Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so it's gnna snow here in NY tomorrow, and I usually put my wipers up so not that much snow sticks to it. I tried to do it with my Q50 but can't get the wipers up. The hood blocks/prevents you from doing so. Anyone know how?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Alright so it's gnna snow here in NY tomorrow, and I usually put my wipers up so not that much snow sticks to it. I tried to do it with my Q50 but can't get the wipers up. The hood blocks/prevents you from doing so. Anyone know how?
reading OM may help:Instruments and controls 2-39;)
Pulling up the wiper arm:
The wiper arm should be in the up position
when replacing the wiper.
To pull up the wiper arm, push up*4 twice
when the ignition switch is in the OFF
position within 1 minute. The wiper operation
stops in mid-operation and the wiper
arm can be pulled up.
The shift lever should be in the P (Park)
position.
To return the wiper arm, place the wiper
arm in the down position and operate the
wiper switch once.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
U have to pump that small shaft twice to get it to stand up! Hahahaha! :p

Just turn on the car or at least get the power to the car going then flick that stalk that u flick to control the wipers up twice! 1st on is to do the wipe and 2nd one to get it to stop! Once at the position u can simpy go out and pull the wiper blades towards u to get it to stand!

Hope that helps!

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
407 Posts
U have to pump that small shaft twice to get it to stand up! Hahahaha! :p

Just turn on the car or at least get the power to the car going then flick that stalk that u flick to control the wipers up twice! 1st on is to do the wipe and 2nd one to get it to stop! Once at the position u can simpy go out and pull the wiper blades towards u to get it to stand!

Hope that helps!
You just made this whole process sound wrong.
If we can, might as well get a hot model to do it:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've given up! Tomorrow I'm going in for the DAS recall. I'll get the SA to show me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can get the wipers to stay in the "up" mode even while the car is on. Just do a quick double tap of the wiper level up (mist), and they will stay up until you change the wiper level position again. No need to make it complicated (KISS)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.