Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,
What product have you found to be best to clean your leatherette seats ?

I did not get the leather seats. Do all leather cleaners work as well on leatherette ? I believe the leatherette is vinyl, so has anyone used 303 aerospace too which works great on the dash.

And do you use a conditioner too ? Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea someone here recommended 303 aerospace! Forgot the username! I have the leather seats and use Zaino Z10 and love the smell of it! Gave a bottle for the wifeys camry as well which has leatherette but havent found any significant problems or advantages from using the zaino z10 on it!

·
Registered
236 Posts
i'm using the pinnacle leather cleaner/conditioner...its pretty good smells great and it dries pretty quick!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was wondering the same thing! I have some Meguiars products, but not sure how it works on leatherette.

Does pinnacle overpower the "new car" smell?
Yes is does...no more "new car" smell...just a nice citrus pinnacle smell

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure how I feel about that ... First new car so I am really enjoying the "new car" smell, but taking care of your car is first priority!
I understand that but I think the pinnacle stuff smells way better than the "new car" smell...IMO

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not sure how I feel about that ... First new car so I am really enjoying the "new car" smell, but taking care of your car is first priority!
Its fine with me since the new car smell is long long gone and have been filled with farts! Sad part is its not from me too! .....<<_..... _>> its the wifey....Hahahaha! :crying:

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
its fine with me since the new car smell is long long gone and have been filled with farts! Sad part is its not from me too! .....<<_..... _>> its the wifey....hahahaha! :crying:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Reactions: cvipgo and gbert15

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the leatherette seats and I've been using Vinylex and it works great. It cleans AND protects all plastic, vinyl, and rubber. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with leatherette interior.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Found the product, and people have been giving it awesome reviews. Just curious, what color are your leatherette seats?

Mine are black. Yeah the Vinylex works great. I would highly recommend it for any leatherette interior.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Griot's Garage. Hands down the best. Especially for perforated leather the little holes don't get clogged up and dry with funny colors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks man. I'm going to have it give it a try. You use it on the dash as well?

Nah I use regular Armorall for the dash, but considering that Vinylex is for all plastic, rubber, and vinyl I guess you could use it on the dash if you wanted to.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nah I use regular Armorall for the dash, but considering that Vinylex is for all plastic, rubber, and vinyl I guess you could use it on the dash if you wanted to.
An important thing to remember about Armorall is that when you start using it you can never stop. Let me explain why. Plastics use plasticizers to remain flexible and supple. The inventor of Armorall thought it was a great idea to sell them in a bottle. An old plastic would have the plasticizers leeched out or dried up, making it an ideal candidate. Armorall really does permeate the plastic and make it supple. In the process of doing so it displaces the original plasticizer, which was developed to be a long term solution.

If you stop using Armorall it will leech out at a faster rate than the original one would. It should not be applied to a new car. However cars that have sustained damage can be renewed by Armorall. Continued use is the only way to preserve the suppleness of the plastic. Armorall is also capable of softening certain plastics that were meant to be rigid.

To be fair not all plastics are the same. Armorall does not have the same effect on all types of plastic. But those plastics typically used for seats and dashes that are intended to be flexible, are the most affected.

Personally I just damp rag the dash for the first few years. But I park in a garage, and use a sunshade. If you do not, then something with a UV blocker may be a better solution.

Armorall is a fantastic product when used appropriately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All of the products mentioned have one thing in common, they are for leather. Vinyl is plastic. I have used a gentle soap and a clean cloth (the cloth only has to be damp). While this method does not give it a "fresh" smell, it does clean the interior and is less expensive.

Just my 2 cents...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.