Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is really minor, and I didn't really do anything to my Q, but I wanted to share this because I am pretty happy with it. Picked up this custom fit windshield cover for the Q50. Fits very well and I'm happy with it. All you have to do is close up a velcro strap behind the mirror and fold the visors up. It folds nicely into an included carrying case.

Had to get it because of this insane heat. Even with remote start, everything in the car hurts to touch when you first get in. This, combined with my drug dealer window tint (thanks @Avedis53), makes the car perfectly cool when I remote start it for a minute or so.

I also personally do not want to get a windshield tint for safety reasons at night - plus I am not sure it would help much with the heat.

Car Vehicle Black Speedometer Automotive design

Car Plant Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,360 Posts
I absolutely hate July and August here in Minnesota. I don't know how those of you "down south" deal with it and for such a long period during the year.

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
335 Posts
Reactions: nickdaria

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I absolutely hate July and August here in Minnesota. I don't know how those of you "down south" deal with it and for such a long period during the year.
It's genuine torture. Last month was awful, but August is typically pretty bad too so I'm gearing up. I always tell people that there are two weeks where Alabama has the most pristine weather, the rest of the year is either freezing or hotter than the sun.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@nickdaria great find and thanks for sharing
Of course, I was between a few options, and I even got a quote for a very light windshield tint, but when I checked a few of their samples I realized that the % tint that would accomplish the heat reduction I wanted would just be dangerous at night.

This thing works plenty well for me, so hopefully I save a fellow southern Q50 owners' skin from a 2000F wheel and seatbelt. :LOL:

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,595 Posts
It's genuine torture. Last month was awful, but August is typically pretty bad too so I'm gearing up. I always tell people that there are two weeks where Alabama has the most pristine weather, the rest of the year is either freezing or hotter than the sun.
71 degrees and sunny here today with almost no wind.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Font Communication Device Clock Screenshot Mobile device

Nuff said…

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im in Florida and a good sunshade is a must have. Also as im getting ready to leave work i usually remote start to start getting it cooled down in the car lol
I do as well but the wheel and seatbelt and seats are typically still hot as hell, even with remote start

·
Premium Member
181 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,762 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice find there Nick, come on -30, im one that can't handle the heat either, the cold I'll take any day.
You don't sweat in the cold. And you can dress for the cold.

You're SOL in the heat.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
I do as well but the wheel and seatbelt and seats are typically still hot as hell, even with remote start
I always found it amusing when I saw a metal shift knob for a manual Subaru. WTF?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,595 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,595 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Global warming is a farce!
Now, that I whole heartedly agree with. It's all a political ploy to control us. We have so little data (timeline-wise), how do we know that these are not "normal" fluctuations?

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts