Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
Now, that I whole heartedly agree with. It's all a political ploy to control us. We have so little data (timeline-wise), how do we know that these are not "normal" fluctuations?
I was being factious. Political ploy to control us? No. Conversely, how do we know that these are "normal' fluctuations?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,377 Posts
I was being factious. Political ploy to control us? No. Conversely, how do we know that these are "normal' fluctuations?
The push toward electric vehicles and the banning of natural gas in buildings in some locations. Electricity can be metered and regulated..."You've used your monthly allotment of electricity Mr Tin Man, guess you can't charge your Tesla and will have to walk the rest of the month. Be glad you don't live in Alabama."

And true, we don't know.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If we don’t have enough data to prove that it’s not normal fluctuations, then we don’t have enough data to prove that it’s abnormal fluctuations. Therefore, I’d suggest we be reticent of our impact on the environment while NOT crippling our economies with full send green agendas. Let the market naturally evolve to EVs/hybrids without legislating it. Invest in alternative/sustainable clean fuel technology WHILE producing fossil fuels, and for God’s sake, start building nuclear power plants!!! Nuclear powered aircraft carriers and submarines have proven over the last 4 decades that atomic energy can be harnessed safely and cleanly!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
The push toward electric vehicles and the banning of natural gas in buildings in some locations. Electricity can be metered and regulated..."You've used your monthly allotment of electricity Mr Tin Man, guess you can't charge your Tesla and will have to walk the rest of the month. Be glad you don't live in Alabama."

And true, we don't know.
You need to take off that aluminum foil hat.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,763 Posts
I'm not sure about the ads in the U.S., but here I've been seeing ads from GM. That when you buy an EV from them, they will come and install a charging system at your house.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
A lot of the heat from siting out in the sun is because the inside air has no where to go, cracking the sun-roof just a smidge will let a lot of the trapped
heat out and make the interior far more bearable especially for a black interior.

But Windshield covers aren't a bad idea either especially if you're not sure there will be rain and want to risk your interior getting soaked.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I know this is really minor, and I didn't really do anything to my Q, but I wanted to share this because I am pretty happy with it. Picked up this custom fit windshield cover for the Q50. Fits very well and I'm happy with it. All you have to do is close up a velcro strap behind the mirror and fold the visors up. It folds nicely into an included carrying case.

Had to get it because of this insane heat. Even with remote start, everything in the car hurts to touch when you first get in. This, combined with my drug dealer window tint (thanks @Avedis53), makes the car perfectly cool when I remote start it for a minute or so.

I also personally do not want to get a windshield tint for safety reasons at night - plus I am not sure it would help much with the heat.

View attachment 109651
View attachment 109652
View attachment 109653
I've used something like that for decades now. And I am in Wisconsin!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Short term fluctuations. During the last 2 million years the earth has had 12 ice ages each 125K to 150K long with about 10K years of warmer interglacial years. The last one ended about 10K years ago. Do you think that will suddenly stop? If global warming is man made I say keep it up.

Read the novel "Fallen Angels" By Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle for an interesting take.

I live in the remnants of the last ice age's effects. Kettle Moraine country. Lots of gravel quarries around here. And of course the great lakes. It happened yesterday in geological terms. The ground is still rising after the glacial compression around here.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Beats baking in the sun.
C'mon Pill. Everybody knows that Minnesota has six months of winter followed by six months of lousy sledding.

·
Registered
637 Posts
We are looking at temperatures in Texas of 109-110°F and that's not including the heat index. I fly back tomorrow morning from Playa del Carmen, Mexico and it's much cooler here, but more humid, but it still feels better than Texas!

@nickdaria You may want to look into XPEL Platinum Plus for your front windshield. I have it done on mine at 70% light transmissibility and it has no effect on night time safety for me. It's a ceramic so it will reject a lot of that heat.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
73 and sunny here! Winds are gusting to 25 though.

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
C'mon Pill. Everybody knows that Minnesota has six months of winter followed by six months of lousy sledding.
I invite you over today...and bring your Flexible Flyer.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
@nickdaria, just realized you have black part facing out. It should be the other way (silver side facing out)

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
@nickdaria, just realized you have black part facing out. It should be the other way (silver side facing out)
Yeah, I noticed it as soon as I posted. I just wasn't paying attention, and I was hoping noone else would :LOL:

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
Yeah, I noticed it as soon as I posted. I just wasn't paying attention, and I was hoping noone else would :LOL:
What's wrong with that? That's what I do to keep the car warm!

Reactions: nickdaria

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This thread took one hell of a turn lol
I feel that every thread either dies a good read, or lives long enough to see itself turn into a political shitstorm.

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
I feel that every thread either dies a good read, or lives long enough to see itself turn into a political shitstorm.
Shitstorms...I'm guessing those are from global warming too.

• Haha
Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
This thread took one hell of a turn lol
Welcome to the Q50 forums, expect nearly every thread to get de-railed in some capacity after
the initial topic has been discussed. lol

21 - 40 of 57 Posts