Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i just bought a 2017 Q50 RS with 34K miles, and am reading alot about blown motors and turbos, is this a fragile engine? i was under the impression that it was derived from the VR38 GTR motor which seems to be solid.
i am coming from a VQ35 engine in my 2010 Maxima, and always admired the Q50 since its release and now i was able to get one, i am not looking to tune it, i am not thinking of tuning it but am looking to buy a FI exhaust , and LDP, and later add HE and OCC to help protect it even by a little, since am Not form the US and i dont have an official infiniti workshops here, i got the car imported thinking it would be reliable and has loads of power, like my experience with my maxima( not that the maxima is even close in terms of power to the Q50)
so i was thinking if there is people who ran high milage on these engines and did they have problems with it, and if there is some pointers to possibly aid in prolonging the life of this motor from experience...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The motors not fragile, but the turbo's had defects.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motors not fragile, but the turbo's had defects.
this helps alot, thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
73k miles on a Red Sport here.

The Drive Belt shredded around 29.5k miles. So, keep an eye on that.

Other than that, my 3.0T has been great to me with regular maintenance such as oil changes every 5k to 7k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts