Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am reading the owner's manual for a second time and, this time, I am reading everything and going slow (and taking notes). Even if the topic heading seems basic and I say to myself "I know everything about this topic, I couldn't possibly learn anything new", I am still reading it!

Well, I guess I missed it the first time but you know how we have the door handle sensor to unlock the door with your hand while the key fob stays in your pocket? And then there is the button on the handle to lock all four doors? Well, I thought the handle unlock sensor was only for that particular door (driver or passenger front). I learned tonight that if you unlock one of the front doors with the hand sensor but then press the "lock" button within 60 seconds, all four doors unlock!! :celebrate:

I used to either 1.) use the fob buttons to open all four doors or 2.) open the front door and hit the unlock button. Now I can truly leave the fob in my pocket.

I am soooo stoked! :D

Perhaps most of you guys know about this already but if just one person learns about this feature from this thread, then it was worth creating the thread. I think I remember someone complaining about not being able to open all four doors in the 'What I don't like about my Q50' thread. So, hopefully this helps some. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, actually you can simply change that setting in the intouch system. You can unlock all four doors at the same time by touching any one of the four doors' unlock sensors.
Thanks elf. I will definitely look into that. I thought only the two front doors had the sensors?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Heres another feature that will blow your mind. Press the unlock button once, and then press and hold onto it for 10-15 seconds. Watch what happens and be in amazement

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,232 Posts
The US version of the Q50 does not have door lock sensors in the rear doors, only the front doors. However, whether you have two or four door lock sensors, you can go into the Menu settings and select whether the door sensor unlocks just that door or unlocks all doors.

Go to:

Menu > Settings > Vehicle > Selective Door Unlock

When this is enabled, only the door lock with the door sensor is unlocked. When disabled, all doors will unlock when a door sensor is touched.

All the touch sensitive door handle sensors can be turned on or off also.

Menu > Settings > Vehicle > Touch Sensitive Door Sensor

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,232 Posts
Heres another feature that will blow your mind. Press the unlock button once, and then press and hold onto it for 10-15 seconds. Watch what happens and be in amazement
I used that yesterday after the car sat in the sun for a few hours. The only thing I don't like about that is you can't close all the windows and sunroof at the same time after using that. You have to close everything by activating the individual window and sunroof switches. I'm sure this is done to prevent someone from getting their arm or some other body part accidently pinned by one of the windows or sunroof even though there already is an auto-reverse function that detects something caught in the window as it is closing and automatically lowers the window.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Aye love that feature since I found out they had it even on my 02 altima, black car with black interior and the A/C didn't really work...
I measured the interior temperature on a particularly hot day when I forgot to open the sun-roof, she hit 76C (168F) after sitting
out in the sun all day.

My roommate at the time actually tried to bake cookies on his dash that day... It nearly worked.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Aye love that feature since I found out they had it even on my 02 altima, black car with black interior and the A/C didn't really work...
I measured the interior temperature on a particularly hot day when I forgot to open the sun-roof, she hit 76C (168F) after sitting
out in the sun all day.

My roommate at the time actually tried to bake cookies on his dash that day... It nearly worked.
Yeap. Guess Nissan/Infiniti had this feature in alot of their vehicles. My 02 Pathfinder had it as well. Also worked putting the key in the door cylinder and turning right and holding it right worked as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha! That's the other thing I read about (and wrote down in my notes) but haven't tested yet. From what I read, this will lower the windows and/or open the sunroof. ? In the owner's manual, the steps for opening the windows and sunroof using the fob appeared to be identical so I assume they all open at once?

My Maxima's windows can be rolled down by holding the unlock button on the fob (no need to press unlock once first); my S4 can be rolled down with unlock, and rolled up with lock (needed software and a laptop to set this though); my TL can't do squat.

·
Super Moderator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried the hold down the unlock button trick after work yesterday. You do not need to press unlock and then hold (as others, including the owner's manual, have said), you can just hold unlock. Looks like the windows go all the way down and the sunroof opens halfway?

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,232 Posts
I tried the hold down the unlock button trick after work yesterday. You do not need to press unlock and then hold (as others, including the owner's manual, have said), you can just hold unlock. Looks like the windows go all the way down and the sunroof opens halfway?
That's correct. Just hold the unlock button and until the windows and sunroof will start to open. Depending on how long you hold the unlock button down after they start to move determines how far the windows and sunroof open. Hold it down long enough and all will completely open.

·
Super Moderator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: jes1888

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used that yesterday after the car sat in the sun for a few hours. The only thing I don't like about that is you can't close all the windows and sunroof at the same time after using that. You have to close everything by activating the individual window and sunroof switches. I'm sure this is done to prevent someone from getting their arm or some other body part accidently pinned by one of the windows or sunroof even though there already is an auto-reverse function that detects something caught in the window as it is closing and automatically lowers the window.
You can close the windows by remote using the lock button hold down. Only thing is it will not close the sunroof.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,232 Posts

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,232 Posts
You can close the windows by remote using the lock button hold down. Only thing is it will not close the sunroof.
Hmm. Not on my 2018.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts