Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love it, there's not a single thing I would change. Infiniti's new design language is amazing, i've been nothing but impressed first time I saw the future of Infiniti design on the Essence concept, finally we have a production model that resembles it!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
It looks nice. I find it's a bit more aggressive up front. The bulges on the fender add to its character and help complement the more aggressive and larger front grill.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the lower part looks like a Lexus in a way, sort of hard to make cars look completely different from the next these days, but Infiniti could have done better but it's still far better than the G37

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
the lower part looks like a Lexus in a way, sort of hard to make cars look completely different from the next these days, but Infiniti could have done better but it's still far better than the G37
At least they didn't attempt to put an Aston Martin style grille on it like everyone seems to be trying to do. I'm talking about you Ford Fusion and Toyota Avalon.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
At least they didn't attempt to put an Aston Martin style grille on it like everyone seems to be trying to do. I'm talking about you Ford Fusion and Toyota Avalon.
Well it stills works for the Fusion and the Avalon because there's no confusion that those cars aren't Aston Martins... :p

Look, there are similarities and design cues being shared across almost every car out there and I think there's nothing wrong with that. What is more important is that the car still manages to balance the design so that the car still looks and feels unique to the brand's design language, which I think the Q50 has done a really good job at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This car caught my attention two weeks ago and I'm loving the appearance, inside and out, with the features. Just as I got used to the edgy re-design by Infiniti about a decade ago, they softened their lines and it just turned me off. Not a fan of the current G37 at all. But this car is a complete 180 and now has me hooked!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good point. Infiniti keeping this design original and not making a full attempt at copying another car makers signature design features is good.

Even Hyundai and Kia are guilty of this. No one can look at the Infiniti Q50's design and say they copied a specific car maker spot on.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I just now noticed that they got rid of the signature combined segmented cluster-steering wheel. I really liked that feature as no other car had it and I think it helped improve ergonomics and visibility for the gauge/instrument cluster..

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Good point. Infiniti keeping this design original and not making a full attempt at copying another car makers signature design features is good.
I agree, but I don't think its a case of one car maker copying another. European law makers passed a law that car makers have to meet stricter regulations regarding pedestrian safety. In order to meet some of these regulations car makers had to redesign the front end of their cars to be more "pedestrian friendly" so to speak. Because of that a lot of cars are starting to look alike. There are only so many different designs that can be produced before they all start looking the same.

Here are a couple of good articles about it if anyone wants to read about the changes and what it may mean for car makers by 2015.
The Truth About Europe's Pedestrian Safety Legislation | The Truth About Cars
Will Pedestrian-Safety Laws Kill the Beautiful Car? | Autopia | Wired.com

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Okay but cfrp does have a bit of a point. I'd bet there are not that many incidents where the car has struck a pedestrian as a result of the driver not driving responsibly compared to pedestrians not following traffic laws related to them. So, can't we focus on educating people on how and when to cross the street, the use of sidewalks, and the part of the laws of physics that dictates that the heaviest human is always going to come second best in a wrestling match with the lightest car. Smart-for-Two > Sumo Wrestler any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Okay but cfrp does have a bit of a point. I'd bet there are not that many incidents where the car has struck a pedestrian as a result of the driver not driving responsibly compared to pedestrians not following traffic laws related to them. So, can't we focus on educating people on how and when to cross the street, the use of sidewalks, and the part of the laws of physics that dictates that the heaviest human is always going to come second best in a wrestling match with the lightest car. Smart-for-Two > Sumo Wrestler any day of the week.
You can't fix stupid.. :p

I'm so sick of people jaywalking (at a LEISURELY pace) across a busy street onto oncoming traffic. They don't even look in the direction of the traffic like a normal person, but instead, they take their time as if they know that all the cars can see them. That right there, you can't fix. Some people are always going to play dumb and make stupid decisions because they think that as a pedestrian, everyone is paying attention to you, and they're not. [/rant]

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'm all for making cars safer for killing pedestrians but I dont think it should be a law. It should be a standard. Those of us who want to purchase cars that follow the standard can. And those of us who don't want to don't have to... Because to be honest.. In order to meet the specifications. It really limits the way a car can be designed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looking at the design of the 2014 Infiniti Q50 in this picture thread, what do think about it and Infiniti's new design language?
Not a fan of the rear tail lights extending out of the body. I've noticed this in a few videos and it is bothering me. I need to see it in person. If anyone has seen it in oerson is it is as noticeable as the Altima?

The rear doesn't seem sporty enough. :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exterior feature options

I was told by the person doing the Infiniti Q50 training that there will be an appearance package. This includes a blacked out grill and a spoiler lip on the trunk. This is something that can be added on after delivery. Has anyone else heard about this as an option?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Yes! If you look the car up on Truecar.com it lists an Appearance Package for $860.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Confirming what Infiniti Chick said, this has been in leaked documents for months. You can also get the sport appearance package which gives you the 19's, a sport front bumper, black grille and rear spoiler. It's not cheap but it sharpens up the normal model without the full sport package price tag.

The appearance package is a dealer/port option but I'm not sure about the sport appearance package. Seems like the dealer wouldn't want painted bumper covers laying around the shop after swapping them unless they just put them back into stock and wait til someone with a matching car wrecks. ;)

Also about all the pedestrian safety stuff, evidently people in Europe are famous for walking into cars on a daily basis. They basically ruined it for everyone since "world" models have to conform to their safety standards because people can't cross the street without staring at iPods or whatever the heck they do. If you can't make smarter people, you have to make smarter cars I guess is the lesson here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also about all the pedestrian safety stuff, evidently people in Europe are famous for walking into cars on a daily basis. They basically ruined it for everyone since "world" models have to conform to their safety standards because people can't cross the street without staring at iPods or whatever the heck they do. If you can't make smarter people, you have to make smarter cars I guess is the lesson here.
Maybe they could take a cue from the railroads from a bygone era and put cowcatchers on the front. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts