Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
Allen, Texas
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions / war stories on replacing a windshield on our Q50’s?

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,960 Posts
I'd be inclined to call your dealer and see who they recommend or use for glass replacement, as most dealerships don't do their own. If it is a large dealer group, they probably run their own glass division (along with a PDR division). That way your chances are greater of getting a tech that is familiar with Infinitis.

· Registered
729 Posts
I had to have one replaced on my G37. Used Safelite and never had any issues with it. But a call to the dealer won't hurt either, just to see what they recommend.

· Premium Member
904 Posts
I used safelite and made sure that they only installed the oem glass since I have oem coverage. Also I took it to there shop so that work was done right the first time. They did a really good job and I can’t complain. Also all the sensors were re-calibrated and are working great.

· Premium Member
6,960 Posts
Yes, I would also go out of my way to take it to their shop rather than have it replaced in the parking lot at work or in my garage at home. Chances are there would be another tech to lend a hand in the shop rather than the one guy out in the field by themselves, and a controlled, indoor environment would be better in my mind rather than out in the elements.

Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
2019 - Q50 - 3.0t - JB1 - axle back exhaust - 19" with 255s
106 Posts
Just had mine replace last week due to hurricane damage. Body shop had safelite install, no issue and nice install.

· Premium Member
Allen, Texas
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Safelite shop appointment made - thanks everyone for the advice!

· Premium Member
6,960 Posts
Safelite shop appointment made - thanks everyone for the advice!
Good luck.

Make sure to carefully inspect the work before accepting the job as complete.

I few years ago I had the windshields replaced on our 2013 Escape and on my mother-in-law's 2010 Escape within a few months of one another by the same shop, in-house at a large dealer group that includes more than one Ford store. The install on the 2013 was flawless. On the 2010 there was sealant oozing out from behind one of the A-pillar interior trim pieces. Other than having to clean it up after it dried, there were no issues with wind noise or water leaks, but I was still a little ticked that I had to clean up after the tech (I didn't see it until I was home and it was a bit of a drive to the facility, so I did it myself). Luckily the 2010 had a black interior - it might have looked worse on the 2013 which has a light colored headliner and A-pillar trim.

· Registered
2015 Infiniti Q50S AWD
148 Posts
Just replaced the windshield on my Q50 last weekend. The dealership quoted me $964 for the windshield, $67 for the seals, and $250 for installation. Safelite did everything for $457 plus tax.

· Registered
729 Posts
It makes you wonder who comes up with some of these jingles for companies that become so memorable. i.e. "Safelite repair, Safelite replace."

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
Hmm. My wife's windshield was replaced, and it didn't cost me a penny. Cost was $541. My car insurance includes $0 deductible safety glass insurance that will repair or replace any car glass for an additional premium of $17/year. The Q50 costs $25/year and I've had a crack filled for free on it. Well worth it.

Reactions: Londorh

· Registered
1,555 Posts
Got mine replaced at a local shop. Was painless, about 350. Costed more because I had the non-adaptive CC apparently.

It's fine, just needed it because I got a spider crack from a rock :(

If you're looking at brands, mine ended up being PGW, but I don't think it matters

· Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,558 Posts
It makes you wonder who comes up with some of these jingles for companies that become so memorable. i.e. "Safelite repair, Safelite replace."
Safelite is part of the Belron group, like Carglass in Germany/Europe. Here they sing "Carglass repariert, Carglass tauscht aus" (same meaning)! LOL

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
Safelite is part of the Belron group, like Carglass in Germany/Europe. Here they sing "Carglass repariert, Carglass tauscht aus" (same meaning)! LOL
Just doesn't flow off the tongue though.

· Premium Member
6,960 Posts

· Registered
7,054 Posts
Huh I just do windshield repairs myself before they form into bigger cracks.

Local Canadian Tire (Canadian Pep Boys I guess) sell the kits for $12 each to fill them in. Takes 15 minutes of work and can fill in a couple chips per package.
Avoided having to buy a new windshield or get any cracks in them for the past 15 years thanks to that. Which is impressive given how much gravel we put down
in winter here since its too cold for salt.

Downside is after 10+ years of not having a new windshield on a car the glass does start to look pretty beat up.... Makes me want to try polishing it
but probably not worth the effort given how hard glass is compared to paint. lol

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
Try singing it after 5 or 6 warm beers. Might sound better.
It would sound more like a slurred German drinking song. My favorite:

· Registered
1,558 Posts

· Registered
1,558 Posts
  • Haha

· Registered
4,928 Posts
It would sound more like a slurred German drinking song. My favorite:

My good friend Frank visits Germany every other year (relatives) and is fairly proficient in the language. My daughter-in-law is quite fluent. They both admit after a couple of beers they have trouble with it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts