Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my question:What happens when both Fob are in the Q50?

Lets say you and your wife have their FOBs in Q50, What happens then?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Here's my question:What happens when both Fob are in the Q50?

Lets say you and your wife have their FOBs in Q50, What happens then?
Each i-Key has to be 'registered' to the InTouch system if they are to be used to create diff profiles. The system will load the customizable presets of the driver selected upon startup (apparently it gives you a prompt):
The system will automatically recognize
the user upon turning on the vehicle, after
Setting up the user information. There will
be a personalized welcome guidance and a
prompt to log-in.

This feature allows 3 drivers to use their
own registration, drive mode,...and memorizes these custom settings.

A maximum of four Intelligent Keys can be
registered to store settings for three
profiled users and one guest. One user
setting information can be stored per key.
[Section 8-28] https://owners.infinitiusa.com/cont...n/2014/2014-infiniti-InTouch-owner-manual.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
The answer is "it depends".

It is a race to see which key it recognizes first. If you unlock with your key, it will most likely use yours. If you both walk up to the same side, and one of you unlocks from that side, it depends on which one it "saw" first. If the car is unlocked when you come up to it, it's sort of a crap-shoot as to which one it is going to recognize. But as stated above, you if you have welcome guidance turned on, you can select your user.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I guess I would never have this problem. I would never give my wife a fob :)

Just sayin' ;)
My wife doesn't have one. She's yet to sit in the driver's seat. She offered to back it out of the driveway last night to let a friend out. Her backing up is worse than her driving forward! I moved the car.

This is the best way to avoid FOB confusion! ;)

Reactions: Q602B

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I would never have this problem. I would never give my wife a fob :)

Just sayin' ;)
must have wife who knows that she's 2nd to ur car:p

My wife doesn't have one. She's yet to sit in the driver's seat. She offered to back it out of the driveway last night to let a friend out. Her backing up is worse than her driving forward! I moved the car.

This is the best way to avoid FOB confusion! ;)
I would be homeless and I can't drink when we go out.... too much to sacrifice for a FOB or a car:p, she normal drives back if I have few extra drinks.;)

Reactions: Q602B

·
Registered
59 Posts
Luckily my wife has a great sense of humor, we named my car TheMistress when we were registering.

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I was told that I could set my key as Primary, so if we were both in the car it would use that one. Regardless, it is easy enough to switch to your profile if you are driving or to the wife's if she is driving, regardless of which key you are using, even if you are not using the Welcome Guidance enabled.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Luckily my wife has a great sense of humor, we named my car TheMistress when we were registering.

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I was told that I could set my key as Primary, so if we were both in the car it would use that one. Regardless, it is easy enough to switch to your profile if you are driving or to the wife's if she is driving, regardless of which key you are using, even if you are not using the Welcome Guidance enabled.
I agree, switching profiles ain't no biggie - for me the biggest issue in this scenario is the seat position. My wife is '5"1 vs. me at '6"4.... I hate having to hit the seat memory button b/c I don't get to enjoy the entry/exit feature.

·
Registered
396 Posts
.... I hate having to hit the seat memory button b/c I don't get to enjoy the entry/exit feature.
:D:D very true! The identical routine when my husband enters my Infiniti: Closing door - swearing/shaking head - pressing seat setting 2.. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.