Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I asked what you did like about the Q50. So it's only fair to ask, what do you not like?

Is there something you want changed or improved? Anything the competition does better?

·
Registered
407 Posts
The interior design can be better, I love what Lexus did to the new Lexus IS and want Infiniti to create interior as good as that.

The Q50 interior still looks good, seems to have traditional infiniti styling with some new things going on, which is good but with a new model like this they had the chance to do something completely new, they didn't.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
This is probably pointed more towards the industry but Infiniti is also following the trend. I'm not really liking the over-reliance on touchscreen for a lot of the inputs. I really liked the quality and configuration of the knobs and buttons Infiniti did before.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
This is more of an industry thing as well. I just don't like how some manufacturers will offer one thing in one market and not in another. I can understand it but its annoying to me. For instance, the G37 in the Euro market has power folding mirrors (standard) and head light washers, neither of which we have, but at the same time the NA market gets cruise control and ipod interface and the Euro market does not (or so I've been told). I know some of it has to do with safety requirements which is probably why the NA market didn't get the head light washers, but I was really hoping to get a car with power folding mirrors since the lots I have to park in at school as well as work are very tight. Its a minor thing to gripe about but I would prefer consistency across the board. The same could be said for the turbo diesel that Infiniti is putting the the Q50 that as of now the NA market is not getting.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Not exactly a hundred percent sure but in Europe it seems as though need some other things more than we do. I remember most cars had nozzles to shoot washer fluid on the headlights and rear bumper fog lights maybe its just the conditions that make it different.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
This is more of an industry thing as well. I just don't like how some manufacturers will offer one thing in one market and not in another. I can understand it but its annoying to me. For instance, the G37 in the Euro market has power folding mirrors (standard) and head light washers, neither of which we have, but at the same time the NA market gets cruise control and ipod interface and the Euro market does not (or so I've been told). I know some of it has to do with safety requirements which is probably why the NA market didn't get the head light washers, but I was really hoping to get a car with power folding mirrors since the lots I have to park in at school as well as work are very tight. Its a minor thing to gripe about but I would prefer consistency across the board. The same could be said for the turbo diesel that Infiniti is putting the the Q50 that as of now the NA market is not getting.

I am a little bummed about the Q50 not having power folding mirrors, because of my parking situation at work, but guess I will get over it?

By chance, are there any aftermarket products that turn the mirrors into power folding, but use the same mirrors that are on the car?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I also meant to add to my post that I am upset with Nissan/Infiniti for the fact that the Maxima has more features and options than the G has. to list a few... Panoramic roof, ventilated seats, LED turn signals, heated steering wheel, auto tilt down exterior mirrors in reverse, auto dimming exterior mirrors. Honestly if the Maxima didn't have the CVT I would have gotten it over the G.

Not exactly a hundred percent sure but in Europe it seems as though need some other things more than we do. I remember most cars had nozzles to shoot washer fluid on the headlights and rear bumper fog lights maybe its just the conditions that make it different.
Yeah in Europe it makes more sense to have the power folding mirrors because their roads are a lot smaller, as well as their cars. You wont see any of them driving a Tahoe or even a Suburban around, so they don't really need larger road ways. Plus a lot of their road ways were first plotted out for walking or for horse and buggies, which are a lot smaller than today's cars.

I am a little bummed about the Q50 not having power folding mirrors, because of my parking situation at work, but guess I will get over it?

By chance, are there any aftermarket products that turn the mirrors into power folding, but use the same mirrors that are on the car?
If I end up keeping my G I plan on importing a pair of mirrors from Europe that already have the mechanism in them. Unfortunately I have spent the better part of a day looking everywhere on the internet to see if I can find them from someone, and I think what I am going to have to do is find a Infiniti dealership over there and email them and see if they would be willing to ship me parts. Its going to cost a good chunk of change, but if I do it then I plan on keeping my G until it dies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe it is the law in Europe that HID equipped vehicles must have auto-leveling to prevent blinding oncoming drivers, and headlight washers to prevent glare from light defraction when dirt and grime build up on the lense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am curious on the features on the Q70 or what the IPL Q50 will offer. I am all about HP and Torque in a luxury/sport vehicle. I am also about the small things such as the folding mirrors, signal in the side mirrors or heated steering wheel. I also like the 360 bird eye view in the QX56.

Do you know if VW top of the line has more features than the Audi A4 or the top of the line Honda has more features than the Acura?

Hopefully the new CEO of Infiniti will set the bar high and move Infiniti sales up the chart from our current position to the top 3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am curious on the features on the Q70 or what the IPL Q50 will offer. I am all about HP and Torque in a luxury/sport vehicle. I am also about the small things such as the folding mirrors, signal in the side mirrors or heated steering wheel. I also like the 360 bird eye view in the QX56.

Do you know if VW top of the line has more features than the Audi A4 or the top of the line Honda has more features than the Acura?

Hopefully the new CEO of Infiniti will set the bar high and move Infiniti sales up the chart from our current position to the top 3.
I had been looking at the new Accord. In general, they don't have more features than Acura, but currently the top of the line 2013 Accord is more feature filled than the 2013 TL simply because the TL is due for a redesign for MY2014. Not sure about Nissan vs Infiniti as I'm new to the carmaker, but as nice as they made the new Accord, even sitting in the current TL exudes a much more premium experience. As much as I don't like the now-dated tech features of the TL and I'm not crazy about the external design, I quite enjoyed the feel of sitting in the cabin and absolutely loved the way it drove.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Disappointed by old engine, hybrid is nice addition but not for everyone.
Limited choice of colors is also strange.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I don't understand why everyone is so upset with the 3.7 carrying on into the Q50. I love the 3.7, its reliable, sounds great, and easy to maintain. If I had to gripe about something it would be the fuel economy, but thats probably because I enjoy spirited driving and allowing the engine to get above 3k rpm. I really like the 3.7, so I don't understand what all the gripe is about. Infiniti will most likely come out with a new engine in a couple of years for the American market. They did the same thing with the 3.5 in the redesign of the G35 -> G37.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Everyone wants a shiny new direct injection V-6 rather than a proven power plant that does get good gas mileage for the power that it puts out.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Everyone wants a shiny new direct injection V-6 rather than a proven power plant that does get good gas mileage for the power that it puts out.
Yeah, some car makers can put out new engine plants with a complete redesign of a car. Personally I applaud Infiniti for taking their time and doing one thing at a time. Some manufacturers can pull off a complete overhaul with a redesign and a completely new engine, some cannot. Of course with all of that said Infiniti is coming out with new engines, they're just currently not available for the NA market. If I were Infiniti and I were going to try to unveil a new engine with the Q50 I would have just taken the 3.7 and just tweeked it to make it direct injection in order to get some more mpg and hp.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
^Very true! That engine platform has had some issues since its debut if we look back but as it progressed every time there were improvements. they werent big but the slightest each time making it closer to perfection. There is nothing wrong with it and if they could make even more adjustments for it to be more efficient and powerful I say go for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. While 17" wheels as standard is comparable to other cars in this price range, they are not a good fit cosmetically for this car. Really needs at 18s at minimum.

2. Run flat tires and no spare is going to be a problem. I'm in an area that gets pounded by snow, often hitting the roads before they're plowed. Having had truck-based SUVs and trucks in past I went to winter tires and wheels on our G37x to help out. Running the snows a couple months out of the year also eliminated the need to send the cars back with new tires at lease end as the standard Goodyears we have been hard pressed to get 36k miles out of it. So they paid for themselves. Anyway- if I put non-run flat winter tires on car I'll have to keep a spare floating around in the trunk now. Not too classy for $40k+ car. Yeah I know that's the way everything is going now.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Thats how they get you. Even Infiniti knows the standard 17s are too small - that is why they offer 18s as an option. To get you to pay more :)

I'm not a huge flan of run flats. I'm probably going to swap them out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts