Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Wait aren't unidentified federal officers in Portland snatching random people off the street who haven't committed any crimes??? I'm sorry that is flat out illegal and some dictator like behavior, any moral outrage I'd have for flag burning (which is legal in the US) is massively over-shadowed by that fact.

Plainclothes officers in unmarked vehicles making a presumably legitimate arrest is somehow outrageous? When did that start?
Do you know for a fact those people being arrested are just being snatched up at random?

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
The founders presumed we would remain worthy of the great principles of our constitution. In other words, you would only exercise your right of freedom to assemble / protest for a serious and just cause.
Now we have millions of idiots lashing out over a false, media-generated hysteria of ‘rampant police abuse by racist cops’ and ‘systemic racism’ when in reality there is occasional police malpractice. That’s it.
All of the studies have shown the cops have no statistical grudge against black people. Americans are simply no longer worthy of the bill of rights because they abuse the freedoms. It creates a country ripe for a brutal dictator to come in and smack them back in line (Trump is not a dictator by the way).
Serious and just cause???? Pretty sure people dying due to flaws within the police system qualifies the right to protest... To riot NO, but protest? Absolutely.

Because there are serious underlying issue in the US police force that have long since needed to be addressed. They are under-trained to handle the situations they find themselves in, have far too many duties that extend beyond what is reasonable in their roles .

Now how serious the systemic racism is and the overall state of the Police for is entirely debatable,
but saying people aren't worthy of their rights granted to them in a constitution? Non-sense.

Plainclothes officers in unmarked vehicles making a presumably legitimate arrest is somehow outrageous? When did that start?
Do you know for a fact those people being arrested are just being snatched up at random?
Except they are performing arrests without probable cause, performing unlawful search and seizure and failing to follow due process according to those articles.

That is what I find outrages.

As for whether or not I think this is a "fact" I'd say it's very likely because 3 separate articles, written by 3 separate news organisations with both the left and right
biases all published within days of one another stating the same thing make it rather credible.

Do you know for a fact this isn't happening???

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Serious and just cause???? Pretty sure people dying due to flaws within the police system qualifies the right to protest... To riot NO, but protest? Absolutely.

Because there are serious underlying issue in the US police force that have long since needed to be addressed. They are under-trained to handle the situations they find themselves in, have far too many duties that extend beyond what is reasonable in their roles .

Now how serious the systemic racism is and the overall state of the Police for is entirely debatable,
but saying people aren't worthy of their rights granted to them in a constitution? Non-sense.

Except they are performing arrests without probable cause, performing unlawful search and seizure and failing to follow due process according to those articles.

That is what I find outrages.

As for whether or not I think this is a "fact" I'd say it's very likely because 3 separate articles, written by 3 separate news organisations with both the left and right
biases all published within days of one another stating the same thing make it rather credible.

Look at Ferguson, MO. Huge protests and riots over a 100% justified shooting. The narrative is false. Most of the ‘victims’ of the supposed police racism that the media chooses to run sweet junior high yearbook photos of are wasting their lives with criminality when they get shot.
the strange thing is that regular black citizens fall in around them and protest and march over their deaths even though these people were criminals. Imagine some kkk leader ******* getting killed by cops and then regular white people marching by the millions over their “tragic“ death.the entire narrative is detached from reality.

Reactions: MikeD1 and rpiotro

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
...As for whether or not I think this is a "fact" I'd say it's very likely because 3 separate articles, written by 3 separate news organisations with both the left and right

No, nor do you. "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see".

I know more than a few people in law enforcement. They have a difficult and dangerous job. They believe in what they are doing. They see it as a calling to help people. Sure there are some rotten apples but what profession doesn't have them. I give those people the benefit of the doubt until I see proof otherwise regardless of what some journalist says. No matter what side of the aisle they proclaim to be on.
I proclaim to be Superman on Tuesdays. That doesn't mean I can actually leap tall buildings with a single bound.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Look at Ferguson, MO. Huge protests and riots over a 100% justified shooting. The narrative is false. Most of the ‘victims’ of the supposed police racism that the media chooses to run sweet junior high yearbook photos of are wasting their lives with criminality when they get shot.
the strange thing is that regular black citizens fall in around them and protest and march over their deaths even though these people were criminals. Imagine some kkk leader *** getting killed by cops and then regular white people marching by the millions over their “tragic“ death.the entire narrative is detached from reality.
Yes people sometimes protests and riot for the wrong reasons and are provided a false narrative, just like there are situations where police forces have justification for their actions
but that isn't always the case. But that's not what we are discussing, we are talking specifically about the protests that followed after G.F death who isn't some racist cult leader.

And even if it's a situation like Ferguson,MO unless the officers had a strong indication that their lives or someone else was in immediate danger
lethal force should be the last option.

No, nor do you. "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see".

I know more than a few people in law enforcement. They have a difficult and dangerous job. They believe in what they are doing. They see it as a calling to help people. Sure there are some rotten apples but what profession doesn't have them. I give those people the benefit of the doubt until I see proof otherwise regardless of what some journalist says. No matter what side of the aisle they proclaim to be on.
I proclaim to be Superman on Tuesdays. That doesn't mean I can actually leap tall buildings with a single bound.
Nor do I argue that Police have a difficult and dangerous job, but they are the ones who chose to be Police officers and the "Bad apples" in other industries
don't typically end up killing other people nor are they given the "benefit of the doubt" in the same manner as a Police officer.

Police have great authority and deal in very dangerous situations, which is why they need to be held to an even higher standard otherwise they loose the trust of the public
which a strong argument could be made is happening right now...

Also the proverb isn't "just a few bad apples" but is "A few bad apples spoil the batch".

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Yes people sometimes protests and riot for the wrong reasons and are provided a false narrative, just like there are situations where police forces have justification for their actions
but that isn't always the case. But that's not what we are discussing, we are talking specifically about the protests that followed after G.F death who isn't some racist cult leader.

And even if it's a situation like Ferguson,MO unless the officers had a strong indication that their lives or someone else was in immediate danger
lethal force should be the last option.

Nor do I argue that Police have a difficult and dangerous job, but they are the ones who chose to be Police officers and the "Bad apples" in other industries
don't typically end up killing other people nor are they given the "benefit of the doubt" in the same manner as a Police officer.

Police have great authority and deal in very dangerous situations, which is why they need to be held to an even higher standard otherwise they loose the trust of the public
which a strong argument could be made is happening right now...

Also the proverb isn't "just a few bad apples" but is "A few bad apples spoil the batch".
Yeah, I think every sane American knows the GF situation was wrong. But racial tensions have already been put on boil through the media having stoked and promoted the false narrative for years.
they spun the Trayvon case so much that it incited outrage so intense that the state felt pressured to charge the victim of Trayvon’s assault. It was outrageous. And people STILL reference Trayvon on the list of wrongly killed “victims”.
In the Ahmed Arbery case (spelling?), the media said “white supremacists” “hunted” a black man just for going on a jog.
The reality is that residents called the cops on a burglary suspect and wrongly armed themselves to try and hold him for police. Arbery reacted violently and attacked a man holding a loaded shotgun. That gun would’ve never been discharged that day had he not attacked that man. And he wasn’t out for a jog. Another video surfaced showing that he was walking down the street when he decided to go into that house. He appeared to start running when he noticed the security camera inside the house. A prior video surfaced of him being encountered by a super calm, nice police officer in a park and it revealed that Ahmed had an explosive temper. Had the cop in that prior situation not been extremely restrained, it could’ve ended in his death. so the reality is that he was the problem and how he conducted himself. But right now men are sitting on trial for murder because the media spun it that they were simply hunting him for the color of his skin. They should be able to sue the media and win $100 million.
George Floyd’s death was police malpractice and that cop should be held accountable. And the media companies should have to pay billions to the business owners and other victims of the rioting and violence.
Everybody in our society needs to recognize that how much our lives matter is determined by how we choose to conduct ourselves. If we let ourselves become violent criminal assholes, pulling society down, our lives serve no positive purpose and nobody should cry when they’re concluded.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin affair was a two moron clash. We would have never heard of it had they both had simply gone home.
It was suggested to George Zimmerman by the dispatcher to not get involved any further. From the 911 transcript;

Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman: The back entrance... fucking punks.

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah.

Dispatcher: Okay, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: Okay.

And the testimony of Trayvon Martin's girlfriend who was on the phone with Trayvon. Trayvon was less that two blocks from home when he decided to confront George Zimmerman;

The prosecution asked Rachel Jeantel what Trayvon Martin was complaining to her about on the phone, as he walked home.
“That a man just kept watching him,” she replied.
After the judge overruled a defense objection, the prosecutor continued, “Did you say anything back to him or did he say anything back to you?”
“Yes,” Jeantel replied. “I asked him how the man looked like. He just told me the man — the man looked creepy.”
“He said the man looked creepy?” the prosecutor asked.
“Creepy, white, kill-my-neighbors cracker,” Jeantel replied, and when asked to repeat her testimony a few times, added, “He looked like a creepy ass cracker.”
“He told me the man was looking at him,” she added, “so I had to think it might have been a rapist. Might have been a rapist.”

And we now know how the whole thing was spun by the media.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
The George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin affair was a two moron clash. We would have never heard of it had they both had simply gone home.
Agree. People need to de-escalate. It would cure damn near all of these issues. And the media people need to be punished for creating the rage.

Reactions: rpiotro and MikeD1

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Yeah, I think every sane American knows the GF situation was wrong. But racial tensions have already been put on boil through the media having stoked and promoted the false narrative for years.
they spun the Trayvon case so much that it incited outrage so intense that the state felt pressured to charge the victim of Trayvon’s assault. It was outrageous. And people STILL reference Trayvon on the list of wrongly killed “victims”.
In the Ahmed Arbery case (spelling?), the media said “white supremacists” “hunted” a black man just for going on a jog.
The reality is that residents called the cops on a burglary suspect and wrongly armed themselves to try and hold him for police. Arbery reacted violently and attacked a man holding a loaded shotgun. That gun would’ve never been discharged that day had he not attacked that man. And he wasn’t out for a jog. Another video surfaced showing that he was walking down the street when he decided to go into that house. He appeared to start running when he noticed the security camera inside the house. A prior video surfaced of him being encountered by a super calm, nice police officer in a park and it revealed that Ahmed had an explosive temper. Had the cop in that prior situation not been extremely restrained, it could’ve ended in his death. so the reality is that he was the problem and how he conducted himself. But right now men are sitting on trial for murder because the media spun it that they were simply hunting him for the color of his skin. They should be able to sue the media and win $100 million.
George Floyd’s death was police malpractice and that cop should be held accountable. And the media companies should have to pay billions to the business owners and other victims of the rioting and violence.
Everybody in our society needs to recognize that how much our lives matter is determined by how we choose to conduct ourselves. If we let ourselves become violent criminal assholes, pulling society down, our lives serve no positive purpose and nobody should cry when they’re concluded.
Can't say I'm familiar with either of those incidents so I can't really weight in on that, but I can certainly agree the media loves to jazz up minor events and allow false narratives
if they think it will grab more viwer/readership.

As for the value of human life personally I would weight them equally, my view for that is we don't really know our own worth until we are looking death in the eye.
One of my clients are an addict recovery service for children, most of the staff are former graduates of the program and they all have a story and circumstance behind
their actions and even though they were some of the worst people you could imagine years ago they've gone on to help hundreds of other people.

I've worked with them for over 4 years now and seen a lot that's changed my views (which used to be very similar) but this is a very personal and subjective view-point,
so I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

Agree. People need to de-escalate. It would cure damn near all of these issues. And the media people need to be punished for creating the rage.
Can we add politicians to that list while we are at it? Lack of accountability and unwillingness to have a real conversation is really tragic.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Here's another example of Portland's left-wing nut jobs.

The Northwest Film Center is putting on a "drive-in" theater in a large parking lot in Portland, showing films for free with COVID-compliant distancing between cars. Great idea but there's always someone who will find fault. Enter local Portland author, Lois Leveen who managed to generate enough outcry that the NFC pulled the vile movie that was scheduled this Thursday in the opening night slot.

Leveen criticized the movie, stating that it "romanticizes over-policing in the US" and that it plays a "school-to-prison pipeline" for laughs. She compared the movie to The Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind. "We recognize these films like those are not 'good family fun.' They are relics on how pop culture feeds racist assumptions."

So what movie is Leveen's wrath focused on? Kindergarten Cop.

I'm speechless.

Reactions: MikeD1 and jodedor

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts

The Northwest Film Center is putting on a "drive-in" theater in a large parking lot in Portland, showing films for free with COVID-compliant distancing between cars. Great idea but there's always someone who will find fault. Enter local Portland author, Lois Leveen who managed to generate enough outcry that the NFC pulled the vile movie that was scheduled this Thursday in the opening night slot.

Leveen criticized the movie, stating that it "romanticizes over-policing in the US" and that it plays a "school-to-prison pipeline" for laughs. She compared the movie to The Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind. "We recognize these films like those are not 'good family fun.' They are relics on how pop culture feeds racist assumptions."

I'm speechless.
Now you're making me want to watch what I always thought looked like a turd. Although it's gotta be better than Junior. Leveen might find fault with Junior too!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts

I'm speechless.
Yeah cancel culture in general is usually driven by lunatics be they from the left or right.

Sucks about the drive in theater I've heard a few other places opening up and thought that was a neat throw back as well as a much needed distraction in today's world.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
So what does the spineless NWF come up with to replace an escapist, Friday night crowd-pleaser? What else but a documentary about John Lewis! I'll bet the place will be packed for that one.

My issue isn’t lunatics like Lois Leveen. America has always been plagued by soulless, dried up, joyless, fun-hating, bossy, neurotic harpies. My issue is that we are now caving to these soulless, dried up, joyless, fun-hating, bossy, neurotic harpies — when we used to ridicule them.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I'm speechless.
I'm more incredulous every day that this sort of censorship continues and is being encouraged :mad:

And WTH - there are distancing rules now between cars ? Do cars spread COVID? Can cars catch COVID? The fact you have ppl in their cars implies (in my mind) they are automatically distancing to begin with. But then, I keep seeing more & more mindless drones now wearing masks in their cars driving around, apparently insuring they are not infecting themselves ?

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
I just read today that Seattle protesters have sued the police for forcing them to buy expensive armor to protect them while they protest (riot). They want the taxpayer to compensate them for the gear. i’m praying for a dictator to take over this dump and crush these people. Please don’t make me be that guy.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts