Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent seen a post like this here but I was curious. What else do you guys drive when not in your Q50/Q60. I drive my Q50 on my days off, have a 2008 Acura tsx for my long work commute to downtown L.A. (currently at 250k and no major problems!) Also just bought a 2017 Honda pilot awd for the family car.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
G37 Coupe is my DD, although my other garage space currently has my roommates 07 GTI... Which I'm still trying to convince him is something he should get tuned.
Prior to that it was a 72 Trans-Am that another friend had as a project car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Until last week it was an 05 G35 coupe with 161k on the dash. I am Still debating getting a Nissan Leaf as a daily...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Q50 is the wife's car. It's the first brand new car we've ever bought, and the first car she's paid for all by herself.

I drive a loaded '15 Z71 Silverado 3500 D-max every day (literally, it's my job to drive it all day). It's a crew cab short bed with a gooseneck hitch, Fisher XLS and a wireless DownEaster, currently has 120K on the clock and it works it's balls off.

The Chevy replaced my baby, because it got too old for our bonding company to let me keep using it for work. It's a '98 Ram 2500 12V that is completely stupid. Balanced motor, bored, custom pistons, custom cam, built head, benched pump, compound turbos, built trans, 583K on it and runs like a raped ape... I should probably try to sell it and take my loss.

I also have an '05 Ninja ZX10R, and she has a '12 CBR1000RR. Oh! And a 52" Hustler Raptor zero-turn mower, which is faster than you might expect...

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Until last week it was an 05 G35 coupe with 161k on the dash. I am Still debating getting a Nissan Leaf as a daily...
I tried to get the wife interested in a Nissan Leaf. It would fit her mission perfectly but she said there is no way she would give up her '12 SLK 350 Merc. I can't blame her. I like to take it for a spin occasionally in the summer.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Q50 is my DD

Then I have my 93 240sx that hasnt moved from the garage in 3 years. Need to fix the brake lines

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Aye me as well especially if they release that Nismo edition with the larger battery, gas is $6.57 gallon for 91 at the moment so really considering turning the
G37 into a weekend Toy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Q50S is my DD.
I'm coming from a Scion TC, which I still have, but will be gone shortly.
I miss the manual transmission, the mileage and the smaller/lighter toss-ability but otherwise, I was long overdue for a "grown up" car.

Wife's ride is a '17 RAV4 SE AWD. The SE is the "sport" trim level. It has 18's, paddle shifters and more locked down suspension. I actually find it fun to drive.

The "backup car" is my daughter's '09 Civic that normally sits covered in the driveway while she lives in the big city.

3 season fun and occasional commuting: '15 Kawasaki Versys 1000 and '03 Aprilia Futura RST1000.

If you open up the list to "project cars you've once driven but haven't moved in a while...":
'87 Porsche 944S
'92 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2WD getting the pro-touring treatment

·
Registered
181 Posts
17 Tahoe

04 mustang mach 1, built motor, ported heads, 2 NX kits, etc

93 mustang, coyote swap

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
561 Posts
1. 2016 Q50s Hybrid
2. 2006 Mustang GT Conv. with Roush m90
3. 1989 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 ("Milano"), in restoration
4. 2017 FIAT 500
5. 2019 HD Breakout 114 (predecessor: 1999 MG California Jackal)
...and a [email protected] 320 trailer towed by the FIAT. :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
gas is $6.57 gallon for 91 at the moment
Holy crap! I bought my Ninja for commuting back when putting 91 in my old Fox Mustang hit $5/gal a little over a decade ago, it's back down around $3 right now. I knew it was rough in Cali, but sheesh!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just bought my son a super low mile 2001 XJ. Wife drive the Lincoln but I've been known to take either instead of my Q50 when running around.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Holy crap! I bought my Ninja for commuting back when putting 91 in my old Fox Mustang hit $5/gal a little over a decade ago, it's back down around $3 right now. I knew it was rough in Cali, but sheesh!
From Alberta, Canada actually but yeah Cali is pretty compare price wise to most of Canada, pretty much end up paying what amounts to $50-$60 a week in gas commute is
about 30 Miles/day. Hence the allure of an EV, my garage is also already wired up for a 240V outlet I made sure of that when I had it built. Good re-sale feature and its
handy if you own a compressor and other larger tools.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My DD is the Q50. I bought my wife a 2014 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate as our family car (3 kids, all girls, someone pray for me). I have a 95 Chevy K1500 as my obligatory pickup for dump runs or pulling trailered toys.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I DD my Honda Accord!

This car has got the be the most reliable car I've ever had since high school!

Reactions: jodedor and rpiotro

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I have a Bugeye:

My wife drives this sometimes:

She also has a new QX50

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I DD my Honda Accord!

This car has got the be the most reliable car I've ever had since high school!
No surprise. I have owned four Hondas. Three Accords and one Civic. They made up four of the top five most trouble free vehicles I have ever owned.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts