Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What caught your eye and stood out from the new 2014 Q50?

The first thing i noticed from the picture was the newly designed front end. It looks luxurious and stood out from the crowd just like the brand itself.

How about you guys?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I like the fact that Infiniti went in a distinctive direction with the led running lights. They made it a solid strip instead of a string of individual lights like Lexus uses. This looks more modern to me.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
The newly designed front front end really caught my attention. The new signature grille thats on every Infiniti took sometime to get use to at first but it grew on me. The headlights are intriguing, I saw a picture of it lite up and its just out of this world.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm really liking the announced updated Bose system that the Q50 will employ. I've had some issues with the current audio system and I'm looking forward to see what changes or updates they've made to it.

I'm also really liking the more aggressive hood design and the side lines. I think right now, the current G's hood and side panel sheetmetal is relatively flat and shapeless compared to the rest of the car. I think adding the additional lines there on the Q50 gives a more consistently aggressive look around the car..

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
What exactly did they do to upgrade the Audio system? I never found the audio system to be terrible in my G37.
No, it's far from terrible, I just think there's room for improvement.

The new system is the next generation of the current Bose system. Next-generation Studio on Wheels by Bose® audio system with instrument panel speaker array and up to 14 total speakers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Literally nothing that Infiniti has made previously has been appealing to me. I like the styling of the G coupes and the M sedans, but their interiors were deal breakers.

However the Q50 gives me an immediate, visceral reaction. The proportions, lines and stance are near perfect. The styling is a little forward thinking and the contours possibly too overwrought, especially in the flanks and rear quarters, but overall the exterior package is striking.

My current car is a prior gen MB S Class. I'd love to replace it but it's a really nice car. Very comfortable, gorgeous interior, great seats, excellent Bose audio, nice ride, lots of gizmos.

The Q50 seats look very good in photos. The Bose audio is a big plus. I love the dual screen center stack and all the tech. Love that it's RWD, and 360HP in a car that size is very impressive.

The devil is in the details, of course. I may, as is often the case, get totally turned off on the test drive, but currently the Q50 is by far the front runner for my next car. Hurry up, summer.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Literally nothing that Infiniti has made previously has been appealing to me. I like the styling of the G coupes and the M sedans, but their interiors were deal breakers. The G37 to me seems bulbous and lumpy.

However the Q50 gives me an immediate, visceral reaction. The proportions, lines and stance are near perfect. The styling is a little forward thinking and the contours possibly too overwrought, especially in the flanks and rear quarters, but overall the exterior package is striking.

My current car is a prior gen MB S Class. I'd love to replace it but it's a really nice car. Very comfortable, gorgeous interior, great seats, excellent Bose audio, nice ride, lots of gizmos.

The Q50 seats look very good in photos. The Bose audio is a big plus. I love the dual screen center stack and all the tech. Love that it's RWD, and 360HP in a car that size is very impressive.

The devil is in the details, of course. I may, as is often the case, get totally turned off on the test drive, but currently the Q50 is by far the front runner for my next car. Hurry up, summer.
Wow, if you're used to driving an S class, I find it interesting that you'd want to jump down so far to a Q50.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Wow, if you're used to driving an S class, I find it interesting that you'd want to jump down so far to a Q50.
Hey, this is just what Infiniti needs to get to 500,000 in global sales.

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Talking about the S Class has me thinking about the M37 replacement..

I'm thinking I'm not gonna set my eyes too sharply on the Q50 until I get a good look at the Q70. I'm a big fan of the M37/56 right now and I'd love to see what refreshments or redesigns they'll do to it for the Q70.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I love the front grille. Some people hate it, others love it. I think the design of the grille pulls everything nicely together. It's like the perfect centerpiece.

didn't like how it looked on the Infiniti JX but it's definitely looking much better on a small sedan.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I think many new Infiniti vehicles will have this new front grill. It seems to be a trend with Japanese luxury manufacturers.

Look at Lexus and Acura. They carry on the same grill to every model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I noticed this new chrome chicken wire grille from a lot of manufacturers guess its a new trend. I just love the head lamp design. its so freakin cool looking and sleek. The most important was that infiniti didnt cop cat the led strip like thes rest of them. I hate those lights.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts

There still is an LED strip but it's on top.

The headlight adds to it's character that is for sure. I think most of the new headlights are pretty cool. The new lexus IS headlight looks nice and the new RLX headlight is just bonkers.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The previous gen S-class (I am talking about this one) was a victim of cost cutting and was criticized for having a cheap interior. THe current-gen fixed that issue, and I am sure the upcoming 2014 will be a further step up.

But if he is driving the previous-gen that I am assuming, then the Q50 is a definite step up. But the S-class is a much larger car. Completely different dynamics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts