Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what others here are looking at buying instead of the Q50.

Give reasons why you would choose that car over the Q50.

I am mind tossed between the IS350 over Q50. :confused:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Thats a tough question, there are a lot of great cars out there right now. Like I had mentioned in another thread I have a ton of cars I'm currently looking at.

The Q50H is on my list, but it hasn't won me over just yet.

The Cadillac ATS 3.6 is another one I am strongly considering, but the CUE is a huge turn off as of right now. It would be nice to have a car that doesn't cost a lot for parts, although Infiniti isn't as bad as Mercedes. BMW, or Audi.

I may trade my G in for a 2013 6mt sedan, but I'm afraid it may be considered dated in two years or so. I love my current G, but I kind of wish I had a proper manual and the redesigned face lift.

I'm also looking at a 2012 Audi S4, I'm not a huge fan of the headlight redesign, at least as of right now. Audi just seems more refined than Infiniti, although I can't speak for the Q50 since I haven't been able to sit in one yet.

And lastly I may try to find a M56S used. I have always loved the M.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I currently have a Fully loaded Maxima Lease that is due up in November but I will be hitting my miles soon. It is either the Q50 or the M37xS for me. I would really LOVE to be one of the first to get into a q50 hybrid sport lease BUT i belive that they will have GREAT lease programs on the M37x because they are changing the names so I am guessing that I will be able to get into a M37xs for about 500 - 550 a month with only fees down where I would guess the Q50 lease is going to be 600-650 with only fees down , I HOPE IT IS NOT THOUGH because I really want the Q50 hybrid AWD sport!! I will prob end up choosing with my wallet instead of my heart!!:)

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Im looking at the Mercedes C350 but i have never owned a german in my life. And hearing all the unreliable comments from others are worrying me a bit. Also the higher than average cost for maintenance. I might just have to play it safe and go with infinti since I've had positive feedback myself on the G37.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Im looking at the Mercedes C350 but i have never owned a german in my life. And hearing all the unreliable comments from others are worrying me a bit. Also the higher than average cost for maintenance. I might just have to play it safe and go with infinti since I've had positive feedback myself on the G37.

Dont get the C-Class.. My mother in law has one and I sild a few ond I belive that car is the worste car in that class.. I would rather a maxima or V6 accord over a C-Class...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm considering a ton of cars. Some a bit cheaper than the Q50 and some a bit more expensive.

-Cadillac ATS
-Lexus IS 350/GS 350
-Infiniti M37
-Hyundai Genesis 3.8/5.0 R-Spec
-Volvo S60 R-Design
-Buick Regal GS

to name the top ones..

My whole perspective is, this is a lot of money you're putting into a vehicle that you'll have to drive almost every day for several years. It's worth the time and effort to research, test drive, and look at your options.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The upcoming CLA by Mercedes has got me pretty interested. It's going to be interesting to see how they compare to each other.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The upcoming CLA by Mercedes has got me pretty interested. It's going to be interesting to see how they compare to each other.
They..really don't compare all that much unless you're considering the CLA AMG specifically.

The CLA is aiming a bit lower, targeting the smaller compact turbo FWD cars like the Verano..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am curious what others here are looking at buying instead of the Q50.

Give reasons why you would choose that car over the Q50.

I am mind tossed between the IS350 over Q50. :confused:
I'm just about in the same boat as you with the new generation IS slightly ahead of the Q50. I've had two previous IS and I really like the 2014 F Sport with yes the fugly grill as most would say :rolleyes: !?!?

Another one I'm considering has been the new MB CLA that will be released this Fall ........ though I'm not too thrilled about the reliability factor of the German cars :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Q50 will be a much bigger car than the IS. Its going to be a full 2" wider than the current G37 and the G is already bigger than the IS.

For me the size helps out. I have a 6month old and planning on a second but don't want to go to a huge sedan.

The Caddilac looks very nice and I know they have been improving a lot in the last couple of years. Haven't had the chance to drive one yet though.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The IS is noticeably smaller. Just go sit in a current IS350. It is cramped back there.

It is a good car if rear space isn't as big of an issue. It is a very reliable car (Toyota engine)

The only CLA I'd consider is the CLA 45 AMG and that is going to be $50k.

·
Registered
432 Posts
3 Series but once the options hit, it is SOOO EXPENSIVE.
C Class but the design is from 2008 and gets expensive.
A4 but I refuse to pay so much for a 2.0T out of other cheaper cars.

IS250/350 but I am on edge about styling and interior design. Pricey too...
Cadillac looks great inside and out but that CUE system drives me nuts.
Acura TL is too big and stale.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
The Alfa Romeo 4C has got me pretty excited. This is meant to compete with the Porsche Cayman in price and performance.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The 328i isn't as expensive as you'd think...They're pretty much on the same level as the Q50--in fact, I think the base 328i is cheaper than the Q50. A loaded 328i is probably only $2k higher than a loaded Q50.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
C Class but the design is from 2008 and gets expensive.
A4 but I refuse to pay so much for a 2.0T out of other cheaper cars.

IS250/350 but I am on edge about styling and interior design. Pricey too...
Cadillac looks great inside and out but that CUE system drives me nuts.
Acura TL is too big and stale.
You summed it up well. The 328i is cheap but no one wants the 328i :p It's all about the 335i.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The 328i isn't as expensive as you'd think...They're pretty much on the same level as the Q50--in fact, I think the base 328i is cheaper than the Q50. A loaded 328i is probably only $2k higher than a loaded Q50.
According to BMWUSA.com and the new Q50 build site...

BMW 328xi Base (not Sport Line) with non-metallic paint + leatherette is:
$39,745

Infiniti Q50 AWD Base is:
$38,250

You get so much more in the Q50 base too.
Once I configure a loaded 328xi, the price goes north of $55k easily. (I left a lot of options unchecked too)
The Q50 Sport AWD loaded is $52k. The Q50 Hybrid Sport AWD is still cheaper than the 328xi at $54k.

You summed it up well. The 328i is cheap but no one wants the 328i :p It's all about the 335i.
Realistically, the 328xi is just fine but I am a sucker for the 335xi. It is a rocket!

Well, that's the perception among younger drivers, but the last time I checked, 328i's outsell the 335i's like 10 to 1. :p
True, but that is because of the price. A loaded 335xi is about the price of a 5 Series already!

1 - 20 of 169 Posts