Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Yeah, so many people in the suburbs are sitting on their hands (and rifles / ammo) waiting for the green light to squash this madness.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
All my magazines are topped off.😉

Now we have the NFAC armed folks. Seems they shot 3 innocent bystanders. Then the "Grand Master Jay" responded to the bystander shootings with "We had a little accident, it happens"
WTF Over?
Isn't "The Grand Master" a KKK leader?

·
Registered
84 Posts
All my magazines are topped off.😉

Now we have the NFAC armed folks. Seems they shot 3 innocent bystanders. Then the "Grand Master Jay" responded to the bystander shootings with "We had a little accident, it happens"
WTF Over?
Isn't "The Grand Master" a KKK leader?

I thought that was a KKK title as well - WTF ??

Glad I stocked up on ammo, this is getting WAY out of control !

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
I thought that was a KKK title as well - WTF ??

Glad I stocked up on ammo, this is getting WAY out of control !
Even my GF got a S&W "Lady Smith" in 38/357.

She was stopped on a major road in central MA by a crowd of BLM protesters..banging on her car and yelling at her for no reason other than her not protesting. She was driving home from work and was terrified by the unruly mob.

She lives alone with her granddaughter and is very worried about their safety.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
A lot of stupid going on right now.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Title for the KKK was "Grand Wizard" if I remember my history correctly "Grand Master" is a chess title. @JohnInNH damn hope you and the family stay safe man.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Even my GF got a S&W "Lady Smith" in 37/357.

She was stopped on a major road in central MA by a crowd of BLM protesters..banging on her car and yelling at her for no reason other than her not protesting. She was driving home from work and was terrified by the unruly mob.

She lives alone with her granddaughter and is very worried about their safety.
.38/.357? Typo? I'm sure she is getting quality training.;)

The thing about wheel guns is they always go bang. In the rare instance they don't just pull the trigger again. I just gave my son my .38 snubby. He has had a CCW for a while now. Just never got a handgun.

He has his late granddad's M1 carbine and 12 gauge shotgun.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
.38/.357? Typo? I'm sure she is getting quality training.;)

The thing about wheel guns is they always go bang. In the rare instance they don't just pull the trigger again. I just gave my son my .38 snubby. He has had a CCW for a while now. Just never got a handgun.

He has his late granddad's M1 carbine and 12 gauge shotgun.
Fixed..

38 is actually a little "wrong" anyway. All very confusing for a novice. Both the 38 Spl and 357 Mag have a groove diameter of .357" so a "38" could be called a "36". 35 cal rifles use a .358" bullet and pistols in 38/357 use .357 bullet", but you can shoot 9mm out of a 357 Blackhawk revolver using a different cylinder, and the bullets are .355" Clear as mud.

A 44 mag is really .429".

For the life of me I can't figure out why the 9mm Kurz is called a "380 ACP" Groove diameter is .355" case at the widest is .374" (OD of the casing). Nothing measures .380" in a "380". 🥴

She has training and shoots often. Not to worry. I feel a revolver is a good choice. I have a few. 🙄 I competed in Cowboy Action Shooting for a bunch of years. 🤠

I have a pair of cap n ball pistols that are a ton of fun to shoot. Big smoke rings! Got to love black powder.

Reactions: MikeD1 and u1arunit

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
This is not the only flag burning.

WTF...as a Cub Scout you learn to not even let the flag touch the ground.

Someone please slap some sense into these people.

What do you expect from a bunch of Birkenstock wearing, sand candle making, patchouli oil embalmed hipsters and their Antifa cohorts? It used to be "Keep Portland Weird", now it's "Keep Portland Burning".

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Wait aren't unidentified federal officers in Portland snatching random people off the street who haven't committed any crimes??? I'm sorry that is flat out illegal and some dictator like behavior, any moral outrage I'd have for flag burning (which is legal in the US) is massively over-shadowed by that fact.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Wait aren't unidentified federal officers in Portland snatching random people off the street who haven't committed any crimes??? I'm sorry that is flat out illegal and some dictator like behavior, any moral outrage I'd have for flag burning (which is legal in the US) is massively over-shadowed by that fact.

I don't agree with some of the Fed's tactics either but we aren't talking just flag burning. That section of downtown Portland looks like Falusia. The Feds wouldn't be here if the liberal city government had a spine and wouldn't capitulate to a bunch of anarchists. I am so glad I don't live in that area anymore.

Reactions: rpiotro and MikeD1

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I don't agree with some of the Fed's tactics either but we aren't talking just flag burning. That section of downtown Portland looks like Falusia. The Feds wouldn't be here if the liberal city government had a spine and wouldn't capitulate to a bunch of anarchists. I am so glad I don't live in that area anymore.
Aye that's why I brought up the feds tactics because it's such a major issue by comparison to flag burning.

That said do you honestly think this is an issue caused because it's a Liberal city government???? Come on these are the results of incompetent leadership not because Portland local government is democratic.

Republican Mayors in San Diago, Jacksonville, Oklahoma, Omaha and Miami all had riots as well.

As for why the Feds are being deployed to only democratic cities that seems obvious, Trump knows he doesn't need to fight to win over the Republican base and this is a golden opportunity to win over as many democratic voters as possible, him sending federal agents will make him appear as a strong candidate that is cracking down on the anarchists and looters. Which he is correct in assuming, provided he can maintain control of the Federal agents he sends out.

This is nothing more that correlation in my books.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts

The more of these loons they snatch up off the street the less the rest of us have to deal with once we get the greenlight to smash these idiots.

Reactions: MikeD1 and jodedor

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Aye that's why I brought up the feds tactics because it's such a major issue by comparison to flag burning.
Republican Mayors in San Diago, Jacksonville, Oklahoma, Omaha and Miami all had riots as well.

View attachment 94081
I can tell you that the rioting in Jacksonville only lasted a very short period of time. I woke up from a nap that day, saw pictures of a police car on fire, loaded up the car with a ton of “safety gear” and drove straight downtown. They had already teargassed the hell out of those buffoons by the time I got there and it was over.👍🏻

Reactions: MikeD1 and rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #216

That said do you honestly think this is an issue caused because it's a Liberal city government???? Come on these are the results of incompetent leadership not because Portland local government is democratic.

As for why the Feds are being deployed to only democratic cities that seems obvious, Trump knows he doesn't need to fight to win over the Republican base and this is a golden opportunity to win over as many democratic voters as possible, him sending federal agents will make him appear as a strong candidate that is cracking down on the anarchists and looters. Which he is correct in assuming, provided he can maintain control of the Federal agents he sends out.

View attachment 94081
I don't give a sh1t about Trump and he'll never in a million years win in Oregon regardless of what he does. You don't know Portland like I do. Portland's city government has been a bastion of liberalism for many years. Mayor Ted Wheeler has done next to nothing to stop the nightly violence for two months because he didn't want to upset BLM protesters. When the DHS Secretary came to Portland to survey the damages to the Federal Courthouse, Wheeler said he wouldn't talk to him even if asked to.

The mayor is also the police commissioner so why does he let Portland burn for two months then complain about the Feds trying to protect Federal property? Even better, City Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty as the head of the fire department, 911 and emergency preparedness agencies, wouldn't let Portland Police use any fire stations for tactical operations to protect the city. When the anarchists burned the Portland Police Union offices, she accused the police of burning their own offices to stir things up. She later admitted she had absolutely no evidence supporting her claim and was forced to issue an apology for her ridiculous statement. Wheeler sent a letter to Hardesty last Thursday, stating that because of her comments, the city and possibly state investigations had to be launched. She's a real piece of work.

There is no excuse for letting anarchists burn buildings, vandalize businesses and assault city police officers with bricks, frozen water bottles, fireworks, canned food and Molotov cocktails. The Portland mayor and city council in an effort to recognize BLM have lost control of the city center to the left and right wing radicals who simply want to fight and destroy things. Neither faction gives a sh1t about the BLM movement. Even the BLM organizers here have said that the nightly protests are hurting their cause yet Wheeler and the City Council have done nothing but complain about Federal intervention when they are the real source of the problem.

I don't think the Feds should be here either but if the city is going to just stand by and let these idiots destroy downtown Portland because they don't want to appear to be against the BLM movement, what are the Feds suppose to do when these nutjobs are burning their buildings? Kneel?

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
If they are not going to give blanket immunity to suburbanites to come in and crush their fellow citizens who are acting like animals than they need to get it handled themselves. But if the can’t / won’t resolve it, then every level of law enforcement needs to stand aside when the rest of the citizenry decide to stop watching everything burn.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
The more of these loons they snatch up off the street the less the rest of us have to deal with once we get the greenlight to smash these idiots.

I can tell you that the rioting in Jacksonville only lasted a very short period of time. I woke up from a nap that day, saw pictures of a police car on fire, loaded up the car with a ton of “safety gear” and drove straight downtown. They had already teargassed the hell out of those buffoons by the time I got there and it was over.👍🏻
I'm fine with loons being picked off the street.... So long as due process is followed, if it's not then we aren't living in a democracy anymore where the rights
of an individual are respected. It's a slippery slope and if there is one thing the fierce defenders of the 2nd amendment understand is that if you give up even
an inch the government will take a mile.

The second you normalize what is effectively kidnapping that can quickly become the new norm. Also yes Jacksonville was short lived, it was a throwaway example of how both republican and democratic leaders have had riots taking place.

I don't give a sh1t about Trump and he'll never in a million years win in Oregon regardless of what he does. You don't know Portland like I do. Portland's city government has been a bastion of liberalism for many years. Mayor Ted Wheeler has done next to nothing to stop the nightly violence for two months because he didn't want to upset BLM protesters. When the DHS Secretary came to Portland to survey the damages to the Federal Courthouse, Wheeler said he wouldn't talk to him even if asked to.

The mayor is also the police commissioner so why does he let Portland burn for two months then complain about the Feds trying to protect Federal property? Even better, City Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty as the head of the fire department, 911 and emergency preparedness agencies, wouldn't let Portland Police use any fire stations for tactical operations to protect the city. When the anarchists burned the Portland Police Union offices, she accused the police of burning their own offices to stir things up. She later admitted she had absolutely no evidence supporting her claim and was forced to issue an apology for her ridiculous statement. Wheeler sent a letter to Hardesty last Thursday, stating that because of her comments, the city and possibly state investigations had to be launched. She's a real piece of work.

There is no excuse for letting anarchists burn buildings, vandalize businesses and assault city police officers with bricks, frozen water bottles, fireworks, canned food and Molotov cocktails. The Portland mayor and city council in an effort to recognize BLM have lost control of the city center to the left and right wing radicals who simply want to fight and destroy things. Neither faction gives a sh1t about the BLM movement. Even the BLM organizers here have said that the nightly protests are hurting their cause yet Wheeler and the City Council have done nothing but complain about Federal intervention when they are the real source of the problem.

I don't think the Feds should be here either but if the city is going to just stand by and let these idiots destroy downtown Portland because they don't want to appear to be against the BLM movement, what are the Feds suppose to do when these nutjobs are burning their buildings? Kneel?
Avedis I have nothing but respect for you, but what does Ted Wheeler or the local government of Portland being Liberal have to do with anything??? The majority of large cities in the US are mainly democratic/liberal leaning.... Is he beyond incompetent? Yes. Should he have taken actions? God yes. Should he be removed from office? Yes and most of the people who supported him. Charged for neglecting his duty as a elected official?? In my mind absolutely.

But their actions are not representation of any single political spectrum, but a indications of how flawed the systems can be that allowed things to get this bad.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Give it another 50 years and you will see it all again.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
I'm fine with loons being picked off the street.... So long as due process is followed, if it's not then we aren't living in a democracy anymore where the rights
of an individual are respected. It's a slippery slope and if there is one thing the fierce defenders of the 2nd amendment understand is that if you give up even
an inch the government will take a mile.

The second you normalize what is effectively kidnapping that can quickly become the new norm. Also yes Jacksonville was short lived, it was a throwaway example of how both republican and democratic leaders have had riots taking place.

Avedis I have nothing but respect for you, but what does Ted Wheeler or the local government of Portland being Liberal have to do with anything??? The majority of large cities in the US are mainly democratic/liberal leaning.... Is he beyond incompetent? Yes. Should he have taken actions? God yes. Should he be removed from office? Yes and most of the people who supported him. Charged for neglecting his duty as a elected official?? In my mind absolutely.

But their actions are not representation of any single political spectrum, but a indications of how flawed the systems can be that allowed things to get this bad.
The founders presumed we would remain worthy of the great principles of our constitution. In other words, you would only exercise your right of freedom to assemble / protest for a serious and just cause.
Now we have millions of idiots lashing out over a false, media-generated hysteria of ‘rampant police abuse by racist cops’ and ‘systemic racism’ when in reality there is occasional police malpractice. That’s it.
All of the studies have shown the cops have no statistical grudge against black people. Americans are simply no longer worthy of the bill of rights because they abuse the freedoms. It creates a country ripe for a brutal dictator to come in and smack them back in line (Trump is not a dictator by the way).

201 - 220 of 235 Posts