Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been having a sputtering, hissing sound from underneath the passenger side of the car since it was new, and I finally got it on video. It is noticeable on the inside, too, as more of a high-pitched mechanical scraping sound.

Anyhow, here is a link to the video with the issue underneath:

IMG_0337.MOV - Video - VideoSprout

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try putting pressure at different points of the piping from the side with a sturdy stick while it's rattling and hopefully you could have a better idea where it's is actually coming from.

·
Registered
236 Posts
fuel pump?
That's right where the fuel pump is, and yours sounds way too loud, IMO. I've driven several Q50s over the past few years, and all exhibit a faint high frequency whine when in the car and HVAC, radio is off. This is the fuel pump noise, but nothing that loud outside of the car.

Note: a few recent Q50 owners had their fuel pumps fail and had to be towed. I'd get it checked out ASAP.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's right where the fuel pump is, and yours sounds way too loud, IMO. I've driven several Q50s over the past few years, and all exhibit a faint high frequency whine when in the car and HVAC, radio is off. This is the fuel pump noise, but nothing that loud outside of the car.

Note: a few recent Q50 owners had their fuel pumps fail and had to be towed. I'd get it checked out ASAP.

Also, if you lift up the bottom of your rear seat area (secured by pull clips underneath the seating area), you should be able to pinpoint it if it's the fuel pump.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Typical, when I brought it into the dealer last year they couldn't find any noises.

A while ago I did raise up the rear seat and man that thing was loud. Now I will have to force them to do fix this issue.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
As above said sounds like a fuel pump most likely due to location , but it could also be a leaky exhaust and some of the body panels could just be funneling the sound into that spot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any updates on this issue? I have noticed the same sound coming from the same exact spot on my 2015 Q50 Premium AWD (32,250 miles). I have had the car for about 6 months now and want to know if i should be concerned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on this issue? My 2014 3.7L just started having this issue & is keeping me awake at nights. Please someone help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts