Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
5,202 Posts
I have a 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.5L and I changed everything that is on this page:

www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/infiniti-2017-q50-3.5l-vq35hr

I was looking for the oil capacity for my infiniti and that page came up with every fluid for my make and model so I just bought everything since it needed a full flush since the dealer wanted big time bucks!!! Will probably do myself or take to a shop which will still be cheaper. Going to flush other vehicles too in the household.
You have a hybrid?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,806 Posts
Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
59 Posts
Today installed an MBRP 3" exhaust from a Q60 in my Q50. As you can see the previous owner added some resonators. To be able to fit this on the Q50 the tail pipes needed to be extended and a local muffler shop took care of that. I picked this exhaust up for $400.00.

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Today installed an MBRP 3" exhaust from a Q60 in my Q50. As you can see the previous owner added some resonators. To be able to fit this on the Q50 the tail pipes needed to be extended and a local muffler shop took care of that. I picked this exhaust up for $400.00.

View attachment 98333

View attachment 98332
Nice. How does it sound?

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
59 Posts
Nice. How does it sound?
It's super quiet on startup and idle. A muffler delete is 3X louder. It starts getting loud around 2800 rpms.

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Do you have down pipes yet? If your stock that's why it's quite.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Right. My resonator-less Stillen CB was fine until I added cattless LDPs. Then awful drone @ 2k RPM.

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
59 Posts
Do you have down pipes yet? If your stock that's why it's quite.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I have HKS resonated lower downpipes.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,388 Posts
I have a "1CBBF-1D "Front left Shock absorber circut" error in the Chassis Control Module. So I dropped of my Q at my local shop to check the wiring on my RS-R DDS compatible coilover.

This is the shop that installed the coilovers. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

It's probably had this issue all along, since the CEL dash light doesn't go on with it. I only noticed it when fiddling with my TPMS issue using my EcuTec SW.

I am having them relearn or replace the TPMS on the rear passenger side. They did a relearn a month or so ago but it only lasted a few weeks.

Lastly, I am having them check the preload on my coilovers. I believe they initialy set them on the stiffest end of the spec (over compressed). I also want them to raise the car an inch as it's to low. It may have settled.

I'm not sure they can do it all in one day. If the preload needs to be changed on all 4 corners that is a lot of work. At least I got a loaner.

If that all gets sorted out I'll be a happy camper. I want my Q to be in tip top shape for the Facebook NEQ50/60 group "Cape Cruise" April 24th.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
59 Posts
It's super quiet on startup and idle. A muffler delete is 3X louder. It starts getting loud around 2800 rpms.
I figured quiet and loud are subjective. Here's how it sounds.

Cold Start

Revs

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,388 Posts
I picked up my Q today. The 1CBBF-1D code was due to low voltage. Probably when my battery died. They cleaned the connection and applied dielectric grease.

Raised my car 1". Now 1" lower than stock and as high as the RS-R coilovers will go.

TPMS problem is due to the front two being the same # so the car gets confused. I will get a new one installed in the front tomorrow or the next day.

Hopefully this fixes my issues long term. I can't believe how much 1" higher feels. Getting in and out is much easier now. I also can now fit my Quick Jacks under my car again. It was to low to get the urethane blocks in before. This will allow me to do tire swaps at home, and to switch brake pads.

My front left Coilover had the spring compressed to much. The other 3 were fine so they made the needed adjustment.

My plates expire the end of the month so I made an appointment to pay my fees and get my new plate sticker tomorrow.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts