Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always stored spare change in my car but I'm not finding a very convenient place to store it in the Q. Best I could come up with was the narrow cubby in the back of the media console but it is not the easiest place to access. Thoughts?:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Never carry change because you may drop it in car seat track and that can be changing experience.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You didn't like using the "not an ashtray" think in front of the shifter?

Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The door pull in the armrest holds my change. The "ashtray" in the console holds the keys. Not having a slot in the dash, to insert the key, is a royal PITA. It's "wonderful" that it senses the key, and all that. However, one still has to carry a key, and place it somewhere. While I'm at it, the console drink holders work perfectly since I recently had my right arm cut off, just to exercise this convenience.

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The door pull in the armrest holds my change. The "ashtray" in the console holds the keys. Not having a slot in the dash, to insert the key, is a royal PITA. It's "wonderful" that it senses the key, and all that. However, one still has to carry a key, and place it somewhere. While I'm at it, the console drink holders work perfectly since I recently had my right arm cut off, just to exercise this convenience.
Yes, there is no dedicated place for change, which is something that has been mysteriously left out of the car, but the "non-ashtray" is fine for that, IMO. But for the keys - your pants don't have pockets? I don't understand the problem. My house and mailbox key are attached to the fob, and they never have to leave my pocket(I'd never leave any key inside a car - security precaution). As far as the armrest is concerned, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - it's perfectly comfortable to me.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Proposed keyholder solution

No place to put your Infiniti key, and all the other keys you have to carry? Tired of keys bulging in your pockets, and wearing holes in said pockets? Here's a modest solution (patent applied for). BTW, if you want a pic of where to place the "change you can believe in", just ask.

Attachments

Reactions: kadair911

·
Registered
40 Posts
I store my change in the slot inside the armrest. It is right next to the hinges in the back of the armrest.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What's change? :D

Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
See picture.
Personally that is what I thought that section in the console was for. But I did actually take the tray thing out of my G before I traded it that I kept my change in and am using it in my Q50 now. Doesn't fit perfectly, but it does the job, and I am not complaining.:cool:

Reactions: Quickfeet32

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
See picture.
Hey, that's my pen holder.

I am going to reconsider a kudos post to Infiniti for that pen holder. Perhaps we ought to have a poll?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quickfeet's picture is what I was describing as the narrow cubby and I also have a pen in there as well. At least we all were coming up with the same options. Thanks all

Reactions: Quickfeet32

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am finding that since there is no good place for it, I'm using my credit card more for the stupid small purchases.

I wish there was something better...

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
LOL! Three months of ownership and did not even realize that was there. Thanks for the pic.
Ditto! I didn't know that spot existed!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

I also didn't realize that "slot" was there until you posted the picture. And I figured out the perfect item to put in it: I have a soft brush to clean off the dust and lint that shows up all too well on the dark plastic(and wood) surfaces. It has a wooden handle, and is the same length as the slot. One less thing in the main armrest compartment. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
No place to put your Infiniti key, and all the other keys you have to carry? Tired of keys bulging in your pockets, and wearing holes in said pockets? Here's a modest solution (patent applied for). BTW, if you want a pic of where to place the "change you can believe in", just ask.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.