Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 3 days with my Q50H Premium, I have to say there are a number of things that really impress me.

1. The interior is amazingly quiet with all of the windows up. The active noise cancellation is just excellent.
2. I have heard pluses and minuses prior to getting the vehicle on Bose sound systems, but I have to say I love the sound system in the Q50.
3. Active lane control was almost disturbing at first but I think we are going to be close friends.
4. Little things like the small LCD display between the gauges that gives you all kinds of information.
5. The operation of InTouch is really intuitive. Only got lost a couple times that first day.
6. Steering wheel controls are minimal but just what is needed. Compared to my wife's SC430 that has a ton of controls on and under the steering wheel, so many that she never uses the majority of them.
7. You have to be kidding me! I paired my iPhone and the entire phonebook automatically downloaded into the car.
8. Did I mention that great exhaust sound when you get on the hybrid? Brings a smile everytime you decide that MPG is not appropriate for this moment.
There's my list!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Now that's an awesome reaction!

Reactions: Q50Aggie

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should mention that my previous daily driving vehicle was a 1997 3/4 ton Chevy Suburban with a 7.4 liter V8 that includes the following driver electronics.
1. Radio
2. Cruise Control
3. Air Bags
4. ABS
I will still keep the Burb for the heavy and dirty stuff.

Reactions: ronshock

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I guess I should mention that my previous daily driving vehicle was a 1997 3/4 ton Chevy Suburban with a 7.4 liter V8 that includes the following driver electronics.
1. Radio
2. Cruise Control
3. Air Bags
4. ABS
I will still keep the Burb for the heavy and dirty stuff.
Before my Q50 Hybrid Sport, I drove a 2006 Nissan Titan. Also kept it for the heavy and dirty stuff :)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Speaking of that Aggie, other than the commanding view of your Titan, how are you adjusting to sedan life?
I love it. It kills me, though, that I can't drive this car how it wants to be driven. I really wish I could go through some safe twisty turns and curves at high speed in this car.

Since I bought the car, I've put 3,200 miles on the Q50, and 350 miles on the Titan... :)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
After only 3 days with my Q50H Premium, I have to say there are a number of things that really impress me.

1. The interior is amazingly quiet with all of the windows up. The active noise cancellation is just excellent.
2. I have heard pluses and minuses prior to getting the vehicle on Bose sound systems, but I have to say I love the sound system in the Q50.
3. Active lane control was almost disturbing at first but I think we are going to be close friends.
4. Little things like the small LCD display between the gauges that gives you all kinds of information.
5. The operation of InTouch is really intuitive. Only got lost a couple times that first day.
6. Steering wheel controls are minimal but just what is needed. Compared to my wife's SC430 that has a ton of controls on and under the steering wheel, so many that she never uses the majority of them.
7. You have to be kidding me! I paired my iPhone and the entire phonebook automatically downloaded into the car.
8. Did I mention that great exhaust sound when you get on the hybrid? Brings a smile everytime you decide that MPG is not appropriate for this moment.
There's my list!
Have to agree with everything except #5 and #7:

#5 - Actually, I haven't gotten lost, since I've avoided most of the stuff on the screen as much as possible(those "veterans" around here know what I mean). :D I've done just enough to make the car enjoyable.

#7 - Am not hooking up my phone, as I only use it for emergencies, and do not have any numbers saved.(Maybe that's why I've only had two freeze ups;))

Other than that, the car is great!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Polarized glass so don't need tinting��
So far I have not got to drive my Q50 H S AWD since I brought it from dealer as wife is taken it over and she loves it even if she needs to learn all the hybrid songs and sounds.
May be soon.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
About the interior being so quite, what else did Infiniti do to make it quite? Do our cars come with an acoustic windshield?
Noise cancelling system. Plus sound deadening materials and good insulation.

Reactions: Doyle

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love it. It kills me, though, that I can't drive this car how it wants to be driven. I really wish I could go through some safe twisty turns and curves at high speed in this car.

Since I bought the car, I've put 3,200 miles on the Q50, and 350 miles on the Titan... :)
Take it to Bandera! First, Google Twisted Sisters. (Highways 335, 336, & 337) You will see a ton of motorcycles and lots of nice cars tearing up the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
About the interior being so quite, what else did Infiniti do to make it quite? Do our cars come with an acoustic windshield?
I also noticed the hard plastic liner for the rear wheel wells was replaced with that trunk material, some kind of fiber. The M37 already had it. Keeps the gravel noise down I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I also noticed the hard plastic liner for the rear wheel wells was replaced with that trunk material, some kind of fiber. The M37 already had it. Keeps the gravel noise down I guess.
yes, I noticed this also that wheel wells have softer layered material when I was checking how do the splash guards installed.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Take it to Bandera! First, Google Twisted Sisters. (Highways 335, 336, & 337) You will see a ton of motorcycles and lots of nice cars tearing up the roads.
Small world! I own land in Bandera and Medina! I know all about the twisted sisters :) I will be taking my Q next time I head up there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.