Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,377 Posts
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Font Wheel

And a good album too.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
@nickdaria, just realized you have black part facing out. It should be the other way (silver side facing out)
Black side out in winter to help defrost the windshield. Silver out in summer to deflect heat. I see he has corrected it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What percent do you have? Also about the windshield, I have 40% ceramic across my windshield and it isn't noticeable looking out of unless you specifically look to see it, and it definitely cuts down heat
Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Car

Cloud Automotive side-view mirror Mirror Plant Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I also personally do not want to get a windshield tint for safety reasons at night - plus I am not sure it would help much with the heat.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
What percent do you have? Also about the windshield, I have 40% ceramic across my windshield and it isn't noticeable looking out of unless you specifically look to see it, and it definitely cuts down heat View attachment 109765
View attachment 109763
View attachment 109764
I have 5% on my windows. Is driving at night okay with that? I fear driving at night with a tinted windshield since I do a lot of highway driving and I don't want to risk missing the wrong deer because it's dark.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is driving at night okay with that?
To me yes,I can barely tell tbh. I’ve had pedestrians run across unlit roads and I can see them well ahead of time. I’ll post some pics here tonight of what it’s like looking out of the windshield from my POV.
Edit: adding terrible ss from back seat on highway at like 11:40pm
Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive mirror

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
I have 5% on my windows. Is driving at night okay with that? I fear driving at night with a tinted windshield since I do a lot of highway driving and I don't want to risk missing the wrong deer because it's dark.
There are no right deer, only wrong ones. And you do want to miss them.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
There are no right deer, only wrong ones. And you do want to miss them.
Elk are a lot bigger and they are all around here. Here's what a bull elk can do to your car:

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

A 900 lb bull elk took out this Smart Car:

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

They're so tall they go right into the windshield. What's really bad is if they're still alive and start flaying their legs around in the cockpit.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Let me know if you want any other angles, like you can see in the wet picture it doesn’t differ much from what it looks like with the window down.
Thanks a ton man. Honestly, if you could, snap a pic next time you find yourself on a highway w/o streetlights. That's my biggest concern.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
To me yes,I can barely tell tbh. I’ve had pedestrians run across unlit roads and I can see them well ahead of time. I’ll post some pics here tonight of what it’s like looking out of the windshield from my POV.
Edit: adding terrible ss from back seat on highway at like 11:40pm
View attachment 109800
Not a fair representation of the risk. Your showing a picture on a lighted road. How about an unlit road relying solely on your headlights. Seeing deer or other animals (or even people) in that situation with a tinted windshield is risky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s always hard to find sunshades that would fit the car’s windows perfectly. They are manufactured in a way they fit many car models at a time, and that’s why they never fit the windows perfectly.
The only company that makes really good custom shades are Snap Shades, and that’s why I always order from them. The quality of the building is the best, and they also help to protect the people inside the car from dangerous UV light. It is especially important for kids because it’s dangerous to be in the sun.
You can choose the exact car model you have at their website, and they will deliver the sunshades.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
For now, is this a bit better for a dark neighborhood? There’s no streetlights that I can see personally just my headlights. I'll do it tonight when I go out no worries. View attachment 109839
Is that a chupacabra in the photo?

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
Smart people get a kick out of making us dumb ones Google their **** all the time.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
I'm just yanking your chain.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Fawn

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Damn Av! Feed your chihuahua!!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts