Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few around here and there. I'm wondering which Houstonians are on here or who I may have seen. It's funny because I do a double take. I'm like, "Whoa, what's that car," for a split second before I'm like, "Whoa, that's my car!" Those angry, get out of my way, left-lane poker, headlights are still unique for now. Other manufactures are so going to copy the angry eye look at some point. Grrr.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Don't have a Q, but I'm in Houston. ;P

I have def started to see more Q's driving around though. Saw one the other night on the opposite side of Hwy 6 and the lights captured me. Just like you said, I didn't immediately recognize it as a Q50 but something just caught my eye and then I was like "ITS A Q50!!"

Also last night on 59 & W. Airport before I exited I saw some unique tail lights and told myself, "I bet that was a Q50!" and sure enough it was and it exited also so I got a chance to look at it pretty good. It definitely looks good on the road and the thing is the last few I have seen were Premiums with the 17s and they STILL look good!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have a Q, but I'm in Houston. ;P

I have def started to see more Q's driving around though. Saw one the other night on the opposite side of Hwy 6 and the lights captured me. Just like you said, I didn't immediately recognize it as a Q50 but something just caught my eye and then I was like "ITS A Q50!!"

Also last night on 59 & W. Airport before I exited I saw some unique tail lights and told myself, "I bet that was a Q50!" and sure enough it was and it exited also so I got a chance to look at it pretty good. It definitely looks good on the road and the thing is the last few I have seen were Premiums with the 17s and they STILL look good!
Seeing others on the road has so helped me be satisfied with my purchase. Obviously I can't watch myself drive, unless I'm next to a reflective building, but yea, I seriously don't notice them initially as Q50s. I just react to seeing the LEDs and the shape of the car, look in its direction, and after a half second or so realize it's a Q50. They really made a good looking car. I hope people are doing the same double takes when they see me.

Reactions: JayG35

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
They are going to keep popping up more and more in large metropolitan areas. You can't sell 5,000 of these a month and expect that they aren't seen. I'm lucky enough to be in Infiniti's largest market (same for the Nissan brand). Some days I see more Infiniti Ms than I do 5-series, even though the 5 outsells it about 10 to 1.:eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm from Dallas and will be in Houston this weekend. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same car as you except it's not a hybrid...fully loaded, though. I'm in the Cypress area. I finally saw a white one the other day.
I've seen a few around now, but today saw my first Q50S Hybrid other than myself. That was kind of fun.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are going to keep popping up more and more in large metropolitan areas. You can't sell 5,000 of these a month and expect that they aren't seen. I'm lucky enough to be in Infiniti's largest market (same for the Nissan brand). Some days I see more Infiniti Ms than I do 5-series, even though the 5 outsells it about 10 to 1.:eek:

Where are you, Jay?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Where are you, Jay?
I'm in northeastern NJ, about 5 miles from Manhattan and the Chris Christie... er, I mean George Washington Bridge.:D:eek:

Nissan/Infiniti does very well in this metropolitan area (including Connecticut), and I believe that the press release for one of their recent redesigns (the last G or M maybe or the new Altima?) mentioned the NY metro as their top sales market. Not far behind were the usual suspects: LA, DC, south FL, etc.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in northeastern NJ, about 5 miles from Manhattan and the Chris Christie... er, I mean George Washington Bridge.:D:eek:

Nissan/Infiniti does very well in this metropolitan area (including Connecticut), and I believe that the press release for one of their recent redesigns (the last G or M maybe or the new Altima?) mentioned the NY metro as their top sales market. Not far behind were the usual suspects: LA, DC, south FL, etc.
Cool! Yea, "poor" Christie and his scandal. It's made for some funny someecards.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Cool! Yea, "poor" Christie and his scandal. It's made for some funny someecards.
Yes it has!

It's really not much of a "scandal", mean-spirited as it may have been. But knowing traffic in this region, it sure seems worse than it is.:D It can take 2 hours to cross that stupid bridge without someone closing lanes in a political pissing contest.:eek: My wonderful old 1995 Maxima must have spent about 1% of its long 10-year life with my family crossing those god-forsaken Hudson River bridges/tunnels. I used to go to a school in downtown Brooklyn and my sister (a theater major at the time) had voice lessons on the upper west side. I don't take the G35 into NYC, though my dad used to when it was his.

Bah, all these politicians have some degree of dirt and scandalous behavior going on. I laugh at the media hyperbole when one gets caught. Throw them all out every 2/4 years and start over again- it's all we can do.:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.