Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 3.0t Q50!! I have on Remark Muffler delete right now on the car and I just bought Megan Racing Y Pipes and I’m just wondering what Downpipes will go better. also anyone know how to make 3.0t louder? I love 3.7 sound with test pipes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
AMS 3" lower downpipes or even full catless. It also depends on how "loud" you want to get. It definitely won't get the same note as a 3.7, but yes you can get much louder. Just 3" straight pipe the from the downpipes back and you will have went full volume. hah

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also I think you meant to post this in the 3.0t performance > engine and technical discussion...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I think you meant to post this in the 3.0t performance > engine and technical discussion...
Ohhh yeahh I’m like all new to this so I don’t know where to post or anything like that but definitely thank you for answering the question. also you straight straight pipes that mean I don’t need the Megan Y Pipes and mid pipes just go with a single straight pipes after the 3” Lower DP ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can go to an exhaust shop and they can fabricate a 3" custom pipe set up for you. Yes, you don't need the Y-pipe if you go this route. Something like this...
(I know the video is a 3.7, but don't mind that, the process would still be the same)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,663 Posts
So I have the 3.0t Q50!! I have on Remark Muffler delete right now on the car and I just bought Megan Racing Y Pipes and I’m just wondering what Downpipes will go better. also anyone know how to make 3.0t louder? I love 3.7 sound with test pipes.
Any aftermarket catless Lower Down Pipes will do so MR LDPs - which are the cheapest - are fine. If you want your car louder, get a full catback. No need to tinker with sections of the CB (Y-Pipe, axle back/muffler delete), just replace the whole thing from LDPs back with 2.5" to 3". Good luck, enjoy.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Isn’t the whole cabin gonna smell like gas going full catless downpipes?
Lol why would it do that? You still have full exhaust with a muffler exiting the back of the car?

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
I took stock muffler off and running on a Remark Muffler deleted rn. and Megan Racing Y pipes with stock Mid pipe
Now there's a Frankenstein exhaust!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts