Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the George Floyd saga and it never ceases to amaze me how some left-wingnuts use tragedies like this as an excuse to riot in the streets. Portland has been a mecca for these idiots for a long time now. The Antifa movement in Portland is strong and any excuse to put on all-black clothing and masks seems to bring these lunatics out into the streets. Portland is under a nightly curfew now because of them. They took over a peaceful protest and turned it into an opportunity to vandalize businesses, steal merchandise, shoot people, burn the Multnomah County Justice Center police station with people inside and damage cars.

If you stand for something, is it necessary to disguise yourself and throw rocks and incendiary devices at police or innocent people for that matter? The original meaning of the protest is lost to the anarchists who don't give a twit about that. They just want to destroy things and hurt people and don't give a damn about ideology.

I fail to see how social injustice is solved by more social injustice. I guess I'm too old.

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,557 Posts
They had a curfew in Buffalo last night also. Things were getting out of control.

Reactions: Dr69er

·
Registered
210 Posts
NO, your not to old !...Just too rational !

From what I have seen so far, this was basically a peaceful protest at the start which was then turned into a opportunity for organized trouble makers backed by Dr. Evil himself George Soros...This includes groups like Antifa, BLM, LA RAZA, and OSF to name a few...

Those that are sullying George Floyd's memory should be ashamed of themselves, furthermore they are taking this opportunity loot, steal, rob, and cause harm to innocent people and public and private property. Keep in mind they are destroying and burning down their own neighborhoods ! Then once the smoke clears they are crying to State and Federal officials how they demand special (Taxpayer) funds for their neighborhoods and private organizations !

If you think public criminal behavior such as looting, sealing, arson, robbery, etc. is helping your fight against racial injustice from the police your sadly mistaken, it does the exact opposite ! It just re-enforces typical stereo types unfortunately...This just gives another black eye to minority communities in the eyes of rational God loving Americans.

Don't you love how elitists liberals just can't wait to somehow blame our President Trump for the riots in the streets of America...?

I personally think its much more a problem of PISS POOR police academy training, indifferent/corrupt police chiefs/sheriffs who are working to keep the "wheels of justice" very well lubricated and then love to enact the power of the police force upon the citizenry.

I would be willing to bet my life savings that less that 1% of any police chiefs or officers know what the first 10 amendments are and/or what they are called.

Who was it that said "never let a good opportunity go to waste"... ?

Nuff said.

George Soros

Reactions: BlueZ and rpiotro

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Avedis I agree with you're premise but need to remember they are just nut-jobs there political leanings don't matter....

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Don't you love how elitists liberals just can't wait to somehow blame our President Trump for the riots in the
streets of America...?

I personally think its much more a problem of PISS POOR police academy training, indifferent/corrupt police
chiefs/sheriffs who are working to keep the "wheels of justice" very well lubricated and the love to enact the
power of the police force upon the citizenry.

I would be willing to bet my life savings that less that 1% of any police chiefs or officers know what the first
10 amendments are and/or what they are called.

Nuff said.
Trump is the leader of the country and in a position to enact major reform within the country to have
the very changes made you just pointed out, this isn't a new issue and entirely preventable.

Is this particular issue his fault? No, but regardless of who is in power when things like this happen
they have a responsibility to ensure it doesn't happen again. I don't care if you are for or against
Trump but holding your leader accountable for his actions or lack there-of is a valid criticism.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,385 Posts
The amount of mentally broken individuals in this country is appalling starting with former officer Chauvin and the three other former officers that let the initial incident happen. It is sickening and embarrassing that it happened here and has ignited issues across the country. Why brute military force isn't used (shoot first, ask questions later) to rid society of the vermin inhabiting it and hell-bent on destroying it, is beyond me. I have watched way too many hours of local coverage of the destruction of Minneapolis than is healthy, and the rioting isn't a race issue, as all colors (except green) are represented. There are no easy or neat solutions to this, but I'm not sure what the plan of the anarchists is once the productive members of society run out of money to rebuild the services they depend on to live. I'm glad that I am closer to death than birth and my remaining time on this shithole planet is limited.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Trump is the leader of the country and in a position to enact major reform within the country to havethe very changes made you just pointed out, this isn't a new issue and entirely preventable.

Is this particular issue his fault? No, but regardless of who is in power when things like this happen they have a responsibility to ensure it doesn't happen again. I don't care if you are for or against Trump but holding your leader accountable for his actions or lack there-of is a valid criticism.

Okay how does one explain: Ferguson, Baltimore, and NYC...? All were under President Obama's watch...who was our first black President and by most honest accounts had the most racial tensions under his regime than any modern US President...I never recalled any mass demonstrations by conservatives against the Obama regime.

But don't believe me, below is a link to a well written article by the Dailywire, which is hardly considered a conservative news organization...

Just imagine that American liberals would rather see their country destroyed than to see President Donald J. Trump re-elected...

The words of Winston Churchill are very appropriate in today's times..."If your not a liberal by age 20 you don't have a heart, and if by age 40 your not a conservative you don't have a brain"...or words to that effect.

What makes out country the greatest in the world (while certainly not perfect by any means) we have a constitution that has stood the test of time for 240 years and we have the greatest opportunities for creating personal wealth via honest hard work. Thankfully we have the 1st and 2nd Amendments to help push back Tyrannical governments and protest our grievances, etc.

Many of our political problems here in the US have come via lack of understanding and proper education of history and government and to a certain extent indoctrination by teachers and professors of today...Ever wonder why home schooled kids generally do better in scholastic testing than those same kids taught in public schools ? Never mind trying to find civics classes in the last 30 years...

Whoever said politics is a dirty business was very correct...Sadly, we let our "Representatives" get away with many political tricks and frankly have become very corrupt and only care about stuffing their pockets, citizens be damned...Unless we get nationwide term limits and national voter ID laws not much will change.

Thankfully we can agree to disagree.

Dailywire

Reactions: BlueZ and rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,544 Posts
I'm not condoning the violence in any way, shape, or form (Use of Oxford comma, just for Pillboy). But, this is how people react when pushed too far. What happened to George F was just wrong, period. Again, not a reason for violence and destruction but a reaction to what they perceive is enough is enough. Not on the same scale but, similarly, when you have people climbing up and out on traffic signal poles to put bags over red light cameras. Or restaurants opening, defying the lock-down orders for perfectly healthy people to give up their business and livelihood. You push people too much, and they react with defiance. Repeat - not condoning in any way the violent protests. Just pointing out human nature.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm not condoning the violence in any way, shape, or form (Use of Oxford comma, just for Pillboy). But, this is how people react when pushed too far. What happened to George F was just wrong, period. Again, not a reason for violence and destruction but a reaction to what they perceive is enough is enough. Not on the same scale but, similarly, when you have people climbing up and out on traffic signal poles to put bags over red light cameras. Or restaurants opening, defying the lock-down orders for perfectly healthy people to give up their business and livelihood. You push people too much, and they react with defiance. Repeat - not condoning in any way the violent protests. Just pointing out human nature.

I agree 100% with you Tato, the excessive and unconstitutional lock-down due to the Wuhan virus
has caused what are normally rational people to possibly do irrational things and with a weakened
economy making it that much worse...

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Okay how does one explain: Ferguson, Baltimore, and NYC...? All were under President Obama's watch...who was our first black President and by most honest accounts had the most racial tensions under his regime than any modern US President...I never recalled any mass demonstrations by conservatives against the Obama regime.

But don't believe me, below is a link to a well written article by the Dailywire, which is hardly considered a conservative news organization...

Just imagine that American liberals would rather see their country destroyed than to see President Donald J. Trump re-elected...

The words of Winston Churchill are very appropriate in today's times..."If your not a liberal by age 20 you don't have a heart, and if by age 40 your not a conservative you don't have a brain"...or words to that effect.

What makes out country the greatest in the world (while certainly not perfect by any means) we have a constitution that has stood the test of time for 240 years and we have the greatest opportunities for creating personal wealth via honest hard work. Thankfully we have the 1st and 2nd Amendments to help push back Tyrannical governments and protest our grievances, etc.

Many of our political problems here in the US have come via lack of understanding and proper education of history and government and to a certain extent indoctrination by teachers and professors of today...Ever wonder why home schooled kids generally do better in scholastic testing than those same kids taught in public schools ? Never mind trying to find civics classes in the last 30 years...

Whoever said politics is a dirty business was very correct...Sadly, we let our "Representatives" get away with many political tricks and frankly have become very corrupt and only care about stuffing their pockets, citizens be damned...Unless we get nationwide term limits and national voter ID laws not much will change.

Thankfully we can agree to disagree.

Dailywire
I'm not excusing other presidents they all have issues that weren't addressed but Trump is in power right now, dealing with these
specific protests right now... Not Bush or Obama or whatever President you wish to insert.

Also didn't mass protests break out in DC for climate action in like 2013? And specifically conservative protest n NY
against Obama when he pushed for the Iran deal??? So it's not like there isn't a precedence.

Honestly tensions in the US have never been higher, political opinion never as polarized and the economic situation was already on the brink of collapse before COVID which frankly makes things far worse than even back in 2008, toss in a failing infrastructure, under-performing middle-class a poorly designed health care system, and restricted rights of citizens you end up a powder-kegthat is ready to blow. So while it's important to condemn those who break the law what's really important here is not to paint either side as a problem and double down on tribalism behavior, need to remember that these actions are of a handful of people looking for an excuse.

I do agree with you that Politics is a dirty business (Canada's system could use an over-haul as well), and the US system
could use a fair bit of work as well but with that said Voter ID laws and Nationwide term limits are only solutions to a different set of issues...

Term limits only make sense if your opponent is too popular to beat because he has strong Public Support, which is why they exist
because the Republicans put forth a Candidate or Policies that would beat FDR. Meaning your election system
actively avoids retaining capable leaders.

As for voter ID laws they disproportional affect the poor and lower classes of the US, which would also be infringing
on your constitutional rights if I'm not mistaken.

My recommendations to fix US politics would be to over-haul the presidential primaries, and get money out of politics
be it by banning things like Super PACS, large fund-raising events/dinners, It should be entirely publicly funded with only small
dollar donations.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,385 Posts
Wow, not many posts in this thread today. Everybody must be out looting and vandalizing...oops, I mean protesting.

·
Super Moderator
3,544 Posts
I agree 100% with you Tato, the excessive and unconstitutional lock-down due to the Wuhan virus
has caused what are normally rational people to possibly do irrational things and with a weakened
economy making it that much worse...
This is 110% correct 69. Our leaders reacted to the 'new' (it's not new any more) virus out of fear and not rationality. Making fearful decisions based on grossly busted mathematical models that never came to be. Unnecessary economic devastation ensued.... and is ensuing. We heard how we would run out of hospital space and need to use now-vacant hotels and dorms, to house patients. Never happened. One can argue physical health is important - and it certainly is - but equally important is mental health (not to mention financial health). And we f'ed over 10s of millions of American's mental health, mine included (over the economy, not the exaggerated virus). Just look at the silly and ridiculous hording of toilet paper - case in point. Suicides exceeded Coronavirus deaths recently. People are staying home instead of seeking medical attention from hospitals for strokes, fall injuries, etc. because the news has convinced them if they step foot in a hospital, they'll instantly contract the deadly disease (truth is hospitals are doing a great job of isolating virus patients - so please do get yourself help, if needed). (...and the truth is a small fraction of 1% of people die who contract the virus). Domestic violence is up. Effects of 'cabin fever', with no end in sight, effecting adult's and kid's psyches. Unemployment in the 10s of millions now, and growing. Kids/students not getting a proper education. 10s of thousands of businesses gone for good. Celebrations are now done via drive-by signs. I can go on and on.

Like I said, the "novel" virus is not 'new' any more. We know who it affects the most. The elderly and those with underlying conditions. Those in nursing homes make up 2% of the US population yet account for 50% of the CV deaths. So, it's sad, but it's good information! We know where to concentrate our efforts. Let the frickin younger, healthier people get back to work and school and shopping!!! And let's quadruple our efforts protecting the most vulnerable. Remember, anyone telling you to stay home has no financial jeopardy. The 'hero' doctors and nurses and politicians and news media continue to get paid with the easy-to-say stay at home 'saves lives' order. You won't hear any nail salon owners urging "stay at home".

We were lied to. First it was "two weeks". Then it was "Flatten the curve". Next it was let's wait until we "Make the curve turn downward". The good part about this deception is, if there is ever an increase of CV cases in, say, the fall (hopefully not), people will not agree to shut down. Those days are over.

Ummm, ok, I went off the rails a little there.... where were we? Oh yeah, don't violently riot! ;) :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
This is 110% correct 69. Our leaders reacted to the 'new' (it's not new any more) virus out of fear and not rationality. Making fearful decisions based on grossly busted mathematical models that never came to be. Unnecessary economic devastation ensued.... and is ensuing. We heard how we would run out of hospital space and need to use now-vacant hotels and dorms, to house patients. Never happened. One can argue physical health is important - and it certainly is - but equally important is mental health (not to mention financial health). And we f'ed over 10s of millions of American's mental health, mine included (over the economy, not the exaggerated virus). Just look at the silly and ridiculous hording of toilet paper - case in point. Suicides exceeded Coronavirus deaths recently. People are staying home instead of seeking medical attention from hospitals for strokes, fall injuries, etc. because the news has convinced them if they step foot in a hospital, they'll instantly contract the deadly disease (truth is hospitals are doing a great job of isolating virus patients - so please do get yourself help, if needed). (...and the truth is a small fraction of 1% of people die who contract the virus). Domestic violence is up. Effects of 'cabin fever', with no end in sight, effecting adult's and kid's psyches. Unemployment in the 10s of millions now, and growing. Kids/students not getting a proper education. 10s of thousands of businesses gone for good. Celebrations are now done via drive-by signs. I can go on and on.

Like I said, the "novel" virus is not 'new' any more. We know who it affects the most. The elderly and those with underlying conditions. Those in nursing homes make up 2% of the US population yet account for 50% of the CV deaths. So, it's sad, but it's good information! We know where to concentrate our efforts. Let the frickin younger, healthier people get back to work and school and shopping!!! And let's quadruple our efforts protecting the most vulnerable. Remember, anyone telling you to stay home has no financial jeopardy. The 'hero' doctors and nurses and politicians and news media continue to get paid with the easy-to-say stay at home 'saves lives' order. You won't hear any nail salon owners urging "stay at home".

We were lied to. First it was "two weeks". Then it was "Flatten the curve". Next it was let's wait until we "Make the curve turn downward". The good part about this deception is, if there is ever an increase of CV cases in, say, the fall (hopefully not), people will not agree to shut down. Those days are over.

Ummm, ok, I went off the rails a little there.... where were we? Oh yeah, don't violently riot! ;) :)

100% on point Tato.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
210 Posts
The amount of mentally broken individuals in this country is appalling starting with former officer Chauvin and the three other former officers that let the initial incident happen. It is sickening and embarrassing that it happened here and has ignited issues across the country. Why brute military force isn't used (shoot first, ask questions later) to rid society of the vermin inhabiting it and hell-bent on destroying it, is beyond me. I have watched way too many hours of local coverage of the destruction of Minneapolis than is healthy, and the rioting isn't a race issue, as all colors (except green) are represented. There are no easy or neat solutions to this, but I'm not sure what the plan of the anarchists is once the productive members of society run out of money to rebuild the services they depend on to live. I'm glad that I am closer to death than birth and my remaining time on this shithole planet is limited.

Well said...but don't give up on humanity yet Pillboy.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
4,552 Posts

While I agree with you on the over-arching premise that things could have been handled better (especially in the US), but expecting any government to react perfectly when dealing with a new strain of a Virus is a pretty unreasonable expectation to have... Such as basic things like limiting purchased to prevent supply shortages sure.

But even then are talking about hundreds of differences between every country that would affect how quickly and where the Virus might spread, if it mutates and how
deadly it is to a population. Do people have any resistance after being infect once? There were too many unknowns Ensuring hospitals are well supplied to meet demand
is the smart thing to do. As I'm fond of saying in my role as an IT System administrator you plan your disaster recovery plans around the worst case scenarios... Not the best case.

Also it's worth pointing out you're considering the reactions over-the top right now despite the fact 100,000 people in the US have died these past 3 months
is a bit strange....If it continues at this rate we are looking at nearly 400K deaths which puts COVID on track to be the 2nd highest cause of death in the US
annually. It's worth pointing out that's with COVID hitting in Spring at the tail end of flue season, come next fall it could very well be worse. If COVID has done anything its highlighted the major
flaws in every countries systems be they government, healthcare or industrial.

Things probably won't be going back to normal anytime soon, or for any one country for that matter...
Hmm I've made myself sad, we really should just stick to talking cars on this site. o_O

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,012 Posts
I'm sick of seeing "Black lives matter". It should be "All Lives Matter"
Imagine how the asians feel after being forced into internment camps durring WWII, vertual slave labor building the Rail Roads etc.

So IMHO "Black lives matter" is like saying "White Lives Matter", and in itself, racist.

Now onto the death of George F. An atrocity period. Being former Law Enforcement I found the video sickening and had I been there I would have stopped it.

George F was compliant, cooperating, and already cuffed. If the arresting officer felt for some reason to keep him on the ground, a knee in the back would have sufficed.

I didn't see why he didn't help George to his feet then place him in the back of his squad car.

I also see no need to have paramilitary training for "Peace Officers". Save that for soldiers.

Why have the verbal abuse similar to the drill sargent in Full Metal Jacket during the police academy..white wall haircuts and the macho attitudes that go along with being a wannabe Marine.

This type of training helps cause excessive force, widens the we/they situation, lack of cooperation, and hatred toward the police in many communities.

Basic training in the military is very similar to the Police Academy training, so why do you expect a different result?

We need to get rid of how the academy trains our "Peace Officers" and get back to how VT used to do it before being forced to have their cadets go through the paramilitary academy training. The change of the VT State Police is something that I have seen. It's not good.

Police should not look or act like Drill Sargents or look like seal team operatives. That's a job for the military.

"Descalation" is the operative word.

Another pet peeve is the manipulation of "probable cause" to allow what would have been an improper search to be proper. This is done craftily and intentionally.

This happened to my stepson on rt 91 going home late at night from his campus cop job. He has many police buddies so when he was stopped by a State Trooper for no reason and given the jazz to allow a search of his car he laughed thinking he was set up by his friends.

He was detained for 2.5 hrs..3 cop cars with a K9 to check inside and outside his car. They even pulled his back seat out, and jack & spare tire.

They found nothing. Didn't even apologize for their Jack Booted Gestapo behavior. No wonder people are paranoid about being stopped.

I was stopped on my Harley with a group of friends. I was held with my face pressed on the hot pavement with a shotgun held against my back while they searched all of us and our bikes for drugs and weapons.

We were detained for over 2 hours with 4 police cars and 2 K9 units.

Ya think I don't break out in a sweat any time Police lights go on behind me? I freak out. I admit to PTSD from prior unpleasant encounters.

Then in NY state while asleep in my hotel room had a swat team burst into my room. I was sleeping naked as usual as was the lady I had brought back to my room from the bar that night.

I was told to stand in the bathtub while at gunpoint. I could see the hollow point bullet in the barrel 😳 while they searched my room.

Then every person in the hotel was brought out into the parking lot. Most of us only in our underwear...then after searching the inside of the hotel searched all the cars and our Harleys.

Again they found nothing. No drugs or handguns. Apparently a woman thought she saw a biker with a pistol.

My confiscated 12 ga Riot shotgun was returned to me late the following morning.

The girl I met at the bar (she worked there) ended up bringing me back to her house and made me a pancake eggs n bacon breakfast. How cool was that!

Another memorable police encounter. I was not to pleased to say the least. "Drive a Harley, go to jail"... I sold it and haven't been stopped since.

·
Super Moderator
3,544 Posts
While I agree with you on the over-arching premise that things could have been handled better (especially in the US), but expecting any government to react perfectly when dealing with a new strain of a Virus is a pretty unreasonable expectation to have... Such as basic things like limiting purchased to prevent supply shortages sure.

But even then are talking about hundreds of differences between every country that would affect how quickly and where the Virus might spread, if it mutates and how
deadly it is to a population. Do people have any resistance after being infect once? There were too many unknowns Ensuring hospitals are well supplied to meet demand
is the smart thing to do. As I'm fond of saying in my role as an IT System administrator you plan your disaster recovery plans around the worst case scenarios... Not the best case.

Also it's worth pointing out you're considering the reactions over-the top right now despite the fact 100,000 people in the US have died these past 3 months
is a bit strange....If it continues at this rate we are looking at nearly 400K deaths which puts COVID on track to be the 2nd highest cause of death in the US
annually. It's worth pointing out that's with COVID hitting in Spring at the tail end of flue season, come next fall it could very well be worse. If COVID has done anything its highlighted the major
flaws in every countries systems be they government, healthcare or industrial.

Things probably won't be going back to normal anytime soon, or for any one country for that matter...
Hmm I've made myself sad, we really should just stick to talking cars on this site. o_O
You are absolutely right BHC. It is very easy for me to now say, after the models went kaplooyi, that the models went kaplooyi. But, I do think it is on this site that, since March, maybe early April at the latest, I am on record as saying I am more concerned about the economy than the virus. And I am backed by countless doctors and economists. I love Dr. Ray Casciari (sp?), pulmonologist, of Saint Joseph's Hospital in Orange County, CA. Heard on KFI 640AM Monday and Thursday nights 6:00 - 6:30pm. He has been saying since March that the models are overly exaggerated and that the solution is not to force healthy people to stay home. He has been saying for two and a half months that he is more concerned for the economy than the virus.

When it's all said and done, we'll find the death rate for Coronavirus to be in the 0.2 - 0.5% range, not the 5% that we heard about until very recently. The fact is, 80%+ of the people who get it won't know they have it, will have minor symptoms, or will have moderate symptoms at most. Not what the news and media tell you though! I'm not unsympathetic to those who have died from it. But the fact is, we pretty much know who they are. So let's protect them but let others get back to their lives.

Not too long ago over 600 doctors wrote and signed a letter to Trump about the side effect health issues of the lock down and that it needs to end. Worth a read.

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a skipping LP, but shutting down an entire economy and causing massive financial devastation to potentially protect the vast minority from harm is just absolutely unprecedented. We've (talking the U.S. only right now) never done it for the recurring seasonal flu that takes 10s of thousands of lives annually, we don't do it for the 40,000 people that die in auto crashes every year (or the millions sent to the emergency room), we don't do it for the 6,000 pedestrians that die every year, we don't do it for the 10 people who drown to death every day,............. need I go on?

·
Super Moderator
3,544 Posts
I'm sick of seeing "Black lives matter". It should be "All Lives Matter"
Imagine how the asians feel after being forced into internment camps durring WWII, vertual slave labor building the Rail Roads etc.

So IMHO "Black lives matter" is like saying "White Lives Matter", and in itself, racist.

Now onto the death of George F. An atrocity period. Being former Law Enforcement I found the video sickening and had I been there I would have stopped it.

George F was compliant, cooperating, and already cuffed. If the arresting officer felt for some reason to keep him on the ground, a knee in the back would have sufficed.

I didn't see why he didn't help George to his feet then place him in the back of his squad car.

I also see no need to have paramilitary training for "Peace Officers". Save that for soldiers.

Why have the verbal abuse similar to the drill sargent in Full Metal Jacket during the police academy..white wall haircuts and the macho attitudes that go along with being a wannabe Marine.

This type of training helps cause excessive force, widens the we/they situation, lack of cooperation, and hatred toward the police in many communities.

Basic training in the military is very similar to the Police Academy training, so why do you expect a different result?

We need to get rid of how the academy trains our "Peace Officers" and get back to how VT used to do it before being forced to have their cadets go through the paramilitary academy training. The change of the VT State Police is something that I have seen. It's not good.

Police should not look or act like Drill Sargents or look like seal team operatives. That's a job for the military.

"Descalation" is the operative word.

Another pet peeve is the manipulation of "probable cause" to allow what would have been an improper search to be proper. This is done craftily and intentionally.

This happened to my stepson on rt 91 going home late at night from his campus cop job. He has many police buddies so when he was stopped by a State Trooper for no reason and given the jazz to allow a search of his car he laughed thinking he was set up by his friends.

He was detained for 2.5 hrs..3 cop cars with a K9 to check inside and outside his car. They even pulled his back seat out, and jack & spare tire.

They found nothing. Didn't even apologize for their Jack Booted Gestapo behavior. No wonder people are paranoid about being stopped.

I was stopped on my Harley with a group of friends. I was held with my face pressed on the hot pavement with a shotgun held against my back while they searched all of us and our bikes for drugs and weapons.

We were detained for over 2 hours with 4 police cars and 2 K9 units.

Ya think I don't break out in a sweat any time Police lights go on behind me? I freak out. I admit to PTSD from prior unpleasant encounters.

Then in NY state while asleep in my hotel room had a swat team burst into my room. I was sleeping naked as usual as was the lady I had brought back to my room from the bar that night.

I was told to stand in the bathtub while at gunpoint. I could see the hollow point bullet in the barrel 😳 while they searched my room.

Then every person in the hotel was brought out into the parking lot. Most of us only in our underwear...then after searching the inside of the hotel searched all the cars and our Harleys.

Again they found nothing. No drugs or handguns. Apparently a woman thought she saw a biker with a pistol.

My confiscated 12 ga Riot shotgun was returned to me late the following morning.

The girl I met at the bar (she worked there) ended up bringing me back to her house and made me a pancake eggs n bacon breakfast. How cool was that!

Another memorable police encounter. I was not to pleased to say the least. "Drive a Harley, go to jail"... I sold it and haven't been stopped since.

Holy Sh!t. And to think my biggest 'gripe' against police was the 1-2 times I was stopped and ticketed (when I deserved it). :O

Reactions: Ohthatguy

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,012 Posts
Now after my long post above..sorry I just wanted to share some of my personal thoughts on the George F & police abuse of power..

I agree with Taderhead. 100%. We are unnecessarily locking healthy people down and devastating our economy.

This is mostly politically based. BUT because most people can not comply with social distancing and use facemasks locking down is the answer.

Many precautions that are happening, like plastic screens at grocery stores should have already been in effect.

The asymptomatic carriers are an issue. I know 2 teens that are asymptomatic in MA and tested positive. Their exposure was traced back 3-4 weeks prior to testing.

Just remember "it's all Trump's fault" Or thats all I've read and heard on the news for months now.

Not a peep about the Montreal outbreak deaths or the Brazil outbreak on BBC world news last night, but the anti Trump air time got 25%!! WTF!. Same thing every night. The BBC just has to bash Trump for about 15%-20% air time every night.

What's going on in the rest of the world? Nothing on Afghanistan, middle east, Russia....Taiwan got a segment at least.

I feel like the news has forgotten the balence of important things that are going on.

Booze still kills more people than drugs and the flu. Why don't they report that number.

The lockdown is causing harm as well. More alcohol, nicotine, and drug consumption. Domestic violence, divorce, depression, sleep disturbance, stress, bad eating habits with weight gain, etc.. I have gained 20 lbs...uggg and cant sleep till about 4-5 AM.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts