Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m looking at new rims and tires for my 2018 Q50 RS AWD. Im getting an FBO/Tune setup and want to make sure I can put down all the power without TCS stepping in. I’m thinking about going with 19x10 rims with a +45 offset, and putting 285/35/19 tires on them.

1.) Will the wider tires adversely affect handling? (I’m hoping it will help with traction while also being lighter than stock, so it should hopefully improve it).

2.) Will this rim/tire size be the optimal combination to increase grip while safely fitting into the wheel well without rubbing? (Considering lowering~1” on BC’s at some point, but don’t want to get off into the weeds here).

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a RWD and my setup is 19x10 front and 19x11 rear. I absolutely love the look and improved traction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a RWD and my setup is 19x10 front and 19x11 rear. I absolutely love the look and improved traction.
Thanks for responding! Glad to hear that’s working out for you. Do you know what offset and tire size you are running? Do you experience any rubbing during suspension travel or tight cornering? And are you lowered or stock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If only there was a thread with a lot of good information in it.
I’ve spent hours searching this forum and haven’t found my exact setup. It feels like I’ve read every thread by now, and seen plenty of your posts. I’m sorry if it feels like this has been gone over, but I just want some reassurance from other knowledgeable people before I drop 4K on a new setup. I’ve never purchased aftermarket wheels. If you can point me to a square setup sporting 19x10s with 275+ tires at an OD that’s as close as possible to stock, with good information on its practicality, I’d be grateful.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for responding! Glad to hear that’s working out for you. Do you know what offset and tire size you are running? Do you experience any rubbing during suspension travel or tight cornering? And are you lowered or stock?
I have MRR (or MMR) GT350 replica wheels. I want to say their offset is 40 and 55. Find my thread where I listed all of that information. I’m on Swift lowering springs and I don’t have any issues. I run 275/35 and 305/30. That’s a hair shorter than stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have MRR (or MMR) GT350 replica wheels. I want to say their offset is 40 and 55. Find my thread where I listed all of that information. I’m on Swift lowering springs and I don’t have any issues. I run 275/35 and 305/30. That’s a hair shorter than stock.
Thank you, will do.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,883 Posts
AWD... Go 255 front and rear. PLENTY of tire for the car, and has the most rotating options. Especially if the tires are bidirectional. Mine has that setup and I don't see any reason to go wider.

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AWD... Go 255 front and rear. PLENTY of tire for the car, and has the most rotating options. Especially if the tires are bidirectional. Mine has that setup and I don't see any reason to go wider.
So with TCS off and 500+ lb-ft of torque you don’t get any wheel spin under WOT during a launch?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,883 Posts
So with TCS off and 500+ lb-ft of torque you don’t get any wheel spin under WOT during a launch?
With VDC (traction control) off, I get 4 wheel spin in 1st and 2nd. Keep in mind I have both front and rear LSDs. A LSD is a must have in a tuned FBO RWD. IMHO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With VDC (traction control) off, I get 4 wheel spin in 1st and 2nd. Keep in mind I have both front and rear LSDs. A LSD is a must have in a tuned FBO RWD. IMHO.
Yeah, that’s my worry. You seem to have a pretty unreal setup that I’d kill to have, but if you have TCS stepping in, I’d have to imagine you’re not putting down all the power you could be. I’m AWD too (no lsd’s, and definitely won’t be making as much power as you are) but if gonna spend cash I really want to capitalize on that grip and acceleration. I may drag this car a few times, but I really just want a grip monster that will crush 0-60 and hold corners really well.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,883 Posts
Yeah, that’s my worry. You seem to have a pretty unreal setup that I’d kill to have, but if you have TCS stepping in, I’d have to imagine you’re not putting down all the power you could be. I’m AWD too (no lsd’s, and definitely won’t be making as much power as you are) but if gonna spend cash I really want to capitalize on that grip and acceleration. I may drag this car a few times, but I really just want a grip monster that will crush 0-60 and hold corners really well.
My car with VDC (the correct term for our TC) off pulls very well. Just a rear LSD makes a big difference, even in an AWD.

Brake Torque Vectoring activates the brake on a spinning wheel which then applies that amount of resistance to the opposite side wheel in the form of torque. The ECU also reduces power output of the motor until weel spin is no longer detected.

Reactions: FiniGang
1 - 12 of 12 Posts