out to see Raul, of RaulGCustoms to get my headlights custom painted. He changed a lot of the chrome to black and added some dark red accents. Much more in the works. I also had him put the DKMoulds Smoked corner in them at the same time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I had to come home from work and wash my car because I had to drive through some spilled concrete powder on the way in this morning. Someone had tried to wash the concrete off the road which just made things worse. Not a fun time for someone with MS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dropped mine off at the body shop to have about $5000 worth of hail damage repaired.
When I was getting my rental car, the girls at Enterprise told me that since my birthday was in a couple days, they were upgrading my rental. ...to a Chevy Cruze.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hahahah, **** Enterprise. In fact.. fuckk all rental places. Typically if i need a rental car i'll drop my car off for an "issue" that i need fixed late on a Friday and keep the loaner for the weekend.. just saying. Yes.. I'm a terrible person.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I dropped mine off at the body shop to have about $5000 worth of hail damage repaired.
When I was getting my rental car, the girls at Enterprise told me that since my birthday was in a couple days, they were upgrading my rental. ...to a Chevy Cruze.
Be sure to feed those hamsters that are under the hood. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
^My car got rear ended (minor) a week or so ago and their insurance is covering my rental car while the ride gets fixed...anyway they defaulted to reimbursing for a compact which according to the Enterprise dude was "oh you know a Cruze, Versa, Spark..." wait a sec, Spark?!?!?!? GTFO now. Long story short I opted for two steps up to a "full size" which I was informed could be a "Malibu, Camry, Fusion"... all of which most likely have a base 4cyl turd of a powerplant I'm guessing. Gee whiz. And the onus is on me to call their insurance company and ask for extra reimbursement to get one of these Enterprise "bentleys". I hate to sound like a car snob but if someone smashes into a car of a certain class and dollar value shouldn't they or their insurer be liable to MAKE ONE WHOLE until the car is repaired? Is this not the basic concept of compensatory action?!

Sorry to spout off. I'll end with a positive note- man is it a good time for someone who wants a powerful rwd based awd sports sedan (as long as they don't care about a sports package) to lease for a low price. The dealers seem to be giving away these Q40's at least in my area. With all the tech the Q50's have, for this guy the only thing lacking in my '07 g35 sedan vs my current ride is Navigation [hides behind wall]. Hybrid aside can you really argue that anything else about the Q50 is really must-have over its predecessor? The interior is much better but that's where it ends for me humbly stated.

As for what I've done to the Q lately, I got nothing other than driving and enjoying ")

·
Registered
46 Posts
Today finished my INITIAL batch of my personalization on my car. Already have 1000 miles on her after 2.5 weeks - i'm finding myself finding excuses to take her out of the garage. Girlfriend got to drive last nights and curbed the beauties (oh no) Thank god for plastidip. Patched in 20 minutes)

So far...
Black out chrome trim around Windows, Chrome trim by Fog Lights.
Proper paint sealant (Infiniti of Van Nuys does not prep cars for delivery very well, did it myself, NO orange peel)
Plastidip all wheels satin black.
Windows tinted 20% all the way around

Coming up...
Infiniti sport muffler (July 2015)
Niche Essen M146 (August 2015)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts