Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get this car or the M37xs when it comes out. I currently have a Maxima and a 2011 FX35 that my wife has stole from me. I Love the A/C seats in the maxima and the FX but it looks like the Q50 only has 1 button for heated seats , does anyone know if that button just activates it in the I-Touch screen so you can choose heat or A/C and the intenseity? I also do not see the button for the heated steering wheel wheel button where it should be, does anyone know if it will have these options? It would kinda suck if the Maxima has these options and the Q50 does not and that is one of the reasons I chose the Maxima over the G37x in 2010. My lease is up in 9 months so I will get a Infiniti and really want it to be the Q50 and hopefully they did not skimp on those 2 features!!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the Maxima have a AC seat and the new q50 will not have it?
I have it in the maxima and the FX35 and I love the AC seats in the summer!! These really does suck I was going to get the Q50 when it first came out but they might have sick deals on the M37x since they are renameing it so I might go there.. It is nice to get a brand new car when it first comes out. I got a Acura CL type-s in March 2000 and no one else had it and so many people would be like "what kinda car is that" I did debadge it!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
How does the Maxima have a AC seat and the new q50 will not have it?
I have it in the maxima and the FX35 and I love the AC seats in the summer!! These really does suck I was going to get the Q50 when it first came out but they might have sick deals on the M37x since they are renameing it so I might go there.. It is nice to get a brand new car when it first comes out. I got a Acura CL type-s in March 2000 and no one else had it and so many people would be like "what kinda car is that" I did debadge it!
Here's how I look at it.

The Maxima is the Maxima. Nissan's division of luxury and performance is different than Infiniti's, despite the fact that they share some parts.

The fact is, the Maxima is probably as different from the G and Q50 than any other car out there.

The Maxima, in comparison to luxury (not in terms of performance or price point) with the Altima, is a lot closer to the comparison to the M37 with the G37. So, in that regard, you can probably see why there wouldn't be A/C seats in the G37/Q50 but there would be A/C seats in the M37/Q70..

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I was hoping that the Q50 would have the AC seats since i have nbever had the pleasure of this feature yet. i can definitely see this on the M series instead being higher up in class.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would have been nice to have but I don't think it's a deal breaker. I didn't know the Maxima had ventilated seats, that is very neat.

The Maxima has a heated and A/C seat (just driver) and only heated passenger seat. It also has heated steering wheel and panoramic roof which is not offered in any infniti's.. It also has ac/radio controls in the back but it is pointless 2 me..

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
The Maxima has a heated and A/C seat (just driver) and only heated passenger seat. It also has heated steering wheel and panoramic roof which is not offered in any infniti's.. It also has ac/radio controls in the back but it is pointless 2 me..
And they get auto diming side mirrors that tilt down in reverse. I would love to have that feature in addition to ventalated seats.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Weird how A/C seats are on the Maxima but not one Infiniti. It's about time Infiniti's have this feature.

There's a good chance the Q50 could have it being one of the first totally new cars from the brand. BUT it will be good for them if they don't include it right away so they have have even more things to include for the yearly updates.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Weird how A/C seats are on the Maxima but not one Infiniti. It's about time Infiniti's have this feature.

There's a good chance the Q50 could have it being one of the first totally new cars from the brand. BUT it will be good for them if they don't include it right away so they have have even more things to include for the yearly updates.
No one said that there aren't A/C seats on the Infinitis. They just aren't available on the G/Q50 at the moment.

I believe A/C seats are available on the Infiniti M37/56, FX37/50, and JX35

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No one said that there aren't A/C seats on the Infinitis. They just aren't available on the G/Q50 at the moment.

I believe A/C seats are available on the Infiniti M37/56, FX37/50, and JX35
The M37 has ac seats in the premium package (which all cars come with) standard on the M56... The fx USED to have it in the premium package untill 2012 when they moved it to the deluxe touring package so now you have to get a FX with MSRP of over $53K for AC seats where it used to be in a FX under 50K. The JX has it in the deluxe touring package but u have to get premium and theater package to get the touring package which is also above $53K.. The QX you also have to get the deluxe touring package which is now $75K to get AC seats..

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Infiniti has a tendency to do that. I know many JX owners complained about having to get packages they didnt really want just to get the one feature they did want.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
That rediculous, I wouldnt get a whole different package if it had one feature in it that i wanted. I hate when this happens and you end up spending money on accessories especially when its not necessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was really hoping for ventilated seats myself. It's not a deal breaker for me, down here in Texas it's extremely appreciated. Considering I am still undecided in between the Q50 n the Lexus IS350, I definitely hope its available on the Q50. Just like most luxury cars have heated components
there should also be ventilated

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
In the more hotter reason that would make sense to be a standard if its sold otu ther right. I dont see why they cant implement that feature in to the Q50. Before i used to think heated seats are premium and all but now they come in corollas and jettas with cloth. So why can they just have vented seats.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
In the more hotter reason that would make sense to be a standard if its sold otu ther right. I dont see why they cant implement that feature in to the Q50. Before i used to think heated seats are premium and all but now they come in corollas and jettas with cloth. So why can they just have vented seats.
I think it's segment-itis and a human factor element here..

Between it's competition, you'll rarely find ventilated seats as an available option. I think even from a human factor perspective, it's easier for the body to cool down than it is to warm up, so although ventilated seats is a nice feature, I don't think it's a feature that is useful quite as often as heated seats are.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts