Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
im absolutely hopeless when it comes to modification, I’ve see the threads on here regarding wheels but still not 100% sure. I’ve seen some used AXE wheels and wondering if they will fit my car , it’s the offset I’m stuck on. The wheels sizes are below, many thanks for any advise/ help on this.
20” x 8.5 114.3 x et 38

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a link to a video that i think may help (see link below). I believe these wheels would fit your car without any issues. The bigger question is how much or how little you want the wheels to poke outside of the fenders for the look you're going for. I would recommend you check the fitment industries website (see link below) for a better idea of the stance you want (tucked, flush, poke). Offsets get tricky and will be different for all different wheels and wheel widths. I would hate to buy aftermarket wheels just for them to be as tucked into the wheel well as the stock wheels.
You can also check the "Official Wheel And Tire Fitment" (see link below) thread, but will have to read a sh!t load of comments/replys before getting an answer to your question.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Here is a link to a video that i think may help (see link below). I believe these wheels would fit your car without any issues. The bigger question is how much or how little you want the wheels to poke outside of the fenders for the look you're going for. I would recommend you check the fitment industries website (see link below) for a better idea of the stance you want (tucked, flush, poke). Offsets get tricky and will be different for all different wheels and wheel widths. I would hate to buy aftermarket wheels just for them to be as tucked into the wheel well as the stock wheels.
You can also check the "Official Wheel And Tire Fitment" (see link below) thread, but will have to read a sh!t load of comments/replys before getting an answer to your question.
the firstbpost had all fitments until a month ago.

in short, an 8.5 +38 is fine. a 9" +38 is fine as well...all around "square" fitment.

Id suggest a 19x9 versus a 20x8.5. Tall wheel and narrow tire with low profile is not ideal.

you can run a 255/40/19...enough profile and grip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies and help. the reason I wanted th 20” is that I’m saving nearly £500 sterling as they are two weeks old from someone who bought the incorrect

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Thanks for your replies and help. the reason I wanted th 20” is that I’m saving nearly £500 sterling as they are two weeks old from someone who bought the incorrect
So, you are going to save 500 pounds and spend god knows how much in order to buy someone else's mistake.

I am being facetious. It will look like this:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take on board what you have said, from this I’m not buying and thanks as I nearly bought this morning. However I’m keeping the suspension stock want something like vosen style but not the price, what size and offset would you recommend, it’s so blinking complicated if you have never changed wheels before
thanks again for helping

·
Registered
307 Posts
No probs here with 245/35 on 20"/8.5"...

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Take on board what you have said, from this I’m not buying and thanks as I nearly bought this morning. However I’m keeping the suspension stock want something like vosen style but not the price, what size and offset would you recommend, it’s so blinking complicated if you have never changed wheels before
thanks again for helping
Please check out the wheel and tire fitment thread. You will get some ideas there.

With stock suspension, I can give you the stock wheel specs for AWD and RWD...and those are on the first page of the wheel and tire thread.

From there, you can use willtheyfit.com and see what width/offset/tire size works.

Do you have sport brakes? Do you have AWD or RWD?

Plan to spend up to $350 per wheel. Look for "low pressure cast". Try to stay away from "gravity cast".

You can read up on different manufacturing methods all over the web. TireRack has some useful information as well.

And, in all honesty, your best bet is to get on tire-rack and get a better idea of what you want.

Here is the wheel and tire fitment thread.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Do you want to do a staggered setup (since you have RWD) or do you want to go with a square setup? You may have more choices in a staggered setup, but you won't be able to rotate your tires front to rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts