Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on this forum shortly after purchasing a 17 RS in december. I have been part of the myg37 community for a few years when I had a G37. I really enjoyed a stickied thread titled..."What did you do your sedan today" that spurred a lot of random discussion from simple mods, maintenance, random pictures, and stories about our cars.

I will start off by mentioning I dropped off my car today for the ECM update that other users are reporting improved transmission response in regards to shifting.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
What update in particular that improves transmission response? Mine is '16 and feels right so far but i might have missed that update when i read some bulletins last week, hence the question. The only recent update I knew was also for the transmission to report a MIL code for certain issues.

Anyways, I left my Q50 parked in the garage today due to rain :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well final wash it by hand with my helper as it was a warm 45 Deg out LOL,

Mods are: Paddle shifters, Red stitched shift know and boot, red start button ring, ARK Grip, Stock sport trunk spoiler, CF rear window spoiler,Takeda intakes, ECUTECK Tune( Seb), and Tints. I have G37 Sport 19's being delivered on the first. Sturt tower bar and Stillen reat sway bar waiting for warm weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up my sport front bumper from a body shop. I’m doing doing a front end conversion from premium to sport. Now that’s it’s painted I have to wait till the rain passes so I can slam it on ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just purchased RS-R springs to lower my 18 RS400. Took it to the shop and they finally were able to give me a quote for up to $900. Seems rather high so I'm shopping around. If anyone is int he Portland, OR greater metro area please let me know if you know of a shop that is less expensive..

·
Registered
94 Posts
(1) After I had my Infiniti dealer install the Fast Intentions cat back exhaust, there has been a clunking noise coming from under my 2017 Q50 RS when driving over potholes and such. Today they remedied the problem by removing an OEM cross brace over the exhaust pipes. That brace doesn't seem to serve any particularly useful purpose anyways.

(2) I've also asked them to do an oil/filter change, since the car break-in period is well done now at 2,500 km. (I also had an initial engine oil change completed at 800 km, which was kind of conservative, but that's just me.;) From now on I will be having an oil/filter change every 5,000-6,000km, which obviously goes well beyond the Infiniti's recommendation.)

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Got a pic of mine at the shop for some work:laugh:

IMG_5147.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can finally get in on this thread!

First mods since I got it a couple of weeks back.

Tint (Carbon/Ceramic) - 15% back, 35% front
Interior LED Lighting (why a luxury performance car doesn't come with all around LED interior lighting is beyond me)
Gators license plate frame (best mod yet)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got mine back...bunch of paint work...motor work starts when AMS releases their intakes & downpipes (fingers crossed for late Q2/early Q3)

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are those sport 19s the rear 19x9s with the 30mm offset? Or do you have spacers?
Opps sorry forgot yo post that, the fronts are 19/8.5 +43 rears are 19*9 +45. I'm running
22 MM spacers all around

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my sport front bumper from a body shop. I’m doing doing a front end conversion from premium to sport. Now that’s it’s painted I have to wait till the rain passes so I can slam it on ?

Nice i ordered mine from outcast. how much did paint run you? any pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.5L and I changed everything that is on this page:

www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/infiniti-2017-q50-3.5l-vq35hr

I was looking for the oil capacity for my infiniti and that page came up with every fluid for my make and model so I just bought everything since it needed a full flush since the dealer wanted big time bucks!!! Will probably do myself or take to a shop which will still be cheaper. Going to flush other vehicles too in the household.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts