Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

What else do you drive?

8K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  Kizzle2 
#1 ·
I havent seen a post like this here but I was curious. What else do you guys drive when not in your Q50/Q60. I drive my Q50 on my days off, have a 2008 Acura tsx for my long work commute to downtown L.A. (currently at 250k and no major problems!) Also just bought a 2017 Honda pilot awd for the family car.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
G37 Coupe is my DD, although my other garage space currently has my roommates 07 GTI... Which I'm still trying to convince him is something he should get tuned.
Prior to that it was a 72 Trans-Am that another friend had as a project car.

#6 ·
I tried to get the wife interested in a Nissan Leaf. It would fit her mission perfectly but she said there is no way she would give up her '12 SLK 350 Merc. I can't blame her. I like to take it for a spin occasionally in the summer.

#5 ·
Q50 is the wife's car. It's the first brand new car we've ever bought, and the first car she's paid for all by herself.

I drive a loaded '15 Z71 Silverado 3500 D-max every day (literally, it's my job to drive it all day). It's a crew cab short bed with a gooseneck hitch, Fisher XLS and a wireless DownEaster, currently has 120K on the clock and it works it's balls off.

The Chevy replaced my baby, because it got too old for our bonding company to let me keep using it for work. It's a '98 Ram 2500 12V that is completely stupid. Balanced motor, bored, custom pistons, custom cam, built head, benched pump, compound turbos, built trans, 583K on it and runs like a raped ape... I should probably try to sell it and take my loss.

I also have an '05 Ninja ZX10R, and she has a '12 CBR1000RR. Oh! And a 52" Hustler Raptor zero-turn mower, which is faster than you might expect...

#7 ·
Q50 is my DD

Then I have my 93 240sx that hasnt moved from the garage in 3 years. Need to fix the brake lines

#9 ·
The Q50S is my DD.
I'm coming from a Scion TC, which I still have, but will be gone shortly.
I miss the manual transmission, the mileage and the smaller/lighter toss-ability but otherwise, I was long overdue for a "grown up" car.

Wife's ride is a '17 RAV4 SE AWD. The SE is the "sport" trim level. It has 18's, paddle shifters and more locked down suspension. I actually find it fun to drive.

The "backup car" is my daughter's '09 Civic that normally sits covered in the driveway while she lives in the big city.

3 season fun and occasional commuting: '15 Kawasaki Versys 1000 and '03 Aprilia Futura RST1000.

If you open up the list to "project cars you've once driven but haven't moved in a while...":
'87 Porsche 944S
'92 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2WD getting the pro-touring treatment

#11 ·
1. 2016 Q50s Hybrid
2. 2006 Mustang GT Conv. with Roush m90
3. 1989 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 ("Milano"), in restoration
4. 2017 FIAT 500
5. 2019 HD Breakout 114 (predecessor: 1999 MG California Jackal)
...and a T@B 320 trailer towed by the FIAT. :D

#13 · (Edited)
Just bought my son a super low mile 2001 XJ. Wife drive the Lincoln but I've been known to take either instead of my Q50 when running around.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I DD my Honda Accord!

This car has got the be the most reliable car I've ever had since high school!
No surprise. I have owned four Hondas. Three Accords and one Civic. They made up four of the top five most trouble free vehicles I have ever owned.

#18 ·
I have a Bugeye:

My wife drives this sometimes:

She also has a new QX50

Attachments

#26 ·
I feel your pain. I just had a QX80 for a loaner for a day. The trip computer says I averaged 15.2 MPG. Yikes!

#30 ·
My wife's Escape gets driven if I/we have to venture somewhere with limited parking choices or other circumstances that might put the Q at risk for damage. Or if the puppy needs to get ferried somewhere as it is the vehicle with the booster seat.

Attachments

Reactions: q50adix
#31 · (Edited)
Hey Pill love the red, and the handsome doggy, my Wife has a Kia Forte, when I drive it I will push it, and Wife said I didn't know it could go that fast.

Attachments

#34 ·
My wife's 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L, NAV/Res. That car is by far and away the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Modern weapons cannot take down the silver tank!

#35 ·
I used to call our minivan the True Urban Assault Vehicle. It had plenty of power and the turn signals were simply a warning indicator that the van was about to overtake you. 12yrs she drove that beast.

#38 ·
2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel (B59) with Smarty Programmer, Dynatrack lock out hubs, Eaton front E-locker, SnowWay 9' plow, and Gear Vendors secondary transmission (overdrive.. drops RPM by 600 in 6th over..IIRC). You can split gears; 4th, 5th, & 6th. CAI intake & SS 4" cat back streight exhaust. (Muffler delete). Additionaly a Warren universal receiver mounted (mount when needed) winch.
Owned since new.

Reactions: jodedor
#41 ·
I drive 2018 Q50S AWD as my daily driver and my wife has 2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech. When my lease is up on Q50 in 2.5 years, I will most likely switch to my wife's TL and continue driving it until the wheels fall off. My wife really like the new RDX, but after having it as a loaner for few days the infotainment didn't impress me. She is also warming up to the new Volvo V60 (wagon) so we might be cross shopping the RDX with V60 in 2-3 years.

#43 ·
My wife's daily driver is the 2018 Q50S. Mine is a 2004 Mustang Mach-1. Daily driver since 2005. Full UPR suspension, Vogtland lowering springs, fully adjustable Tokico struts and shocks, drilled and slotted rotors, carbon ceramic pads, custom intake spacer, modifided C&L cold air kit , x-pipe and custom SCT dyno tune. Waiting on a new owner, or for me to splurge on a Pro Charger.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

The Q50S replaced the BMW M-Sport .We added the BMW Factory sport ECM tune and M Stainless exhaust..it woke it up big time.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Bumper

#49 ·
My wife's daily driver is the 2018 Q50S. Mine is a 2004 Mustang Mach-1. Daily driver since 2005. Full UPR suspension, Vogtland lowering springs, fully adjustable Tokico struts and shocks, drilled and slotted rotors, carbon ceramic pads, custom intake spacer, modifided C&L cold air kit , x-pipe and custom SCT dyno tune. Waiting on a new owner, or for me to splurge on a Pro Charger.
Have you had a chance to try out the S550 (2018+ models)
I been itching to drive one, a colleague of mine has a 2018 GT and the car has came a long way....i can go on about the recaros and brembos and coyote, but man I love that LCD screen as the speedometer

#44 ·
"What else do you drive?"

Stick it in your sig, and question answered. ;)

(Although, I don't have the 2005 family Odyssey in my sig. With the License plate frame "World's Best Mom" :p)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.