Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
RWD, there's just so much fun to be had with RWD.....especially with a big 3.7 6 cylinder powering it :D

can't wait to test drive one.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Depends. Since those who are looking for Sedans likely need the extra 2 doors for a reason (family) the AWD offers that extra security and safety that a family man (or woman) would want. Especially if it rains of snows in your city.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I like AWD for this since it will be a daily driver. I plan on getting the hybrid version. So, having ATTESA around to make sure all that torque is put to the ground will be helpful. Especially when I decide to put my foot in it. I can get my RWD fix with my weekend car.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RWD is nice since it could really be driven as a drivers car btu when you have to consider what the car is used for, thats a different story like one of the others above pointed out some might look in to an AWD for security. I would love to have a RWD but it just makes sense for me to get the AWD so i dont struggle through the tougher months of winter where winter tires dont help.

·
Registered
407 Posts
RWD is nice since it could really be driven as a drivers car btu when you have to consider what the car is used for, thats a different story like one of the others above pointed out some might look in to an AWD for security. I would love to have a RWD but it just makes sense for me to get the AWD so i dont struggle through the tougher months of winter where winter tires dont help.
AWD does help for the winter months, Infiniti's traction control in collaboration with AWD should make for a killer combo for winter driving.

But being able to swing the tail out on a nice snowy parking lot in a RWD vehicle is always fun :D

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm leaning towards AWD, but I'm thinking with the new steering and suspension updates to the Q50, I'm thinking their new sedan might be the most controlled and balanced RWD car Infiniti has ever made.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
AWD does help for the winter months, Infiniti's traction control in collaboration with AWD should make for a killer combo for winter driving.

But being able to swing the tail out on a nice snowy parking lot in a RWD vehicle is always fun :D
It's alot of fun until you accidently overshoot a turn and slam into your neighbors car.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm leaning towards AWD, but I'm thinking with the new steering and suspension updates to the Q50, I'm thinking their new sedan might be the most controlled and balanced RWD car Infiniti has ever made.
whats so different about their new intelligent all wheel drive system compare to the one in the past? Cant seem to find anything about it. How much does the Q50 weigh?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
whats so different about their new intelligent all wheel drive system compare to the one in the past? Cant seem to find anything about it. How much does the Q50 weigh?
It is the same ATTESA E-TS system in the G. I haven't seen anything about the Q50's weight.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
For me its hard to say. I have been disappointed with Infiniti "neutering" their AWD sport sedans. For instance, with the AWD G37 (G37xS) you don't get the upgraded breaks, sport steering, sport suspension, and a couple of smaller things, its mainly an appearance package, yet, the coupe AWD and convertible AWD have all of the sorts package features. Its doesn't make any sense to me. I asked Infiniti on the day the Q50 was released if the RWD and AWD will have the same sports package, and their response was that "they will be similarly equipped". I took that as a no. If they are similarly equipped then I will go for the AWD and keep the all season tires, if not I will go for the RWD and just buy snow tires.

It's alot of fun until you accidently overshoot a turn and slam into your neighbors car.
Speaking from experience? :p

They haven't released any official specs about the intelligent AWD or the weight as far as I know. I'll check around though.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Or it is fun until a group of kids are playing in the snow and one runs out in the street.. You should go do that in a industrial area not a residential area..:mad:

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
For me its hard to say. I have been disappointed with Infiniti "neutering" their AWD sport sedans. For instance, with the AWD G37 (G37xS) you don't get the upgraded breaks, sport steering, sport suspension, and a couple of smaller things, its mainly an appearance package, yet, the coupe AWD and convertible AWD have all of the sorts package features. Its doesn't make any sense to me. I asked Infiniti on the day the Q50 was released if the RWD and AWD will have the same sports package, and their response was that "they will be similarly equipped". I took that as a no. If they are similarly equipped then I will go for the AWD and keep the all season tires, if not I will go for the RWD and just buy snow tires.

Speaking from experience? :p

They haven't released any official specs about the intelligent AWD or the weight as far as I know. I'll check around though.
Th m37xs does have the sport brakes so I am pretty sure the new q50 wad sport will have the 4 piston front calipers..

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Infiniti's AWD ONLY kicks in when traction controll kicks in. If you shut off the traction controll on a AWD car then you have a RWD car!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Th m37xs does have the sport brakes so I am pretty sure the new q50 wad sport will have the 4 piston front calipers..
Right, but what doesn't make sense is that they put it on all of the other models except the G37xs sedan only, even after the midmodel refresh. Which, if memory serves me correctly, is when the M37 came out. I hope I'm wrong but right now I doubt the awd will have all of the sports components the rwd has.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Right, but what doesn't make sense is that they put it on all of the other models except the G37xs sedan only, even after the midmodel refresh. Which, if memory serves me correctly, is when the M37 came out. I hope I'm wrong but right now I doubt the awd will have all of the sports components the rwd has.

They really did not do a refresh the G37x. In 2010 they added back up camera, bluetooth and homelink as standard equipment and moved the foglights down but nothing more. The M37xs just came out this year and it has the sport brakes so I am sure the Q50 AWD sport witll have these brakes..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts