• EcuTek tuned by Z1 Motorsports
  • AMS Red Alpha CAI
  • Boosted6Auto LDP
  • Fast Intentions CBE
  • 5/6 EDIT - Burger Motorsports Elite HE purchased
  • SOLD - Nitto NT05R's 275/40R17 w/ Weld 17x10
  • 5/11 EDIT - Solar Gard Vortex IR ceramic tint installed

In Progress
  • Researching summer street tires - Firestone Firehawk F: 245/40R19 R: 285/35R19
  • I love "spirited" driving but don't think it warrants an HE
  • Shopping for a vendor to get my tint done (Jacksonville, FL)
  • I'm a purist, so I'd like to leave her looking as-is in the looks department

I'm looking to stick to bolt-ons and don't want to run spray. Love the results so far and will share dyno results/video soon. What else would you guys do?
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Sky Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
In progress
  • I love "spirited" driving but don't think it warrants an HX
One acceleration run under higher boost will heat soak the OEM HE. With high ambient temps in FL, I'd re-think your decision to stay with the OEM HE, unless you always want to be "one-and-done".

·
Registered
538 Posts
How much are you making with Z1 and how does it drive?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I’d suggest sway bars next

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
One acceleration run under higher boost will heat soak the OEM HE. With high ambient temps in FL, I'd re-think your decision to stay with the OEM HE, unless you always want to be "one-and-done".
I was wondering if it was a "one and done" case. With that info it's HE time. Thank you for chiming in👍

Reactions: xBlitzkriegx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How much are you making with Z1 and how does it drive?
Still waiting on Z1 to finish tuning. I flashed my ECU with their 4th map about 2 weeks ago.

• Sounds awesome! (Especially under overpasses with the moon roof and windows open ;))
  • The tires break loose VERY easily in manual and auto mode (with traction control off you're just gonna spin)
  • Have Nitto NT05R's 275/40R17 mounted on Weld 17x10 for the track (drove around on the street and they all but eliminated the wheel spin)
  • Gas mileage is great if you drive conservatively

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
Still waiting on Z1 to finish tuning. I flashed my ECU with their 4th map about 2 weeks ago.
  • The rear tires break loose VERY easily in manual and auto mode (with traction control off you're just gonna spin)
Fixed for ya. You should also consider a LSD (Z1, Quaife, Wavetrac, or Traction Concepts), as the stock diff is an open diff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, thanks @IridiumRS400. I am aware of the diff. Crazy they would do that on our cars. Is the AMS worth the extra money? I'm seeing conflicting info on that

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
Is the AMS worth the extra money? I'm seeing conflicting info on that
Can't speak to the Wavetrac, which is what AMS offers. Wavetrac had some build quality issue with their LSDs around the time I was looking to buy one, so I opted for the Quaife LSD, which works well. Really notice the improved drive-off traction on corner exit, as well as drama-free launch from a dig.

I purchased the Quaife LSD from CZP in Arizona, and then me and my neighbor r&r'd the rear diff. The same race shop that did my suspension installation did the LSD installation, too. Alternatively, many Q owners have simply ordered a replacement diff from Z1 with their LSD already installed. I just preferred the Quaife design.

Reactions: Kraken

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't speak to the Wavetrac, which is what AMS offers. Wavetrac had some build quality issue with their LSDs around the time I was looking to buy one, so I opted for the Quaife LSD, which works well. Really notice the improved drive-off traction on corner exit, as well as drama-free launch from a dig.

I purchased the Quaife LSD from CZP in Arizona, and then me and my neighbor r&r'd the rear diff. The same race shop that did my suspension installation did the LSD installation, too. Alternatively, many Q owners have simply ordered a replacement diff from Z1 with their LSD already installed. I just preferred the Quaife design.
Awesome. Thank you for the information on the diff @IridiumRS400. What about AMS vs Burger HE?

@Subarashi, yes I am going to buy the complete assembly and install myself. Installed the 4:11 Leader gears on my 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo 15 years ago :) Thank you 👍

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
Awesome. Thank you for the information on the diff @IridiumRS400. What about AMS vs Burger HE?
Can't speak to the Burger HE, but I've had the AMS (Infiniti-branded) HE installed for about 4 years, and have had no issues, including a lack of heat soak even with high ambient temps.

·
Registered
737 Posts
rear diff bushings.

Z1 diff brace. the rumors are around that the FI exhaust doesnt work with the Z1 diff brace but im having a hard time seeing any truth to that. i just watched the install vid on FI's website and the exhaust doesnt appear to come anywhere near the diff nor does it come close to the rear of the diff. maybe people mean you cant install the diff brace without first removing the exhaust? i dunno.

will also recommend a HX. mishimoto tested a stock unit and found it to heat soak after one pull but far more importantly, it basically didnt cool down afterwards. at least not for a long time. ANY BRAND of HX is going to be fine. none of them are really better than the others. the performance delta between them is miniscule. pick what brand makes you feel proud and move on with life.

when the nittos wear out, grab a set of sticky mickeys or M&Hs to learn what traction actually means. (y)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't speak to the Burger HE, but I've had the AMS (Infiniti-branded) HE installed for about 4 years, and have had no issues, including a lack of heat soak even with high ambient temps.
Nice. That's good info. I don't have a problem paying top dollar for the best quality. But if the differences are negligible I'll take the better value. Either way, I highly value your input.

ANY BRAND of HX is going to be fine. none of them are really better than the others. the performance delta between them is minuscule. pick what brand makes you feel proud and move on with life.

when the nittos wear out, grab a set of sticky mickeys or M&Hs to learn what traction actually means. (y)
Thanks for the info on the HE. I had MT ET Streets, got caught in the rain and they were suicidal. Felt like a bar of soap in a bathtub. I'm going to get the most aggressive summer tire I can while keeping some sort of tread on there. It's a pain in the butt to keep switching out the rear wheels because of how often it rains in FL, especially during the summer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@IridiumRS400, I ordered the BMS Elite high capacity heat exchanger last night. Thanks for the info guys. Once I install that and Z1 Motorsports sends me my final tune it will be dyno time. I’ll share video and data asap 👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm finishing up my tuning with Z1 Motorsports with the following mods

• EcuTek tuned by Z1 Motorsports
  • AMS Red Alpha CAI
  • Boosted 6 Autowerks LDP
  • Fast Intentions CBE
  • Nitto NT05R's 275/40R17 w/ Weld 17x10

In progress

• Researching summer street tires
  • I love "spirited" driving but don't think it warrants an HX
  • Shopping for a vendor to get my tint done (Jacksonville, FL)
  • I'm a purist, so I'd like to leave her looking as-is in the looks department

I'm looking to stick to bolt-ons and don't want to run spray. Love the results so far and will share dyno results/video soon. What else would you guys do?
View attachment 108073 View attachment 108074
View attachment 108075
Hey my sick build. Reminds me of my audi S5 straight bolt on and being a NA motor I really had no choice although I did get a tune but it only produced like 18 hp. Anyhow biggest results for bolt ons at this point is getting that hp to the concrete and limiting the loss, which is substantial, of hp in the drive train and the hps journey to the ground. I think imo my best upgrade after dropping thousands on that POS was a simple $23 billet transmission mount. Then I got full drive train mounts and then motor mounts. All dumb pieces of equipment as in they don't move or create anything special but they do keep everything still and inplace eliminating almost %65-70 of all my vibration loss . After all the mounts were in. You wouldn't think a mount could give you measurable gains but I gained more to the wheel hp with those than I did with a $1300 carbon fiber ram air intake. Then lightweight wheels and rotors and you'll be skipping down the damn road..oh before I forget I also went with a lightweight crank pulley..mine weighed 8 lbs which is the first thing the motor has to do is quickly spin this 8 lb weight well the aftermarket one only weighed 1.5 lbs..the feeling in the pedal was as if you were a smoker for 20 years compared to a non smoker..you could feel it breathing . I saw one for this platform that comes in under a pound lol. They had an equation that essentially showed once spun it actually is as if the wheel weighed nothing at all ..highly highly highly recommend that crank pulley.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hey my sick build. Reminds me of my audi S5 straight bolt on and being a NA motor I really had no choice although I did get a tune but it only produced like 18 hp. Anyhow biggest results for bolt ons at this point is getting that hp to the concrete and limiting the loss, which is substantial, of hp in the drive train and the hps journey to the ground. I think imo my best upgrade after dropping thousands on that POS was a simple $23 billet transmission mount. Then I got full drive train mounts and then motor mounts. All dumb pieces of equipment as in they don't move or create anything special but they do keep everything still and inplace eliminating almost %65-70 of all my vibration loss . After all the mounts were in. You wouldn't think a mount could give you measurable gains but I gained more to the wheel hp with those than I did with a $1300 carbon fiber ram air intake. Then lightweight wheels and rotors and you'll be skipping down the damn road..oh before I forget I also went with a lightweight crank pulley..mine weighed 8 lbs which is the first thing the motor has to do is quickly spin this 8 lb weight well the aftermarket one only weighed 1.5 lbs..the feeling in the pedal was as if you were a smoker for 20 years compared to a non smoker..you could feel it breathing . I saw one for this platform that comes in under a pound lol. They had an equation that essentially showed once spun it actually is as if the wheel weighed nothing at all ..highly highly highly recommend that crank pulley.
Nice! Got a link for the pulley?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey @BettyWhite_on_Bagz! Great info. Thank you. Will definitely look into those. Ended up getting a Burger Motorsports Elite HE that I'm going to install this weekend. Dyno time soon hopefully!

Reactions: Solow_Soslow

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I found one on CZP, made by Unorthodox Racing. It’s 0.7 pounds. Just wasn’t sure if it’s the one @BettyWhite_on_Bagz was referencing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Solar Gard Vortex IR ceramic tint installed :cool:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 28 Posts