Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer stated these go in the front of the cars and they don't install them because they often get clipped off during parking. Since the Q50 has a camera to aid in parking (which i remember to use just about every time), my questions are:

1) What purpose do they serve? Improve mileage, underbody protection, reduce lift?
2) Does anyone have them installed on their Q50? If so, have they scraped them?
3) I am not so worried about parking maneuvers (where the front camera will help), but am concerned about scraping them on speed bumps or entering my angled drive way. How low do they sit?
4) They worth installing?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
My guess is that they serve a purpose (see post above) and the dealer either forgot to put them on or just didn't want to take the time to put the car on a lift to deliver it.

My thought - I would demand they be put on. If they break, you can always take them off.

They MAY help with road noise, reducing mileage, etc.

It's rare that a manufacturer would have an extraneous part added to the car of there wasn't a reason. Every component has a cost and they wouldn't have spec'd for them if they didn't feel they were necessary.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I found mine in my trunk and had no idea what they were for but am now bugged that they weren't installed before I took ownership!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Uh oh, maybe an extra step in the delivery process was missed?

I would think the car would need to go on a lift to install these right? If so, that would explain it. More time, cost and coordination headaches to deliver the car as it should be delivered.

If that's the case, it's just sad.

Sorry for all of you but thanks for posting so we can be on the lookout for this when/if we get our Q's!!

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agree with jkay.

I would be unhappy with a dealer that did not put these on. Lack of attention to detail.
To be fair, on the day I picked up my car, my sales lady specifically pointed them out and said they usually do not install them unless the owner specifically asks for it. They said they would be happy to install them at that time. I told them to hold off for now.

Thanks to cvipgo for pointing out the pertinent page in the owner's manual, I will have the dealer install them when I go to pick up my license plate.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
cvipgo was absolutely spot-on with his description. I have 800 miles on the clock with these safely installed and have had no problems whatsoever with them. I've been on highways and dirt roads, always in sport mode, and with an average 30+ mpg and these have not been troublesome. Have the dealership re-install them.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My guess is that they serve a purpose (see post above) and the dealer either forgot to put them on or just didn't want to take the time to put the car on a lift to deliver it.
agree with jkay.

I would be unhappy with a dealer that did not put these on. Lack of attention to detail.
Uh oh, maybe an extra step in the delivery process was missed?

I would think the car would need to go on a lift to install these right? If so, that would explain it. More time, cost and coordination headaches to deliver the car as it should be delivered.

If that's the case, it's just sad.

Sorry for all of you but thanks for posting so we can be on the lookout for this when/if we get our Q's!!
See - this is how speculation starts and runs rampant. I clearly stated in the original post that the dealer knew about it and where they are supposed to go. But folks took that and ran with the idea that the dealer is no incompetent, cheap and lazy.

You guys need to relax with the crazy assumptions that have no basis in reality. Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
See - this is how speculation starts and runs rampant. I clearly stated in the original post that the dealer knew about it and where they are supposed to go. But folks took that and ran with the idea that the dealer is no incompetent, cheap and lazy.

You guys need to relax with the crazy assumptions that have no basis in reality. Sheesh.
Glad you were given the option but it appears 2 others have them in their trunk and don't know what they are.

It's posts like these that will help people avoid the issue in the future. If you had stated you OPTED to not have them installed that would have been a different story but still useful nonetheless.

I know that I will have a phone conversation with my dealer to make sure they are installed before delivery so thanks for posting!!

It is sad that they aren't being installed as spec'd in everyone's car though. That IS worth noting.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I may be wrong about this. But, if those are what I think they are - they may affect aerodynamics. However, the main purpose is to deflect rocks and debris from getting into the brake calipers and messing things up. If you look at a G, JX, or other Infiniti, you should see them. Especially just in front of the rear wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
And I thought my dealer was the only one that forgot to put these on for me. Glad to see it most, if not all of us so far. I guess I'll be taking a trip to dealer to have them put it on while I b**** about the inTouch system to them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
And I thought my dealer was the only one that forgot to put these on for me. Glad to see it most, if not all of us so far. I guess I'll be taking a trip to dealer to have them put it on while I b**** about the inTouch system to them.
I was really pleased with my dealer from the beginning. More I hear about issues others are having, I'm realizing they were better than I thought.

Chantilly Infiniti in the Chantilly, VA auto park (off route 50). I found out during out test drive if you want to avoid the horrible traffic on Route 50, take Williard Road East (if you haven't done so already, stop for lunch/dinner at Williard's BBQ) to where it ends and take a right. The car park will be on your left just before you get to Route 50.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
'Supposed' to see my car tomorrow.

Glad for this thread. I was able to make sure that my salesperson spoke with the tech who does the PDI and told him to make sure to install these.

He was familiar with what they are and said they would be installed before delivery.

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not putting them on is a sign in my mind of a lazy dealership

Mine came with them installed

Both by S2000 and IS350 had them and I never had an issue with them other than minor scraping on angled driveways

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I went to purchase my Q50S hybrid today and I don't see these in the trunk. The car seem like it just got in and the guys are cleaning it up. Anyone got pics of the actual looks of the install? I wants to make sure mine got install and not got tossed away.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.