Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
AWD normally introduces parasitic loss through the extra differential and set of wheels it's driving, but Infiniti is rear-biased. It's RWD until the front senses slippage, then power gets diverted.

Long story short, off the line they should match with the AWD being a tiny bit slower thanks to weight.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea, for 0-60 AWD is heavier of the 2 and should result in slower time but not by much, i would think! Dont see what would make the AWD faster!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Has anyone tried this with 'snow' mode turned on? AWD cars generally have much better launch but I think snow mode affects the gearing as well so it might not help.
AWD only has better launch times when the car is putting down so much power there's slippage to the main drive wheels. The GTR, WRX STi and Evolution all need AWD because they're breaking the tires loose on every launch. Since the G37 and Q50 aren't threatening to melt their tires on launch, the rear biased AWD is a small drawback. A very, very tiny drawback.

Now, when the rumored 500+ hp beast arrives, we can revisit the topic. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Plus, "snow" mode simply retards the throttle. IT DOES NOT AFFECT AWD ENGAGEMENT. So turning on snow mode will give you slower 0-60 times.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
99 Posts
The AWD in Infiniti is basically RWD.

If you were to compare a true AWD system to RWD the AWD should hook better at launch.
I remember reading somewhere that ATTESA E-TS in G37x always starts at 25/75 split front to rear and moves to 0/100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.