Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the general manager told me that he was able to change my order, he asked me if I wanted the spoiler or the wheel package. I don't go into "bling," and I said "no." I am curious, however. According to the Infiniti site, the car comes standard with 17" alloy wheels. So what does the accessory package add, since they are also 17" wheels? $1600 is a lot of money to get "updated" wheels of the same size.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
When the general manager told me that he was able to change my order, he asked me if I wanted the spoiler or the wheel package. I don't go into "bling," and I said "no." I am curious, however. According to the Infiniti site, the car comes standard with 17" alloy wheels. So what does the accessory package add, since they are also 17" wheels? $1600 is a lot of money to get "updated" wheels of the same size.
My guess is that's a dealer-customized package that they're offering as an upsell because there is no advertised "spoiler" or "wheel package" being directly marketed by Infiniti from what I've researched. It sounds like each dealer is offering their own preorder deposit requirements & customizations, as the national sales rep I spoke to on Friday told me that I would have to go into my preferred dealer to finalize my custom Q50 package to my desire; in other words, even the standard packages they have on the official Infiniti microsite are not guaranteed to ship as preordered. To answer your question about the wheels, the upgraded wheel size is 19" triple 5-spoke aluminum-alloys (silver w/ painted accents).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheel accessory package is not a dealer option; also, there are two available, a 17" and a 19", both of which are listed as factory installed and port installed, and for the same price. I'm guessing that they can be added at the port if one doesn't get them from the factory. Still, what's the difference between the standard 17" wheels and the $1,600 option?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
The wheel accessory package is not a dealer option; also, there are two available, a 17" and a 19", both of which are listed as factory installed and port installed, and for the same price. I'm guessing that they can be added at the port if one doesn't get them from the factory. Still, what's the difference between the standard 17" wheels and the $1,600 option?

Ah, sorry guess I didn't fully understand what you were asking for. Check this out from Intellichoice... Looks like the Port-Installed Option (PIO)/factory-available 17" wheel option for $1,600 is for a "bright finish". The basic 17"ers will provide a standard alloy finish. (Same for the 19" wheels that come standard alloy w/ the Sport trim.) Hopefully this helps!
Src: http://www.intellichoice.com/1-12-2014-55360-3/2014-infiniti-q50-premium-4dr-sedan-packages.html
Text Blue Line Font Screenshot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.