Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently just got a 2015 Q50 3.7 awd, and i'm new to modding but wanted a good answer and that's why i came to this forum.. What should be the first mod that I get for my Q50? Should it be a tune? Thanks for any help !
 

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
Joined
·
762 Posts
nitrous
I'd add a CBE, they sound great on the 3.7s, it depends on what your goals are though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nitrous
I'd add a CBE, they sound great on the 3.7s, it depends on what your goals are though
Pretty much performance like improved 0-60, 0-100 times. I know it’s not going to be crazy gains but i’d like to get the 0-60 in the 4’s if I can without spending more than $3000
 

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
Joined
·
762 Posts
Good tires can make a big difference as well
 

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
Joined
·
1,761 Posts
Pretty much performance like improved 0-60, 0-100 times. I know it’s not going to be crazy gains but i’d like to get the 0-60 in the 4’s if I can without spending more than $3000
Can you diy or paying labor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts
Intakes, catback exhaust, high flow cats, headers, GT-R intake plenum, tune. In that order. Unless 3 grand is all you’ve got. In which case intakes and catback exhaust. You’ll be cashed out after that.
 

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
Joined
·
1,761 Posts
Gtr intake manifold conversion is way too expensive for such little gains especially NA, and especially compared to ported upper-lower manifold.

Long tube header is single best mod,
Then Z1 header + catless down pipes 2nd best
Catless DP alone are pretty good by themselves as well.
Then intake
Then tune
CBE only if in budget as it’s worst bang for buck as for performance, especially NA.

LTH, intake, and tune if you DIY install is about 3k, might have enough for a ported manifold even.

LTH, intake, + tune good for about 50whp or about 325whp. Then CBE, ported upper/lower manifold and E85 for about 345whp.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
190 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
For the 3.7l, there are limited gains to be had without adding boost/spray, with a steep cut-off after 340whp. The go-to budget performance build is HFC/Test pipe, CBE, and a tune to get ~330-340whp. Anything else will only add single digits.
 

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
Joined
·
1,761 Posts
Highflow cat DP about 9whp
Catless DP nets about 12whp
Catless DP + z1/dc style header about 16whp
Longtube about 20whp
Good catback about 5whp
Drop in filter + tubes about 3-5whp
CAI about 5-8whp
Ported Upper/lower about 5-8whp
E85 about 5-8whp
Tune depending on mods upwards of about 20-25whp.

Assuming a 275whp baseline
330-340whp is about the limits of FBO + tune on pump. A little more on E.
Catless DP + tune nets about 60% of max NA bolt on potential but at a fraction of the cost compared to squeezing out that remaining 40%.

However ISR longtube headers are great quality and really not all that much more compared to test pipes. But a pain to install comparatively.
Drop in filters + tubes are very cheap, even CAI pretty cheap and easy install as well.
Y pipe is the main place to pickup gains on the catback can just do that to keep cost down, as CBE probably worst bang for buck, primarily just for sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
Hello, I recently just got a 2015 Q50 3.7 awd, and i'm new to modding but wanted a good answer and that's why i came to this forum.. What should be the first mod that I get for my Q50? Should it be a tune? Thanks for any help !
a warranty that covers transmission failure. then, everything 17awdQ50P said.
 

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
Joined
·
1,761 Posts
a warranty that covers transmission failure. then, everything 17awdQ50P said.
Or just buy my 45k mile 14’ complete AWD trans w/ xfer case for dirt cheap. :LOL:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts
Of course, if you want to put down serious power, start saving up for a centrifugal supercharger.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top